Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,062 of 1062
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I'm currently torn between getting either the Patrol or a Sentinel. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice as it's been difficult trying to make a decision, tbh.

I'm about 5'6" and about 135 lbs geared up. My current bikes are a 2015 GT Sanction 650b (size S, I'm intending to sell it soon) and a 2016 Dartmoor Hornet AM hardtail (size M). Both were custom builds and were bought frame-only.

I plan to use the bike as both my DH and Enduro bike, with my hardtail doing the mellower trails + XC stuff.

Transition bikes are hard to come by in my country (the Philippines) and there are no demo bikes around, which is making my decision too much of a crapshoot.

Hope you guys can help me out!
    Hi dude
    I am also 5'6. I ride a medium Patrol for a couple of years, it is the most fun/ versatile bike ever. I got a 35mm stem and a 78 wide bars.
    Last weekend i tested a Sentinel, all stock, medium size, 40mm stem, and it felt perfect, pedalling seated was very similar to my 16 Patrol, and going down it s a blast
    The bike is fast and stable, it jumps amanzingly, and you do feel the sbg when you start to lean the bike, not one problem with the wheelbase, at the end of the ride it felt like i owned the bike for months, such is the confidence it gives you. The only thing i disliked is the weight, specially when i compare it with my Patrol, and i do climb a lot.
    So, go medium and get a shorter stem, 31or 35mm and you will be fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I'm currently torn between getting either the Patrol or a Sentinel. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice as it's been difficult trying to make a decision, tbh.

I'm about 5'6" and about 135 lbs geared up. My current bikes are a 2015 GT Sanction 650b (size S, I'm intending to sell it soon) and a 2016 Dartmoor Hornet AM hardtail (size M). Both were custom builds and were bought frame-only.

I plan to use the bike as both my DH and Enduro bike, with my hardtail doing the mellower trails + XC stuff.

Transition bikes are hard to come by in my country (the Philippines) and there are no demo bikes around, which is making my decision too much of a crapshoot.

Hope you guys can help me out!
    Hey Verbl,

So I'll fill you in a bit as to what my thoughts were on the two bikes, and why I chose the Sentinel.

The main reason I wanted to switch from my E29 was because it was a thoroughbred race machine. I really wanted a bike that was more playful and fun oriented, rather than all business, all of the time. This had me thinking that the Patrol was going to be the right fit for me but I was interested in how the Sentinel would handle as well.

If I was to break down my thoughts on the three bikes and compare them, I would liken the Enduro to a Baja trophy truck. It is super smooth, eats up everything and loves to go fast. When I hopped on the Patrol, it felt like a dirt bike. It was extremely playful and loved to turn everything on the mountain into a feature. It had me popping off of every bump I could find on the trail. Then I hopped on the Sentinel and it felt like I had slid into a high end sports car. Super nimble, agile, and incredibly fast!

For me the Sentinel really bridged the gap between my Enduro and the Patrol. It carried the speed of the E29 but exhibited some of the playfulness of the Patrol. I also am a big fan of the way the 29 inch wheels just eat up all the small imperfections on the trail. In my opinion, it takes a lot more energy to carry the same speed on the Patrol, due simply to how much more of the trail chatter that your body has to absorb.

Both the Patrol and the Sentinel were very fun bikes to ride but in different ways. The Patrol felt like it had more ramp up in the rear and really rewarded you for pushing into the rear travel and launching off of features. The Sentinel just screamed down the hill, yet was still very spritely feeling while doing so. I guess I just love the rush of the speed combined with a bit of hang time more-so than just sending bigger hits at lower speed.

The other thing that sold me on the Sentinel vs the Patrol was the height of the BB. Even in Bellingham, which has very buff trails compared to where I live, I managed to strike the pedals a couple of times on the Patrol due to how extremely low it was. With the tech terrain on my home trails, this would be a nightmare.

If I split my riding time 50/50 between park and natural trails, I think I would have given more thought to the Patrol. I think my riding is probably more 20/80 park/trails and so the Sentinel just made more sense.

At the end of the day that Sentinel is just a weapon and I can't wait to get this build done so I can unleash it!

Hope that long winded comparison helps ha ha. If you have any more specific questions let me know!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drapeado View Post
    Hi dude
    I am also 5'6. I ride a medium Patrol for a couple of years, it is the most fun/ versatile bike ever. I got a 35mm stem and a 78 wide bars.
    Last weekend i tested a Sentinel, all stock, medium size, 40mm stem, and it felt perfect, pedalling seated was very similar to my 16 Patrol, and going down it s a blast
    The bike is fast and stable, it jumps amanzingly, and you do feel the sbg when you start to lean the bike, not one problem with the wheelbase, at the end of the ride it felt like i owned the bike for months, such is the confidence it gives you. The only thing i disliked is the weight, specially when i compare it with my Patrol, and i do climb a lot.
    So, go medium and get a shorter stem, 31or 35mm and you will be fine.
    drapeado- Thanks for that review and sizing answer- i'm feeling more confident about going with a med on this. I have a Med Nomad now and while the cockpit fits the wheelbase is long already and the Sentinel will be even longer- more like a large on the nomad : ( I do notice that I have to slam my seat all the way back to be comfortable currently so maybe I will be in a better position on the sentinel med by being more centered on the frame. Now I'm finding there are no demos near me ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Don't let the top tube length and such fool you - these bikes actually don't feel as long as you might think, in part due to the steep seat angle. My buddy rides a large YT Jeffsy, and I let him test ride my large Sentinel. I'm running a 35mm stem, and the cockpit of my Sentinel actually felt shorter than his Jeffsy with a 55mm stem. The uber slack head angle and steep seat tube make it feel pretty upright, the big difference it really the length of the wheelbase and how damn far away that front tire looks when you're seated. At 5'6 I think the medium is the right call for sure.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by zhendo View Post
    Don't let the top tube length and such fool you - these bikes actually don't feel as long as you might think, in part due to the steep seat angle. My buddy rides a large YT Jeffsy, and I let him test ride my large Sentinel. I'm running a 35mm stem, and the cockpit of my Sentinel actually felt shorter than his Jeffsy with a 55mm stem. The uber slack head angle and steep seat tube make it feel pretty upright, the big difference it really the length of the wheelbase and how damn far away that front tire looks when you're seated. At 5'6 I think the medium is the right call for sure.
    Zhendo- thanks good to know. I just feel it may be hard to manual something with the wheelbase of an x large nomad : (

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm like 5'-7.75", also currently on a medium Nomad 3. I demoed a medium Sentinel and the fit felt perfect. It will definitely be my next bike. The ETT difference of the two is within 10mm of each other, so you could easily run a 35mm stem instead of a 40 or 50 or whatever you have on your Nomad and it will feel the same.

I didn't notice the longer wheelbase at all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anyone have some settings for a Float X2 on this frame yet? Initial setup is very, very positive compared to the DPX2 that came on the frame. Body weight minus 15lb for starting PSI gives 19mm sag. 3 spacers and baseline clicker settings seem to work decent. Much better feel on impacts versus the DPX2, and doesn't come pogo'ing up either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH28 View Post
    Anyone have some settings for a Float X2 on this frame yet? Initial setup is very, very positive compared to the DPX2 that came on the frame. Body weight minus 15lb for starting PSI gives 19mm sag. 3 spacers and baseline clicker settings seem to work decent. Much better feel on impacts versus the DPX2, and doesn't come pogo'ing up either.
    Pics?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops View Post
    Zhendo- thanks good to know. I just feel it may be hard to manual something with the wheelbase of an x large nomad : (
    It is hard to manual compared to a smaller bike, but if you bought a bike for it's manual abilities you'd end up on a circus trike. All of these longer bikes are harder to manual in the parking lot, but its easy enough to loft the wheel at speed and the extra length is oh so worth it in just about every other scenario (except switchbacks, but nobody likes those)

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Did you buy the 2019 version?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cYbernation View Post
    Did you buy the 2019 version?
    Yes, 2019. It has a long stiff bottom-out bumper in it. I just popped the air can off to correct the stroke length with some nylon washers behind the bumper. It's a very different bumper than what's on the coil shock.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yes, 2019. It has a long stiff bottom-out bumper in it. I just popped the air can off to correct the stroke length with some nylon washers behind the bumper. It's a very different bumper than what's on the coil shock.
    Whatís your weight? Are you getting enough progression out of the shock?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cYbernation View Post
    Whatís your weight? Are you getting enough progression out of the shock?
    185lb. Need to get it on some proper trails to really be able to tell. What is obvious is just how bassackwards the air can/spring curve is on the DPX2 compared to the Float. Sag numbers need to be re-thought with this air can versus the DPX2.

