E in Tahoe?- Mtbr.com

Thread: E in Tahoe?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

E in Tahoe?

Heading to Tahoe in a couple of weeks and debating between analog and electric for my steed.
    Anyone have any experience or recommendations on riding E in Tahoe? Any restrictions to be aware of? Probably be mostly in the Truckee area but finish out on Toads

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwdbkr View Post
    Heading to Tahoe in a couple of weeks and debating between analog and electric for my steed.
    Anyone have any experience or recommendations on riding E in Tahoe? Any restrictions to be aware of? Probably be mostly in the Truckee area but finish out on Toads
    That should cover it.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/t...d=fseprd641773

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Trailforks is the easiest way to see what you can ride. The Tahoe Rim Trail is off limits to ebikes, as is Toads and Armstrong Connector. Corral and incense Cedar are open though. Also the relatively new Stinger trail is apparently a popular choice for ebikers.

Bipolar roller
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbiker74 View Post
    Trailforks is the easiest way to see what you can ride. The Tahoe Rim Trail is off limits to ebikes, as is Toads and Armstrong Connector. Corral and incense Cedar are open though. Also the relatively new Stinger trail is apparently a popular choice for ebikers.
    Portion of rim trail within Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park allows ebikes as Nevada state parks allow ebikes, both Class 1 and class 2 with throttle.

Flume trail would be one to hit up for sure as the views are awesome and do some exploring in the spooner back country. If your staying in truckee then you can drive over to incline village and park at the head of the brand new paved bike path that goes from incline village to Sand Harbor. Ride the bike path to tunnel creek rd and take that up to flume trail, trt, Marlette Lake and other trails (Map below and link). Bring a swim suit and a inflatable floaty so you can jump in and relax at Sand Habar after your ride.

Flume Trail with Sand Harbor about 1,600’ below:
    (pic stolen from internet)

Attachment 1261641

E in Tahoe?-89de0602-efff-4d83-806b-9d01e4ff4da4.jpg

http://parks.nv.gov/forms/Spooner_backcountry_map.pdf
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Looks like some clarification as to where Class 1 Pedelec's will be allowed to ride on "non-motorized" trails, but Class 2 and 3 still illegal.

https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-news/class-1-emtbs-access-more-trails-after-tahoe-natl-forest-clarifies-rules/

This doesn’t mean that class 1 eMTBs are free to roam anywhere around Tahoe, however. There are a few other land management districts in the area that still do not allow class 1 eMTBs on non-motorized trails. The Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit (LTBMU) which surrounds the perimeter of the lake holds the stance that eMTBs “are motorized vehicles. Use of motor-assisted bicycles is only allowed on motorized trails.”

Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    As far as Toads in concerned: Not a local, but I've heard there have been lots of ebikes lately in the Armstrong-Toads area. I can't imagine anybody's checking or really cares.

I'll be riding next week from Luther Pass-Armstrong, but it might be my last time doing it on an acoustic bike.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs