Carbon Scout review video requests- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Carbon Scout review video requests

I'm going to make a Carbon Scout review video. It will not be too serious. If anyone has requests let me know.

My main observations after owning the frame since it was released:
    1) I like that the sag range is so wide and the thing rides great either way. Two bikes in one if you change shock pressure.
    2) 210mm dropper is fantastic (I bought the OneUp)
    3) I prefer the fancy Fox shock. I didn't like the firm position on the RockShox one, it was too firm. I used the climb mode on the DPX2 every time I climbed. Only use flip the switch now for fire roads.

For reference, my SBG review video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tst2-emsIO8

mtbr member
    Been meaning to ask what you thought about the Scout vs the Rail and Patrol. Looking at picking up a 2020 Scout, Patrol or Rail. Had a ride on a buddy's SBG alloy Scout and the capability of that mid-travel bike blew me away and of course it cornered like a dart. Figured the 2020 geo updates just ratchet up the capability. Makes it harder to chose between a Patrol (or similar long travel bike).

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Great, I have demoed all of those. Yes I can compare.

mtbr member
    If you've demoed the new carbon Sentinel and can add a comparison to that rig, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in general for doing the review!
    Last edited by Heretic Skeptic; 6 Days Ago at 04:44 AM.

Monkey
    Apr 2004
    I'd like a comparison between Scout CR vs Spur.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Ooh boy I'd have to demo the Sentinel and Spur to compare those two (I'm also a bit scared I might like em). I've only ridden 4 29ers in my life and wasn't a big fan of any of them (GG Smash, Trance 29, 2020 Evil Following, some Trek way back before 650b was a thing), so a caveat. I kinda dug the Following because it rolled over all the roots but was pretty lively since it hasn't got much squish, but it was only one trail (SST) I got to ride so not very thorough (there's spots where I get hung up with 27.5 wheels unless I'm really on it).

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Im curious how is the Scout in long mode (150/160) vs normal mode (140/150), and if you demoed Bronson v3 and Patrol, how they compared, special when the Scout in long mode.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Hi Muddy-Runs, the Scout can't be easily switched like say a GG bike. You have to replace the shock.

I've demoed a carbon Patrol and also owned a Suppressor. The Patrol sizing was different-- I was really comfortable on a large Patrol, cramped on a medium (but it's a blast if you just shuttle). On the prior gens of Scout they felt bigger in the cockpit for the same size. The Patrol was similar, but slightly squishier. If the carbon Scout hadn't come out, I was leaning towards getting one.