Example of landowner permission form- Mtbr.com
    featherweight clydesdale

Example of landowner permission form

Anyone have an example of a permission form for a landowner to sign allowing a multi-use trail across his/her property?? I need to make one and figure it would be easier if I had an example of one that already works.

fattirewilly at yahoo dot com if you need to email it.

Thanks!!!

Don't worry, be happy!
    Wouldn't a permission form look like a recreational easement document? Or is that something different? I would think you'd want to get a friendly biking lawyer to donate what you need.

mtbr member
    I don't know what state you're in but you should be able to find something here:

http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-b...C-B-B-easement

featherweight clydesdale
    Googled "landowner permission form" and got a nice one pager put together by an IMBA club in Vermont. It contained a legaleze paragraph reference Vermont recreational use code. I swapped in a paragraph of the Virginia recreational use code. I'll see how it goes.

http://www.vmba.org/vmbapermission.htm

I have a couple of easement docs, but its five pages of legal crap that if read at a glance would make me feel like I'm giving away the farm. I don't want to read it and I don't think shoving a similar doc in front of someone who has verbally already agreed to give permission will help. Thoughts? I've never done this before...

Don't worry, be happy!
    I don't want to read it and I don't think shoving a similar doc in front of someone who has verbally already agreed to give permission will help. Thoughts? I've never done this before...
    As much as I'm with you in that a handshake and a paragraph ought to do it, in these days ( at least in the states) you almost have to cya with a review by someone understands legalese and the bigger issues involved. All it takes is one incident that goes sideways to find all the legal things that should have been dealt with.

~Formica

stoneblender
    Sep 2003
    Glad we could be of help. That is the reason why we posted the Landowner Permission form, so others wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

We also should have our newly signed agreement with the State of Vermont posted at some point, as a template for other states.

Lots of info on how to start a bike club or Chapter and other good stuff, feel free to borrow our work.

As for easements, they tend to take a lot of time to pursue and cultivate. Expect that it will take years of positive interactions with a landowner to even get to a point where you can ask for one.

Ride on!

John
    www.vmba.org

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Glad we could be of help. That is the reason why we posted the Landowner Permission form, so others wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

www.vmba.org
    Got the form signed! One down, one to go.

I could tell the landowner slowed up over the legal part. I informed him that the info was in the doc to show that "we" know about the law as well as he does. He thought it to be a good idea and made himself a copy for his files.

stoneblender
    Sep 2003
    That's great! Nice work. Keep the momentum going.

I'm going to go ride my bike today to celebrate!

John

Members who have read this thread: 0