Trail building in Bothell, WA- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Trail building in Bothell, WA

I was wondering if their was anyone in the BOTHELL area that could come help us with trails sometime, The exact location Is 3rd avenue of 164th, We could really use some help fixing up some trails, Two people working on them just is not enough. Thanks for looking!

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    dirt jumps?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    theirs 1 or two, but mostly mountain biking

mtbr member
    If you want to help us build on the trails (im the other person helping) then let us know! and well set you up!

mtbr member
    I'd love to help you guys out! i'm in south everett so i can't really bring any big tools cause i ride everywhere(no car) but i love building trails and riding 'em!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Private message me

mtbr member
    can't don't have enough posts. email me at:
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Build legally kids, and if not at least have the sense to not recruit on a public forum, and not offer the location out on the webbe for all to see.

There are plenty of chances to help out at Paradise near Maltby, not to mention Duthie Hill. Down the road there might be opportunities around Paradise for new trails done legally. Do it the right way.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    These are legal trails, we asked the owner and the city,

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    @ Mr. Me, it said the email didnt work

mtbr member
    ok. i guess i'll go post some more. i'm pooped, i was building trails up in everett today, left the house at noon and got home at about 5 LOL
    looks like you have enough posts to pm me, DHMTBK

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just PM you

mtbr member
    i replied

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Downhill mtb kid View Post
    These are legal trails, we asked the owner and the city,
    Well cool, good luck then.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    This looks to be in Mill Creek.

Are you guys building new trail or fixing up existing trail?

Are you looking for help with digging, moving dirt, etc., or are you looking for someone to show you the right way to build/fix/maintain trail?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    We are doing both, fixing and making new trail, we are mostly looking for help with clearing trail/ making wood features later on and digging / moving dirt right now

dirt visionary
    You should take him up on his offer sustainable doesn't have to be boring and having an expierenced builder help you learn will better the trail . This will keep you from making mistakes everyone who just decides their going to build trail makes . Learning the hard way can lead to lots of excess work/maintaince that isn't needed .It can also lead to poor usage of the area you are running new trail thru.

JMO ,good luck
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am trying! I personal messaged him but to no avail, I would love an extra helping hand!

mtbr member
    We would love to have somebody that could help plan out good sustainable trails!

dirt visionary
    Well good luck hopefully woodway was not just poking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Well good luck hopefully woodway was not just poking.
    No the guy is completely legit, with credentials to boot. But Woodway is a very busy guy too. If your build situation is legit, and he pledges to help by either lending a hand or referring people he knows, his words are not going to be hollow. Gotta have patience.

But people can't just fly in and involve themselves in a project they know nothing about by people they don't know on the internet. Especially if they are in a position of good faith and respect of land managers and volunteers.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    Yeah sorry guys, my MTBR time can be sporadic.

I don't have time to come help dig, but if you need someone to help with trail layout, or you want some pointers on making your trails more sustainable, I will try to help you guys out. If you guys want to come out to Paradise Valley I can show you what we have done, give you some ideas and pointers. I have a work party posted on the Evergreen site for sunday.

dirt visionary
    hopefully they take you up on that..Even if its not legit on their end (don't know story)I would rather give pointers/help rather then see an unsustainable eyesore built out of haste/inexpirence

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The "back yard trails: 1 - YouTube

See for yourself, but keep in mind their are only 2 people working on them, so maintenance is takes up a whole work day

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Might need to give me a link about the work party, would love to come check it out

dirt visionary
    Why take out the humps here and there thats a place for water to drain ...by making a straight hill you are essential creating a fall line a path that will allow water to follow your riding line? Also whats wrong with those little wood drops. by the looks they are fine for their present landings considering the speed you could have coming in to them?

No offense but how long have you guys been riding? Are there plenty of legit trails around?Your guys inexperience shows right through and its not because your young.

I am going to dare say that before you guys get ahead of yourselves at least watch these they are older but still apply.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EZRnizUXJQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EZRnizUXJQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    The workparty is posted here.

The work we are doing on sunday is really basic. We are rebuilding an old trail to make it sustainable and rideable in the winter. It's not very exciting stuff. But if you come out, I can show you what we do and why we do it. I can also show you some of the wood structures that we have built, and explain why we built them the way we did.

I have to warn you though, I am OLD. Gray hair and everything. Probably older than your dad...

[BTW - Skooks is the one you want to get out. He's forgotten more about trail building than I have ever known...]

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The drops in the video are terrible, and you actually get to much speed going though the area, As for the hill we already dug it out, and it drains fine. I have been mountain biking for about 12 years (i am 15) but trail building for about 3, as for our inexperience I understand the fact, but these are Me and My friends trails, they are a place for trail and error, a place to test out ideas, This area is Private but their are many Walking trails going through the MTB trails (which are hidden). Again thanks for the feed back, and as for drainage, the trees keep the water out. There is only 1 tiny spot with standing water after the big rain the other day, So drainage isnt the issue

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Also, to Mr. Clockwork I have actually watched that video series a lot, and as the the "Inexperienced" design, the trails we build are for us, so they are build to what we like, not what everyone else likes, and we dont change stuff unless we have reason.

dirt visionary
    Haha "Mr.Clockwork" sounds like I struck a young nerve you sound like my 13year old daughter .

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I cant tell if thats a good thing, or a bad thing.

mtbr member
    keep in mind their are only 2 people working on them
    You seem to have forgotten about someone

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    that was before u came

Members who have read this thread: 0