The damping on flat landings is already far more useful too. There's no spiking or abrupt bottoming out, at least not to the same degree of the stock shock. Again, need to find somewhere to just do some laps to get a better feel for it.

I have it loaded up with 3 spacers right now. It would appear that there's a slot for the 4th spacer that comes with the shock, but it doesn't seem to be wide (tall) enough to actually let the spacer clip into place. Very odd.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I think Someone (cannot find where) in this thread called Transition about the X2 fit the Sentinel. They said it was not suitable for the frame?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    I think Someone (cannot find where) in this thread called Transition about the X2 fit the Sentinel. They said it was not suitable for the frame?
    The 2019 has a revised bottom-out bumper and the positive volume is reduced to give more ramp-up supposedly.

I could see wanting more out of it at some point though with 19mm sag and max spacers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zhendo View Post
    Thanks to everyone here for responding.

It's starting to look like the Sentinel over the Patrol atm. I'm on a Small GT Sanction now (415mm reach) but with a 50mm stem. I rode a Nomad 3 last week (size S) and it felt cramped. I'll certainly think about a size M in the coming weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Is this paint chipping normal?
    Never had this happen on my Specialized frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I hear the paint sucks on them.

mtbr member
    Yup happens on most bikes especially the Transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I'm like 5'-7.75", also currently on a medium Nomad 3. I demoed a medium Sentinel and the fit felt perfect. It will definitely be my next bike. The ETT difference of the two is within 10mm of each other, so you could easily run a 35mm stem instead of a 40 or 50 or whatever you have on your Nomad and it will feel the same.

I didn't notice the longer wheelbase at all.
    Andeh Thanks for the compo its gonna make buying the med easier if I have to buy unseen..

mtbr member
    Yeah unfortunately, paint chipping is a common complaint on 2018-2019 Transition frames.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    2018-2019? Haha, you mean 2001-2019?

-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aenduro View Post
    2018-2019? Haha, you mean 2001-2019?
    Haha, yeah basically that. They have always sucked.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It is really annoying
    All my seat tube is full of paint chip and scratches from stones

Thinking about getting some frame protection even that is it little bit late

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    If you guys haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend checking out ridewrap.ca

Their tailored kit offers the most complete protection I was able to find out there. They're a newer company out of Whistler. With the paint chipping issues I wanted to go overboard with the frame protection and this was about as good as it gets I think.

Their website says they have kits in stock for the Sentinel - that being said, I am still waiting on mine to arrive and the local shop said they ordered it a while back. Still worth taking a look at though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Does anybody have any input fork selection on these bikes? I just ordered a new 2019, current front runners are:

2019 Fox 36 GRIP2 - 44mm offset
    2019 MRP Coil - 41mm offset

I know this is kind of a frame agnostic question, but figured I'd ask here to see if anybody has actual experience with either of these two forks on a Sentinel (or transition for that matter).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizRider View Post
    Does anybody have any input fork selection on these bikes? I just ordered a new 2019, current front runners are:

I know this is kind of a frame agnostic question, but figured I'd ask here to see if anybody has actual experience with either of these two forks on a Sentinel (or transition for that matter).
    I have the new 36 and it works fine. I think I liked my 2019 Lyrik better though. I also want to try a 51mm offset fork on the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    Haha, yeah basically that. They have always sucked.
    Now that you mention it, you're right.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have the new 36 and it works fine. I think I liked my 2019 Lyrik better though. I also want to try a 51mm offset fork on the bike.
    Nice ride.....but aren't high offset forks somewhat counter to the SBG shtick?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

+1
    I just picked up an '18 Sentinel that has the RC2 36. It's a nice enough feeling fork but I really miss my Ribbon Coil that I had on my 27.5 bike. Debating selling the 36 to get another Ribbon or converting the RC2 to coil. Any opinions?

