Great trail tool- Mtbr.com

Jun 2004

... and if we just ... Great trail tool

In addition to using a Pulaski and McLeod for construction of a full bench cut, I have found a superb tool for cutting the back slope. It is called a Rogue Hoe. The Ben Meadows company has them on their website. It is by far the easiest tool to use for correctly shaping the back slope of your new singletrack. I think this tool was mentioned on this forum a year or so ago, and the original poster was correct...it is a great tool. Does a good job of tamping and cutting thru some small roots also. Add it to your tool kit.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Yep, the rogue hoe is a great addition to ones tool cache. I got a chance to use one last fall for the for first time and liked its versatility. The longer handle v. the pulaski and the sharper blade v. the Mcleod make it a great tool.

D

Woodlot local

Who turned out the lights
    I don't know what Ben Meadows charges for them, but they're likely cheaper directly from the manufacturer. I haven't had a chance to use one yet, but several guys here in KC absolutely swear by them. We just bought about 25 of them.

They come in both long (straight) handled and shorter (curved) handled options.

Members who have read this thread: 0