More good stuff from San Diego county- Mtbr.com
    ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007

More good stuff from San Diego county

Another incredible weekend in San Diego county with the SDMBA at Crestridge Reserve. This was a continuation of washed out re-routes and creating sustainable trails. This was a "heavy" day. Lots of boulders to move. The end result will be filmed later, when fully open, this was a challenging section with switchbacks, rock rollers and rock gardens that open up into some speedy singletrack.
    This place is a gem and the success is largely due to the area liaison, his interactions with the rangers, the support of the SDMBA and the support of the sponsors, Seki Cycles, Ellsworth Bikes and Ballast Point Brewing Company, all of whom have adopted the trail work at Crestridge as their own. All trails were built with multi use in mind and additional volunteers are always welcome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/geyQv0HB0Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For upcoming trail work days:
    San Diego Mountain Biking Association &bull; View forum - Calendar

trail rat
    Great work, especially moving those rocks! SDMBA is really getting some great trails and support.

Just saw the Balance Point brews for the first time here in San Luis Obispo, nothing about them really grabbed my attention. Now that I see they support trail work and advocacy, I will definitely try some.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Ride Utah
    Jan 2012
    Nice Work, wish we had that kind of support here in Utah.

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    Great work, especially moving those rocks! SDMBA is really getting some great trails and support.

Just saw the Balance Point brews for the first time here in San Luis Obispo, nothing about them really grabbed my attention. Now that I see they support trail work and advocacy, I will definitely try some.
    Thanks! I am just trying to join in and help out.

Pretty amazing though. Areas that have land managers that are willing to work together are getting excellent support and work crews. The crews have been showing in decent numbers, the sponsors are getting great exposure, the local businesses (all the way down to the donut shops/coffee shops on the way) are making a few extra bucks here and there, with more people showing up.

To me, it is a win/win situation.

And yes, The Ballast Point folks came aboard. They've always been a favourite of mine, now contributions to the mountain bike association make them even better.

Members who have read this thread: 1