Also MRP has a 41mm and 46mm offset option for the Ribbon.
    15' Knolly Warden
    13' Endorphin

mtbr member
    Nice ride.....but aren't high offset forks somewhat counter to the SBG shtick?
    That doesnít mean they work the best for my riding style.

Plus, Ripmos come stock with 44offset forks, yet every fast person I know (including the pros I believe) run the 51 offset forks.
    *Yes I know the sentinel is way slacker, but they are fundamentally the same theory, right?

Canít hurt to try. Other than your wallet... lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    That doesnít mean they work the best for my riding style.

Plus, Ripmos come stock with 44offset forks, yet every fast person I know (including the pros I believe) run the 51 offset forks.
    *Yes I know the sentinel is way slacker, but they are fundamentally the same theory, right?

Canít hurt to try. Other than your wallet... lol
    Fair enough! Let us know...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    You can buy just the 51mm CSU for your 36 if you're really that curious. Check out DirtLabs. Cheaper than a second fork.

damned rocks...
    Hi guys!
    I'm about to buy a 2018 Sentinel frameset, it has the RS Deluxe RT as stock, but the LBS offered me the upgrade to the Fox DPX2 Elite shox that is on the 2019 kit for another extra 150Ä.
    Is it worth it, is the DPX2 better then the Deluxe RT on the Sentinel in terms of performance?
    Thx guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    If I was in your shoes, I would do the upgrade. That or I would look for a used DPX2 online - seems like a few guys have swapped theirs out for a coil or an X2. Not sure how the price would compare to what you can find guys selling take offs for. Just make sure to order the correct stroke if you do go that route.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
    If I was in your shoes, I would do the upgrade. That or I would look for a used DPX2 online - seems like a few guys have swapped theirs out for a coil or an X2. Not sure how the price would compare to what you can find guys selling take offs for. Just make sure to order the correct stroke if you do go that route.
    It's more than just the correct stroke (if not buying a take-off), you need to get the correct factory tune, there are a lot of different tunes out there. The frame Manuf work with the OEM shock suppliers to get the general tune on the shocks correct for the frames. I'd say it is not an upgrade unless the tunes is specifically designed for the frame.

I *think* some of the higher end shocks like the X2 are adjustable enough to get them to work with most frames....but, always safe to just get OEM shock or get a shock with a custom tune that matches the OEM one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    You can buy just the 51mm CSU for your 36 if you're really that curious. Check out DirtLabs. Cheaper than a second fork.
    My plan is to find a friend with a 160mm 51offset 29er fork I can borrow (or swap for a ride or two).

I was close once, but the fork I borrowed had the steerer tube cut super short so it wasnít realistically going to even work on the sentinel.

damned rocks...
    The DPX2 is a take off from a 2019 Transition Sentinel, the other guy made the upgrade to an ÷HLINS TTX22, so it has the correct stroke and tune, otherwise I wouldn't be so tempted.
    My doubt is really just if the upgrade is worth of the extra 150Ä.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    Is it worth it, is the DPX2 better then the Deluxe RT on the Sentinel in terms of performance?
    Thx guys!
    IMO the deluxe RT shouldn't be installed on any bike. I upgraded from a Deluxe RT to a DPX2 on my Process 153 and never looked back. There were so many cross-flow issues on the RT I couldn't adjust the rebound without it affecting the compression and vice versa. The 3-position adjuster is much better than just two positions also.

