I helped build an A-Line-ype trail- Mtbr.com
    Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004

I helped build an A-Line-ype trail

Here's the write up. Sorry about making you go to another site to see it, but it's more laborious to post the whole thread here than I have time for right now.

The trail is 500 meters long and consists of tabletop jumps, boardwalks and skinnies, hip jumps, rollers, step-up jumps, wall rides, and a rock drop.

Dewayne

~~~~~~~~
    that is beautiful! thanks for sharing.
    so you are in Texas and you went to BC to help build trail?

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    that is beautiful! thanks for sharing.
    so you are in Texas and you went to BC to help build trail?
    Yes. I've worked with the guy who ran the project.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I'm curious about the closer to the ground ladders etc. What is the thinking there - easier/less intimidating, or you did it that way just for fun?

thx.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Awesome! So, you looking for work? I am serious.

May have something along these lines in the pipeline for 2007. Most likely fall of 2007.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    to steal a page from scabrider.....sick...

seriously that trail is awesome, looks like a lot of fun!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    I'm curious about the closer to the ground ladders etc. What is the thinking there - easier/less intimidating, or you did it that way just for fun?

thx.
    The main reason for the boardwalk is to get the riders to the 2nd start platform quickly and interestingly b/c we had to actually GAIN some elevation to get there. The skinnier one provides a high skill/low risk option for those who don't feel like blowing through it.

Quote Originally Posted by seenvic
    Awesome! So, you looking for work? I am serious.
    I'm always looking for the next project. You can email me specifics at dewayne @ talontrails.com (without the spaces, of course.)

D

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Nice work, Dee-Wayne!!!
    Proud of ya'.

Hey, I still have your IMBA shirt held hostage...I even brought it down to Austin, and then brought it back. Let me know what you are up to next summer, I may be looking for a project as well...Targhee is an 'odd bird' project as it stands...
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Nice work, Dee-Wayne!!!
    Proud of ya'.

Hey, I still have your IMBA shirt held hostage...I even brought it down to Austin, and then brought it back. Let me know what you are up to next summer, I may be looking for a project as well...Targhee is an 'odd bird' project as it stands...
    Hey Wendell,

Thanks. There are many doubters of me and my (IMBA's) methods here in Austin, so I appreciate the praise.

I may be working in Tamarack for 2-4 months starting next May. It's u in the air right now. I'll let you know when I find out.

D

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Well, here is my take on the Austin thing. As you know, much of the choicest 'inner circle' riding is either illegal, or 'by invitation only' type stuff. Basically, better served by that particular user group to be skinny, discrete, and hard to find. Once trails get legitamized, the priorities shift from 'don't let anyone else know' to 'oh good golly, this trail is getting beat up!'. That is when the bigger scale projects make more sense, simply due to sustainability. I can see both points of view, the same stuff exists up here. I have come to the realization that both methods work for different periods in a trails history. Or something like that. Hope you roll through here next summer, I can show you a few hundred miles of each approach!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

Members who have read this thread: 0