repair stand?- Mtbr.com

Thread: repair stand?

Jun 2006

repair stand?

i need a nice and sturdy repaior stand. i was thinking something park tools, maybe thge pcs 10? any recommendations around the 150 rage is great. thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ultimate Stand

Here's what I ended up with. I purchased mine brand new from pricepoint on sale for $150. Color RED. This thing is really strong, and supports my MTB bike as well as my road bikes. Makes working on the bike a pleasure.

I found one on ebay doing a quick search. There are many good stands out there, my experience with this one has been fantastic, and I have been using it for just over 1 year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Bicycle...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck with your decision.

Merry Christmas.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    I just got the Sette st-7 DLX stand combo from Pricepoint.com

http://pricepoint.com/detail/15614-3...d-Tote-Bag.htm

Pretty buff and strong stand. I'm looking forward to easier repairs using it.
    ~ it's all good ~

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    I just picked up the Ultimate Pro-Elite yesterday from Performance -using their early bird special for ~ 179.99. Tried it out lastnight and definitely lived up to it's reputation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ultimate Products

They live up to their reputation, and I believe "you get what you pay for."

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    I originally had their pro-compact version for about 5 months, for some odd reason, the clamping mechanism failed - REI replaced it. Last month I was building up my sworks enduro and noticed that it just wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be, especially when I was working on the crankset and bb.

So I made the decision to upgrade. In the end, for me anyways, it ended up being only $40 more than the pro-compact. After spending a few "g's" on a new bike, it was a drop in the bucket and well worth the investment to have a stable working platform. Lord knows we all probably spend more than that at any one visit to the LBS.

Members who have read this thread: 0