Signage- Mtbr.com

Thread: Signage

K&K

Signage

I know I've posted this before, but now I have money for signs, so have to start figuring out what to write on them. These will be the run of the mill metal sign on a metal post.

Background
    1/2 mile MTB training track at a middle school - https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8007023/yuma
    Track is open to the public outside of school hours and school events.
    Land is co-managed by school district and City of Yuma.
    I am organizing an event for the public March 7th called MTB Rodeo. I plan to have signs installed before the event.

Most locals do not realize they are welcome to ride the track outside of school hours and events.
    Many of those who are aware, and using the track, are not wearing helmets.
    I found 2 men digging jumps into the features and later discovered that they were jumping a 6' wall into the neighboring housing development and had also been using another wall that separates the field from the bordering homes on the other side for some stunt that left tire marks 5' up. They were pleasant enough when I talked to them, and I allowed them to finish as I was curious what they had in mind. Never in a million years imagined them jumping the wall. Wish I had seen it.

I don't want the signs to be pedantic, but it does seem I need to instill some ground-rules. I expect that the signs will be quickly vandalized or destroyed if I piss off the wrong gang-member. I'm hoping to come up with wording that will not put off the local hoodlums and maybe even encourage them to see the track as something they will be invested in. Of course, I'm sure they will wear helmets lol.

My question, does anyone have any specific language they have created, or seen on signage that I can take inspiration from?

(For those who saw the original title, no idea how that got pasted in there.)
    Last edited by ki5ka; 01-23-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Don't know how that got in there!

trail rat
    One suggestion I have seen used in a situation like this with vandalism of signs / trails. A sign with the image of a camera and "Video and Audio Surveillance 24 hours a day, every day."

That will not stop everyone, but it will slow down the casual vandal, and those known to the City PD to cause problems. If anyone asks (bingo, culprit) say they are well camouflaged for a reason. Good luck.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

K&K
    And we even have the area covered by cameras, so that might very well be effective.

saddlemeat
    Hire one of the thugs to make an artistic sign, treat 'em like an artist.
    I ride with the best dogs.

K&K
    Quote Originally Posted by bsieb View Post
    Hire one of the thugs to make an artistic sign, treat 'em like an artist.
    I like the thinking, but as far as I've seen, not any artistic talent in this local pool of taggers... Still might be worth a try. Got some real talent in the doodles some of my students have on their notebooks.

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by ki5ka View Post
    I like the thinking, but as far as I've seen, not any artistic talent in this local pool of taggers... Still might be worth a try. Got some real talent in the doodles some of my students have on their notebooks.
    Yep, a doodle and PS can produce a sign graphic. Hand drawn/lettered signs presented on a pro sign substrate are attention getting and less provocative.
    I ride with the best dogs.