Does this forum need a new name?- Mtbr.com
    Don't worry, be happy!

Does this forum need a new name?

my personal opinion is that this forum should be more appropriately named something like

Trail Work, Clubs and Advocacy

Save The Trails to me is not broad enough. I think a name change might encourage more conversation about trail work in general, club projects, idea exchange and other trail advocacy issues. What do you guys think? Is it just me that would like to see more of this kind of talk here? I think the forum name the way it is, encourages more of "help they are going to close my trail" kind of stuff, and not as much general idea exchange.

Formica

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    my personal opinion is that this forum should be more appropriately named something like

Trail Work, Clubs and Advocacy

Save The Trails to me is not broad enough. I think a name change might encourage more conversation about trail work in general, club projects, idea exchange and other trail advocacy issues. What do you guys think? Is it just me that would like to see more of this kind of talk here? I think the forum name the way it is, encourages more of "help they are going to close my trail" kind of stuff, and not as much general idea exchange.

Formica
    How about new trails or more trails forum?

I agree, it needs to be more positive. More people are worried about their favorite brand of micro brews than trail access. We should have drinking and trail making parties. Get the land managers drunk so they can have some fun too!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    I disagree. I don't think a name change will increase traffic in this forum.

The level of participation reflects the level of volunteerism anywhere I have worked on trail and lead workdays: <5% of those who ride the trail. It's sad but true. Most people want to ride, not work on trail.

Unfortunately, mountain biking is one of the very few sports which has to build it's own facilities. You don't see softball teams getting together to build a field or tennis players building a tennis court. And I don't think I want the government building my singletrack anyway. It's just a different situation we're in.

user-created
    Since there's already a bazillion forums on this site, how 'bought one for advocacy and one for trail bulding? It's more complicated, so therefore it's better.

Ride Responsibly

The Everything Trail

or the "some care, most don't give a flying phuck" thread.
    my threads to help bicycle access do not even get viewed unless I title them "Hot Sex" or some such thing

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by LWright
    my threads to help bicycle access do not even get viewed unless I title them "Hot Sex" or some such thing
    Can you link to the "Hot Sex" thread?

Seriously, if this stuff was in "general discussion" it'd get more attention. There are too many forums here for people to sort through.

occasionally good
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Seriously, if this stuff was in "general discussion" it'd get more attention. There are too many forums here for people to sort through.
    Depends on what you want to see. If you want to see discussion by people who are actually involved in trail issues, keep it here. If you want to raise the profile of trails issues and potentially get more people involved, then it belongs in general.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961
    Depends on what you want to see. If you want to see discussion by people who are actually involved in trail issues, keep it here. If you want to raise the profile of trails issues and potentially get more people involved, then it belongs in general.
    Then start cross posting to the general forum so it gets posted on both forums.

Wandervans

I like "save the trails"

this forum does not see a lot of use, but it tends to fit in exactly with the number of riders who actually do trailwork. Local trailwork I think is best posted on local forums anyways.

I tend to frequent my local forum and then this one ocassionally.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Members who have read this thread: 0