*edit* if possible, ask to keep the old RT for an emergency spare if you're travelling to races etc. A spare shock is a lovely nice-to-have if you're travelling, even if it is just a Deluxe RT.

mtbr member
    My plan is to find a friend with a 160mm 51offset 29er fork I can borrow (or swap for a ride or two).
    I have a 36 51 CSU that I will sell for cheap if it'll work for you. I'm in Menlo Park. PM if interested.

mtbr member
    How are people liking their sentinelís for all 2+ hour rides where your climbing for your descents? I climbing everything from 40+minute fire roads to tight PNW loam singletrack. Not along of switchbacks here. Still canít decide between sentinel or smuggler for my one bike quiver.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddiesconfusion View Post
    How are people liking their sentinelís for all 2+ hour rides where your climbing for your descents? I climbing everything from 40+minute fire roads to tight PNW loam singletrack. Not along of switchbacks here. Still canít decide between sentinel or smuggler for my one bike quiver.
    Perfectly fine. But all my bikes have been long travel so I donít really know any better.

Would I race it in an xc race? Never.
    But I would happily take it on a backcountry epic 50miles/7500í and know it would be a blast on the rowdiest of descents.

mtbr member
    It's totally adequate for that type of riding. Most of my rides on the Sentinel are 2-4 hours, 3-4k ft of elevation gain. Compared to my other bike (Ibis Mojo 3, a 130mm travel DW link), the Sentinel is a bit more work to lug up a hill, but it's not a drastic difference. In fact, my first ride on it I PR'd a 45 minute fire-road slog. That was most certainly due to new bike stoke, and not the Sentinel's climbing prowess, but my point is that it's not a huge difference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The long slow climb and then fast and rowdy descent is the reason this bike exists and is pretty much the only kind of riding I do.

The Sentinel actually climbs great. Itís not fast, but it is super comfortable and has loads of traction for the steep sections. It can be a bit of a handful in the super tight switchbacks, but it didnít take me long to adjust. Now the only switchbacks I canít make are too tight for my buddies to make on their shorter bikes anyway.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jminus View Post
    The long slow climb and then fast and rowdy descent is the reason this bike exists and is pretty much the only kind of riding I do.

The Sentinel actually climbs great. Itís not fast, but it is super comfortable and has loads of traction for the steep sections. It can be a bit of a handful in the super tight switchbacks, but it didnít take me long to adjust. Now the only switchbacks I canít make are too tight for my buddies to make on their shorter bikes anyway.
    I feel almost the exact same.

The new bike smell has worn off on my 18' Alloy, but I'm still stoked on the bike. Most of my rides are 2hr+. There hasn't been a hill I haven't been able to turtle up (record now is a 5000ft sustained climb). Not the most enjoyable experience, but it's the rabbit speed decent is what makes it worth it. The wheel size and frame geo inspires so much speed and confidence, it's pretty amazing.

I too had to adjust my entry for super-tight switchbacks, and sometimes have to endo the rear around, but it has not been an issue for me....and I encounter some pretty tight stuff here in SoCal trails.

I would vote yeah, Sentinel would make for a good 1 bike quiver candidate....I also have a pretty capable 27.5 next to mine (Evil Insurgent).

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Would I race it in an xc race? Never.
    Coward! :P (only saying that because I got suckered into making up numbers in Sport class XC race last weekend on my Enduro bike)

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'll say that while it's not the most efficient climber, flipping the shock into trail mode does make a big difference in the bike's responsiveness while on the gas and heading uphill. Also worth noting is how upright and comfortable the pedaling position is - the proportions of the bike just work well for my height and dimensions, so I'm far more comfortable pedaling this bike up for extended amounts of time and on longer rides relative to my old Evil Following, which was a more "efficient" bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Transition Sentinel-eff8a0c4-aec3-49f2-b7ef-fe10a576df28.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-06783efe-ed6f-4ea9-9806-db74c6e8c491.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-f0ef6179-501e-413f-8b8a-7c045f5ea3c5.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-2bd5fdf9-f0ad-44a0-8b05-d96907af4315.jpg

The parts have been rolling in! I canít wait to get this thing bolted together!

If everything arrives when it should Iíll be taking her for the maiden voyage this weekend!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Sorry about the sideways pics lol. Not sure how to post it any differently.

mtbr member
    Curious as to where people are getting the custom decals done?

