pole mounted bike work stand?????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

pole mounted bike work stand?????

i have seen the pro elite tripod stand and was wondering if anyone sells a clamp for a tripod pole much like this one Pro-Elite Work Stand | Professional Portable Bike Repair Stand i have the tripod i just need the clamp that attaches to it... that company doesnt sell the clamp by itself.. thank you

Plays with tools
    Have you called them to see if they would sell you a clamp only?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have not called i was going by what they have in parts, and accessories...

mtbr member
    Does the tripod you have have the same diameter pole as the Pro-Elite work stand? I am a little confused on how you worded it whether you have the Pro-Elite tripod, or you have a tripod and want to custom fit the Pro-Elite clamp onto it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The tripod i have has a few diameters If it doesnt fit i can adapt it easily, i just dont want to shell out the money for the tripod ifi have 2 already ya know...

mtbr member
    Have you thought about using a Park wall mount clamp and bolting it up to your tripod with u-bolts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yea might have to do that

mtbr member
    Let us know how it works or what you decide to do!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    yea i will, i kind of want a wallmount for the basement and a tripod for outside/cleaning

mtbr member
    There are all sorts of DIY projects out there too, if you want to save some dough. Have you seen my DIY repair clamp for my stand? If you're going to spend over $100 on a clamp and have to custom fit it onto your tripod, you might as well make one for $25 or less and still have to custom fit it

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i have not seen your stand can you link me.. .

mtbr member
    http://forums.mtbr.com/tooltime/what...nd-724327.html Toward the end of the thread is the finished product

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya.. been thinking about mod-ing my cheapo stand with a better or custom clamp. the only thing I don't like about using the bar clamps is there is a lot of stuff on the "work" side of the stand and i can see myself working on the cranks/chain.. what ever down low and standing up and getting a noogie from the clamp..

Always thought about trying some mod on the stupid squeeze clamps I have a hundred of lying around, just not sure how to mount on the stand..

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Do like your custom jaws you have in that thread there Sasquatch.. themz be nice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    DOUBLE SUPER CLAMP!?!?!?!?! That's like double of the amount of super that's in a regular super clamp!

mtbr member
    @thomllama - I see your concern with hitting your head, but I'd say once you get used to working with it it won't be an issue. I've worked on some bulkier clamps and never really had a problem, I hit my shoulder once pretty good but that was just me not paying attention I work in a shop and am always using some form of a clamp (we've got 4 different style clamps depending on which bench I'm at, and I've got 2 other style clamps at home) and after 4 years only hitting my shoulder once isn't too bad it becomes second nature to move around them, even the least bulky. The clamps don't stick out too far, less than how far the pedal sticks out...but what you really gotta watch out for are those handlebars! many a time have I smacked my head on those standing up, especially cheap bikes where, no matter how much you angle the front end of the bike down in the stand, the bars always seem to turn to the side instead of staying straight

hope you guys enjoyed my story (I can just see someone saying "cool story bro")

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    .........t...but what you really gotta watch out for are those handlebars! many a time have I smacked my head on those standing up, ...............
    yup me too... reason the concern for the clamp sticking out

Members who have read this thread: 0