IMBA on vacation?- Mtbr.com
    ~~~~~~~~

IMBA on vacation?

trying to get our club going here, signed up online over a month ago and have been waiting for a packet to arrive I guess. No replies to emails, calls to IMBA haven't helped.

I'd like to know if we need to be a non-profit corp. only for the State, or both State and Fed?

Jul 2006

I called you today... After your message.

Airwreck,

I called the phone # that you left for me and I did not get through. I'll be in the office today so call again and I'll help you out.

James

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    trying to get our club going here, signed up online over a month ago and have been waiting for a packet to arrive I guess. No replies to emails, calls to IMBA haven't helped.

I'd like to know if we need to be a non-profit corp. only for the State, or both State and Fed?
    (just went through 501 etc)

State and federal requirements are seperate. Maybe a tax or lawyer type person can advise you for your state.

For the IRS, you have to have bylaws that indicate a certain kind of structure. Then you just fill out a crap load of paperwork, send them a copy of the bylaws, $150 and wait forever.

Don't worry, be happy!
    also, IMBA is really slow in updating contact information.

~~~~~~~~
    Thanks James (welcome to MTBR!) and Ms. Smarty Pants ,

No worries, I've got people asking me whats up, and it seems the whole world is on vacation right now, kind of like my real job .

Formica, we are fortunate to have a attorney/rider involved already who specializes in land law, non-profits, etc. and is donating his time. He just finished one and wants to do ours while it's still fresh in his head, he also indicated the Fed price went up to $300. I want to find out if we can get by with State incorping only.

We are really lucky to have this person involved and that's why I need to get things moving before we miss the chance. Soon I will be able to share more about the experience.

going riding now .
    Eric

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    he also indicated the Fed price went up to $300.

Hmm, you might double check that.
    We just did our app a few months ago. There are several tiers of pricing depending on either the size or annual budget of the organization.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes
    Hi James,

I'm also having problems. I've emailed I believe Mark Ellis my info for Mere Mortals, and it's still not listed under the California clubs.

Can you PLEASE get someone to list it? It's been several months now.

Thanks!
    IMBA has switched to a new DB provider but hasn't yet set up the process to have contact info auto-updated. Right now it's still a manual process that only occers quarterly. If you email [email protected] I'll get it posted in the interim.

Members who have read this thread: 0