Clinometer - need help because my eyes suck- Mtbr.com
    Justin Vander Pol

Clinometer - need help because my eyes suck

I am hoping someone knows of a clinometer that uses a direct sight instead of a diopter. I've got this weird issue where my eyes natually line up a few percent off if they focus separately. I never knew I had this problem until I tried zeroing out a clino a few years ago.

(I guess this explains why I see double so quick when I'm buzzed and tired, but that's another story)

The big 3 in clino's all use a diopter (Brunton, Suunto and Haglof). A laser sight or direct sight digital would be sweet! I've searched but never found something like this... yet.

My current method w/my Brunton Clino Master is to always hold the clino to my right eye and add 3%, but I don't trust my eyes any more.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Juice,

I lost the vision in my right (dominant) eye less than three years ago and had to adapt my monocular vision to reading a clino. What I ended up doing was super-imposing the static line by mentally extending it outside of the clino. Does that make sense? It works well enough to not have someone else double check me.

Dewayne

Justin Vander Pol
    Thanks Dewayne

I just gave it a try and it does work just shooting a tree in my back yard. I had to close my other eye and focus pretty hard to get the numbers to come into focus, but it works! I even got the same reading with both eyes which is where I was getting errors in the past.

Thanks!
    Justin

Members who have read this thread: 0