Apr 2006
    Please donít be an E bike.

Practice Gratitude

Good job!

Rad advertisement, imho.
    ďIt never gets easier, you just get faster.Ē ~ Greg LeMond

2012 Specialized Carve

mtbr member
    I've gotta admit I'm a sucker for their marketing, especially when it takes the piss out of other gimmicks...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Probably the new Smuggler

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That would make for 3 new Transition bikes this year!? The Sentinel, Scout, and possibly a new Smuggler too?

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Life is easy. Figure out the price of whatever it is you want to do, then pay that price.

mtbr member
    maybe a 29" SDG hardcore hardtail?

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    In a weird stroke of luck, I saw one built up by accident. Def full sus, def same treatment as rest of the new lineup, def kick ass colorway (deep forest emerald green).
    Life is easy. Figure out the price of whatever it is you want to do, then pay that price.

mtbr member
    https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Spur.cfm

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    And I'm disappointed.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Trail Ninja
    Shame competing with the YT Izzo, bringing nothing really innovative to the game.

Was hoping the next evolution would be a bike with lower BB, enabled by a 150-155mm crank.
    "The challenge is not in developing new ideas, but in escaping old ideas."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    All the Smuggler numbers but less travel.

The same day Yeti releases the SB115

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Shame competing with the YT Izzo, bringing nothing really innovative to the game.

Was hoping the next evolution would be a bike with lower BB, enabled by a 150-155mm crank.
    They could have gone lower with a 175 crank.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Iím confused about the negativity. This is not the Smuggler...and itís about 5lbs lighter. If there were ever a problem with long/low/slack, itís pedal strikes.

If this peddles well, they will have fixed all the negatives of the Smugg And if I read it correctly, it still has more travel than the Yeti rocker release; oh...you only measure the fork, I see.

You guys are just trolling right?

mtbr member
    Kinda thought my v1 sentinel was an all county.....
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Does the Spur replace the Smuggler or is it added to the lineup?

mtbr member
    Itís on the transition site now... looks like a norco optic .... carbon only....
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Heard from a local shop in the uk, smuggler is no more.
    This is its replacement for sure. Personally I like it a lot itís perfect for this old timer and will sit nicely next to my vanquish to.
    Just gotta sell my other other frames to Pay for it now 🤪

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    The more I look at this bike, the more I'm tempted to sell the smuggler for it. Ideally I would have this bike for the long saddle days and a patrol for getting rowdy. I have a feeling Transition will be putting out a new smuggler either this year or next with the same frame updates, but a bit more travel to go between the Spur and Sentinel.

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by GT87 View Post
    They could have gone lower with a 175 crank.

You see how the Spec Epic 2021 XS drops 10mm to 314mm BB height because they spec'd a shorter crank? That's something I wanna see more of.

I recall the Ripley v1 having a 330mm BBH, but the new one's 335mm like this one. Everything on paper seems too similar between all these options...

Well, it's progress that Transition got frame+shock weight down to 5.5 lbs (2500g) like other big names. Lots of news about lower weight, from the 2080g Last Tarvo enduro frame (w/o shock) to all these Olympics XC race-ready FS bikes (e.g. Scalpel and Epic).
    "The challenge is not in developing new ideas, but in escaping old ideas."

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    You see how the Spec Epic 2021 XS drops 10mm to 314mm BB height because they spec'd a shorter crank? That's something I wanna see more of.

I recall the Ripley v1 having a 330mm BBH, but the new one's 335mm like this one. Everything on paper seems too similar between all these options...

Well, it's progress that Transition got frame+shock weight down to 5.5 lbs (2500g) like other big names. Lots of news about lower weight, from the 2080g Last Tarvo enduro frame (w/o shock) to all these Olympics XC race-ready FS bikes (e.g. Scalpel and Epic).
    So you only ride flow trails. That's cool. Some people actually ride over obstacles.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

My point was that the bb isn't even that low to begin with. They could have gone lower, regardless of crank length.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    So you only ride flow trails. That's cool. Some people actually ride over obstacles.
    Fnck off. Some people don't rely on a high BB to be able to pedal indiscrimately over "obstacles".

Nov 2015
    **** off. You live in Michigan. You don't ride over shit.

I will buy your entry into the Marji Gesick 50 or 100. Came tell me that after. I actually don't live in Michigan and you are making assumptions based off my screen name. I actually live in a camper van, and travel the country full time racing and riding my bike while you sit on computers having theoretical discussions about riding bikes. I have the KOM riding up Milagrosa, meet me at the bottom and we can see who can ride up what. You clearly should ask the people who have seen me ride if I ride "hike a bikes". It's what I do. I'm not talking trials riding either. All the DH trails in Pisgah, I ride up them, all the DH trails in Roanoke/Harrisonburg, I ride up them. Arizona, up them. If you are in Durango on the 15th of August or Monarch the 29th you can come see it for yourself too. We can actually ride bikes and let our legs do the talking. October, I'll be in BC for the winter, I'm sure they don't have any obstacles on the trail there either.

