Trail X?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail X?

mtbr member

Trail X?

I was reading an old BIKE magazine when I cam across the September/October of (I think) 2005. I was pretty much just flipping through when I came across Colin Meagher's articl called "Trail X". I was completely intrigued. Just the thought of 80 straight miles of singletrack seemed amazing. I vowed to someday ride that trail. Only one problem, Mr. Meagher doesn't mention information about where it is, what it's called. Practically nothing to help me find so I can ride it. That's where you come in. If ANYbody has ANY infortion about where this trail is or even what it's called, I would be insanely grateful. I also can't find a link to the article and the scanner's on the frits, so that would help too. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    It's the Umpqua Trail in Oregon.

It's open to the public as it's a Forest Service Trail, and it's an absolutely retarded move by any bike magazine to promote or any rider to try to keep secret a legal backcountry trail. They need to be promoting these trails and emphasizing the need to protect them and other equally awesome trails from being closed to us. Instead of selfishly hording knowledge for no good reason than to sell a rag.

By the way there are tons of really awesome trails open to bikes in Oregon State....
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Members who have read this thread: 0