mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Tools On Your Bike

Coming from a Specialized Camber with the wwat box/tool combo, I never realized how good I had it until I recently dropped the Camber and picked up a Santa Cruz Hightower. Now I've been looking at ways to get the tools off my back and into my bike. So far I've investigated the One-Up EDC tool, All In Multitool, and Topeak Ninja. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I understand that they are all gonna put me in the $100-$150 price range. Thanks MTBR

mtbr member
    Personally, l have no desire to add weight to to the front of my bike. What's wrong with a small under saddle bag? I'm running the Lezyne Micro Caddy on my SS. It's dropper friendly and holds everything except tube and phone.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That sounds great! I overlooked the saddle bag because I've had such bad luck with saddle bag brackets breaking in the past. Seems like the plastic clamps never help up more than a few hard rides. I own several of Lezynes products and I know they are well designed, I'll have to give the Micro Caddy a look.

mtbr member
    Been using a Lezyne L-Caddy for years now and it's looking a little rough but still 100% functional. Great product. I've also started using and loving a toptube bag. The one I have now is from Rogue Panda. I got it for my road/gravel bike to carry food and stuff but I also swap it onto my mtb to carry my phone and Garmin in addition to the saddle bag that has a tube and tools. I like the setup much better than wearing a pack.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying4Pandas View Post
    That sounds great! I overlooked the saddle bag because I've had such bad luck with saddle bag brackets breaking in the past. Seems like the plastic clamps never help up more than a few hard rides. I own several of Lezynes products and I know they are well designed, I'll have to give the Micro Caddy a look.
    I attach my seat bag to the seat rails. I didn't know saddles still have those slotted brackets.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I would run a saddle bag, did before, but current bike with saddle dropped bag will buzz rear tire on compression.

mtbr member
    The Micro Caddy is tiny. I still have room for a 29x3" tube strapped under it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I faced this exact issue after building up a new hardtail and coming from my SWAT bike...

in the end I'm going with the 100cc EDC/pump tool and an Awesome Strap under the seat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I don't care about EDC tools though, but I want those Floor Pump and 3-Way Hex Wrench to be set on my bike while having a trip around Dallas Cedar Park. Other than that, EDC is a helpful tool too.
    Business link removed by mod