I've ridden in 11 states in the last calendar year. That's "all-country", right?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I will buy your entry into the Marji Gesick 50 or 100. Came tell me that after. I actually don't live in Michigan and you are making assumptions based off my screen name. I actually live in a camper van, and travel the country full time racing and riding my bike while you sit on computers having theoretical discussions about riding bikes. I have the KOM riding up Milagrosa, meet me at the bottom and we can see who can ride up what. You clearly should ask the people who have seen me ride if I ride "hike a bikes". It's what I do. I'm not talking trials riding either. All the DH trails in Pisgah, I ride up them, all the DH trails in Roanoke/Harrisonburg, I ride up them. Arizona, up them. If you are in Durango on the 15th of August or Monarch the 29th you can come see it for yourself too. We can actually ride bikes and let our legs do the talking. October, I'll be in BC for the winter, I'm sure they don't have any obstacles on the trail there either.

I've ridden in 11 states in the last calendar year. That's "all-country", right?
    Right, because you're clearly too busy riding to have theoretical discussions on the internet. Thanks for explaining how super badass you are, very impressive resume you've got there. I'll take you up on your offer for the entrance fee. That's very generous of you.

Nov 2015
    Right, because you're clearly too busy riding to have theoretical discussions on the internet. Thanks for explaining how super badass you are, very impressive resume you've got there. I'll take you up on your offer for the entrance fee. That's very generous of you.

You are in the transition sub forum, making statements about the new bike they made. Did you buy one? I did. So it's not theoretical, I actually own one. I also don't theoretically ride trails other than the local ones where you live. I actually ride them. See, that's the difference between real world experience, and theories.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    You are in the transition sub forum, making statements about the new bike they made. Did you buy one? I did. So it's not theoretical, I actually own one. I also don't theoretically ride trails other than the local ones where you live. I actually ride them. See, that's the difference between real world experience, and theories.
    Oh, so you have real world experience with ordering the bike that you haven't even ridden yet. Gotcha. You're an arrogant tool, and you've only got half a clue.

Nov 2015
    Oh, so you have real world experience with ordering the bike that you haven't even ridden yet. Gotcha. You're an arrogant tool, and you've only got half a clue.

First, you start with a theory. I think this bike is going to be great for what I need. Then you apply that theory by buying the bike and riding it. Then you move from the realm of theory, to reality. Which is what I am doing. Unlike you, who without riding the bike or the type of trails it was designed for, have already stated your theory is that the BB should be lower. That's the furthest extent to which you are willing to take your theory. Theoretical discussion. Not real world application. Yet you have all the opinions. Based on theory.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    First, you start with a theory. I think this bike is going to be great for what I need. Then you apply that theory by buying the bike and riding it. Then you move from the realm of theory, to reality. Which is what I am doing. Unlike you, who without riding the bike or the type of trails it was designed for, have already stated your theory is that the BB should be lower. That's the furthest extent to which you are willing to take your theory. Theoretical discussion. Not real world application. Yet you have all the opinions. Based on theory.
    I said it *could* be lower, based on owning and riding bikes with similar geo, but lower bb, in steep chunky terrain. Go f*ck yourself. You're a complete noob, and now you think you're the shit cuz you got stoked on xc racing like 3 whole years ago. What a tool. Must be lonely in the van when you're personality sucks this bad.

mtbr member
    Ha! One goon says he knows best bb height based on who knows what. The other goon argues he can pedal up a hill faster with a KOM and that means bb height is fine. Meanwhile I criticize my wife for watching dumb drama TV shows while i'm guilty of doing the same reading the MTBR forums.. lol.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by phishstix View Post
    Ha! One goon says he knows best bb height based on who knows what. The other goon argues he can pedal up a hill faster with a KOM and that means bb height is fine. Meanwhile I criticize my wife for watching dumb drama TV shows while i'm guilty of doing the same reading the MTBR forums.. lol.
    Do you tell her what to wear, too? Yeah, I know what bb height is best based on pure speculation and theory. I've never actually ridden a bike. I thought I rode a flow trail once, but I can't be sure. Some other goon knows that in order to lower the bb height any further they'd have to resort to 155 cranks. Meanwhile lamedetroitcity just discovered the magic of mountainbikes 4 years ago and has since ridden every tech trail in the lower 48 upside down and backwards, on a bike that he hasn't even seen in person yet. Dude's a badass. If you had ever seen him ride, you'd know that he's on another level. 100 miles on a rigid SS kinda level. Undiagnosed asbergers kinda level. You ever ridden downhill? Well, detroitrockcity rode up that hill while daydreaming about van ramen and how much better he is than you. He doesn't know you, but he knows he's better. He's a man of action. The rest of us wannabes are just theorizing on the internet about bikes that we never ride, while he's out training and setting KOMs on America's finest singletrack.