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMartell View Post
    Curious as to where people are getting the custom decals done?
    Any place that you can find that print and cut vinil, you just need to download the templates from the Transition website, choose a Pantone code and wait 5min.

mtbr member
    Last edited by drapeado; 3 Days Ago at 08:55 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFF8A0C4-AEC3-49F2-B7EF-FE10A576DF28.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	1227752
    sexy beast! Will you go also for gold eagle?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Transition Sentinel-vk0ncheiql6b5stb91yfww.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-wepp8qjarzejrkwcmjnoca.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-pfb6ssplq4imvtscxd8tqg.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-img_0140.jpgTransition Sentinel-ada7fbce-bf3f-4fa8-a830-6407f5c6005f.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-img_0162.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-img_0179.jpg

I NEED to ride this thing so bad! ha ha

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    As for the custom decals, yeah, just got the logo files sent over from Transition and then had a local shop print them off. I know that Fanatik also sells them online if you don't know of any print shops in your area. They have a number of different options that you can choose from.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I actually spent hours on Fanatik's website playing around on their custom bike builder playing with different part configurations, colour schemes, etc. It's pretty kick ass if you haven't seen it.

You can see exactly how much your bike will weigh with different components on it, what the final price will be and everything. That's how I determined my entire build. I'd definitely recommend checking them out.

I ended up ordering everything through my local shop because they've always been so good to me, but the Fanatik site is such a great resource!

Here's the link.. https://www.fanatikbike.com

Just click on the bike builder and start playing - careful, it might end up costing you a small fortune like it did for me though! ha ha

mtbr member
    May 2013
    thanks for the link! I'm really looking forward to see your complete build - I like that gun& gold :-)

jcd's best friend
    I think I just filled the cup...
    Trek Emonda | Transition Sentinel

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Well the new wheelset arrived today! Chris King hubs with cx-rays laced to We Are One Composite hoops.

Not bad weights for 29ers, with Exo+ tires, 203mm rotors f/r and about 4-5oz of Stan's sealant!

Transition Sentinel-hizp%25gb7t-eb%25p9fh9-y8w.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-nx2-t%25gts3q339wwy9x8zg.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-xz9irx3rsus5rnjcm8p6hq.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-2rsfvtqeqhkvbf9gs0zwta.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-zqs6zhkpr7ejiuknricjiw.jpg
    Transition Sentinel-cbezqvgdsg-l3tp6cbkvew.jpg

..and apparently I still don't know how to post pics the right way lol

mtbr member
    Where did you get EXO+ ???

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Where did you get EXO+ ???
    Just through my local shop!

They are starting to spec them on the new '19 Santa Cruz bikes now. They ordered one in for me on the rear and the other they pulled off of one of the SC bikes. I wanted a DHF Exo+ up front but I would have been waiting until mid January so I decided to run the DHR f/r for now because that's what was available.

I live in the interior of BC in a super rocky area and I destroy regular Exo tires. The DD have survived well for me so I'm interested to see if the + can bridge the gap. The Exo+ is a 75g weight increase vs the DD which is a 200g increase.

I'm trying to keep the rolling weight lower to keep the ride a bit more nimble. That's the main reason I went with the Insider rims instead of the Agents as well. Going with the Insider and Exo+ vs the Agent and DD should save me about 225g of rolling weight per wheel which will make a big difference in feel on the trail.

mtbr member
    Just through my local shop!

They are starting to spec them on the new '19 Santa Cruz bikes now. They ordered one in for me on the rear and the other they pulled off of one of the SC bikes. I wanted a DHF Exo+ up front but I would have been waiting until mid January so I decided to run the DHR f/r for now because that's what was available.

I live in the interior of BC in a super rocky area and I destroy regular Exo tires. The DD have survived well for me so I'm interested to see if the + can bridge the gap. The Exo+ is a 75g weight increase vs the DD which is a 200g increase.

I'm trying to keep the rolling weight lower to keep the ride a bit more nimble. That's the main reason I went with the Insider rims instead of the Agents as well. Going with the Insider and Exo+ vs the Agent and DD should save me about 225g of rolling weight per wheel which will make a big difference in feel on the trail.
    Ah, nice!
    Iím pretty light and ride in Santa Cruz which has zero rocks, but still rather run exo+ when not racing for the little bit of extra support. Preferably DHF front and rear.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011