other forum- Mtbr.com

Thread: other forum

K&K

other forum

Don't quite know how to ask this, seems kinda rude, but is there another forum for trailbuilders that is more focused? I have gotten lots of great ideas and inspiration from the likes of Aero, karthur, roughster, tbmaddux, thank you all. Is there an another forum that y'all are active on?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails other forum-20190202_153658-2-.jpg  

WillWorkForTrail
    If there is, I'm not aware of it. Lots of times there will be little local MTB group forums for areas with a big organization or a lot of trails, but mostly those are just for communication and coordination, not for real discussion of building. What are you looking for? Honestly, I've seen some very cool build pictures posted on instagram by builders I know and follow there. If you think that might be something you're looking for, I can make some suggestions.

K&K
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    ...What are you looking for?
    Exactly what I find here with the people who are building trails. Guess I'm looking for a venue that is less tolerant. That sounds funny... Also an interface where posting photos is easier would be a relief.

Honestly, I've seen some very cool build pictures posted on instagram by builders I know and follow there. If you think that might be something you're looking for, I can make some suggestions.
    Please, suggest away. I don't do instagram, but maybe it's time to give it a try ;p

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    How's the school pump track doing? I finally got mine "finished". Check out my new equipment, haven't made any trails/jumps with it yet. Been perfecting my driveway and prepping a spot for the garage slab. Loving it, only running part throttle for break but still has plenty if power..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails other forum-img_20200116_161051-1400x1050.jpg  

WillWorkForTrail
    Instagram accounts that post trail building stuff that I follow:
    limpnshrimp
    appalachiandirt
    trailbenders
    ptrailsek
    dreamwizards
    singletracktrails

There's probably a lot more than that, that's just kinda off the top of my head. Also, hashtags are a big deal on instragram, so search for #trailbuilding and see what comes up. When I use hashtags on pictures there it seems like I get a lot of random likes out of it, and occasionally some followers that just randomly find me, because I have no idea who they are.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Also, hashtags are a big deal on instragram, so search for #trailbuilding and see what comes up. When I use hashtags on pictures there it seems like I get a lot of random likes out of it, and occasionally some followers that just randomly find me, because I have no idea who they are.
    Definitely. if you want people to find your stuff, hashtags are the way to do it. I get local pros liking my stuff all the time. You can definitely "follow" a hashtag, rather than specific people, to see what you want.

I know a couple of pro builders who technically have instagram accounts, but they rarely post much. Start out with the ones that Cotharyus mentioned, and you'll probably get recommendations for more.

mtbr member
    Same here, I don;t know of anything either. Trailbuilding is such an art and science that it doesn't translate well to forum posts without a strong tolerance to walls of text, even when using paragraphs appropriately!

I'm doing a ride every day in January challenge so haven't been digging much, but I promise it will resume, along with new posts, starting in February! My buddy and I have some pretty ambitious plans!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ki5ka View Post
    Guess I'm looking for a venue that is less tolerant.
    What does that mean?

you want more strict rules as to what can be posted here?
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

K&K
    Quote Originally Posted by karthur View Post
    How's the school pump track doing?
    I'm way behind on the build thread, I've got to get some pics up! I am organizing a community event for March 7th; races, clinics, contests, games. We're calling it the "MTB Rodeo". It's been a good excuse to add some features. The school TLB was always breaking down and a few months ago something serious happened and I don't expect it back. A local business owner donated the use of a machine this weekend.

He said I can have if for two days, or maybe until he needs it. ... we'll see if it's still here tomorrow.

I'll post more pics after I've had a beer.

K&K
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Definitely. if you want people to find your stuff, hashtags are the way to do it.
    Yeah, that's what's always stopped me, miss the bb style, but gotta change with the times. Pretty funny, hashtags are not exactly cutting edge are they... lol

K&K
    THERE! I did it! Got rid of that double pic post. Why the @#$% is that happening all the time lately?

K&K

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    As to actual trail building? Have you checked out the 2 books put out by imba? Nice stuff, very helpful.

K&K
    Yes I have both, and material from USFS, DOT, an Mark Flints ...

K&K
    Quote Originally Posted by karthur View Post
    How's the school pump track doing?
    Got this done this weekend... https://youtu.be/DqW7krW1A_Y

mtbr member
    Looks awesome!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8