Need some coaching!- Mtbr.com
    XXIX

Need some coaching!

Im going to propose a trail system in the town I live in on county owned land. I want to pitch it as mixed use running/mountain biking but I want to get this right. Any one have a good sales pitch to catch the interest of the city parks and rec. board of directors. I know the parks and rec department is broke and is looking for funding to help pay the utilities for the youth gym and thrift store. I could propose a iron marshal at a 2$ usage fee that could be used for that. It will be all volunteer labor. Its a 400 acre plot in the middle of town with very little elevation change but my plan is to make a 5 mile pump track type flow trail and its all hero dirt and very easy access.
    14' Vassago VerHauen
    [URL="https://m.facebook.com/pages/Spruce-Creek-Mtb-Trail/572082766223954"]

mtbr member
    I would check in with IMBA and see what they can do to help out.
    From what I do know is that as long as the project doesn't cost the city/county a penny, and it can generate income for the city/county most likely they boards will approve.
    You do have to check about the legal issues such as a waiver or release signed by riders, mandatory helmet use etc. Throw in the kids angle also, as in keeping them of the streets and healthier by exercising..
    Good luck with your project!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT and a Norco Threshold SL with Di2

I need skills
    Jul 2004

google the

google the city, park, town for planned uses, goals, and such. Find out if there is a plan or preference and try to fit your plan into existing goals.

for example, a city may have as part of its plan a goal to increase silent sports, increase use of the parks, promote healthy lifestyles, or be trying to lure businesses or high income earners to the city.

Finding out this info will help with your presentation. A visit to the powers-that-be prior to the board meeting would probably yield this information. Ask ahead of time, search ahead of time, and then show up prepared.

good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0