Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Removable Ladders

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wrench Monkey 
#1 ·
I just moved into a new apartment and right next to me is an abandoned lot. I am in south philly, so this is a common site. I want to build a couple of sections of movable/removable ladders and such to mess around on with my buddies. I have begun pulling 2x4's from the local dumpsters. Does anyone have any ideas about ways to connect/elevate the ladders? I am just poking around to see what I can find. Thanks!

#3 ·
Use pallets. When I used to rent a home,I wanted a portable ladder ride. I took some pallets and cut them down. Pallets have 3 long stringers with many thin boards as decking. Just cut the decking next to the middle stringer.This will make the deck more narrow,lighter,and more fun to ride.If you have enough pallets you can stack them as high and as long as you want. You can screw them together to keep them from moving,then unscrew them when you want to move them. You can use them like a big Lego set. I even put some old roofing material on the top pallets to make an all weather deck. It is kind of a ghetto set up,but it is cheap and it works well. Plus all of the cut off pieces of pallet makes a great bon-fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.