Insurance- Mtbr.com

Thread: Insurance

mtbr member

Insurance

I'm trying to put together a grant proposal to fund the rental of a DW 650. The delivery and pickup will be done by the rental agency, I'm assuming their insurance will cover any potential damage during transportation.

Is there any kind of coverage I can get for damage to the machine while I'm using it? If so, what do I ask for? Any preferred providers?

Walt

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Walt,

Who are you renting from? Any reputable rental agency should have a rental policy available to cover damage done while using it.

How long will you have it? I assume it's for Blue Mounds. ??

D

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    Walt,

Who are you renting from? Any reputable rental agency should have a rental policy available to cover damage done while using it.

How long will you have it? I assume it's for Blue Mounds. ??

D
    Hi Dewayne,

I'm shooting for a 2-week rental from Ditch Witch Midwest. Last time I did this they didn't offer insurance. Or at least that was my understanding at the time.

I'm trying to speed things up a bit at Blue Mound. You can see the details on the CORP forum if you're interested, but the quick summary is there are several re-work projects I'd like to tackle while maintaining progress on the Pokerville loop.

If you have time/interest shoot me a PM with a proposal for training on the SK 650. If possible I'd like to budget for it as part of my grant proposal. I don't know many details yet, but I understand you worked with the folks at LaCrosse. I've worked out a lot on my own, but I'm going to be working in more difficult terrain this time around.

Walt

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Dizzy
    Hi Dewayne,

I'm shooting for a 2-week rental from Ditch Witch Midwest. Last time I did this they didn't offer insurance. Or at least that was my understanding at the time.

If you have time/interest shoot me a PM with a proposal for training on the SK 650. If possible I'd like to budget for it as part of my grant proposal. I don't know many details yet, but I understand you worked with the folks at LaCrosse. I've worked out a lot on my own, but I'm going to be working in more difficult terrain this time around.

Walt
    Walt, the staff at the rental desk @ DW Midwest know me, by the way. Don't know if this will help you get a better rate or not. If they don't offer insurance, maybe the club's insurance carrier can attach a rider for rental property. ???

D

Happy, in the woods.
    Nov 2008
    The place we rent from charges a flat 10% damage fee for all rentals. This covers pretty much anything that could happen to a machine, from operator error, wrong fuel type, vandalism, having it crushed under a fallen tree, etc.

Are there other places to rent from that offer insurance? Lots of places around here rent DW equipment.
    Abba Zaba, you my only friend....

mtbr member
    Update:

Ditch Witch Midwest doesn't offer damage coverage. Looking into alternatives.

Walt

Members who have read this thread: 0