mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Park Tool Truing TS-TA Truing Stand Adapter

How well does the TS-TA adapter work in a Park TS2 type stand. Do hubs center easily in or do you have to mess to get the wheel straight . Does it work better or worse than plug in type adapters like the Mtb Tools ones.

I currently have 20mm, 15 mm and 12mm hubs, so buying individual adapter for each would be more expensive than the TS-TA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have the both. IMHO The individual adapters work better, are more consistent and easier to use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    My personal choice is the TS-2TA's. They allow for much quicker install and removal. They do require a heavier hand on the upright adjustment knob to securely hold the wheels. The TS-TA is handy as well just not as quick when it comes to truing, cleaning and other adjustments.

mtbr member
    Mechs at the LBS simply rest the existing (or a spare) through axle in the V notches of the stand. That's worked for me.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    You might want to check out the truing stand adaptor that Abbey Tools makes:

https://www.abbeybiketools.com/produ...stand-adaptors

mtbr member

Park Tool Truing TS-TA Truing Stand Adapter

I like the individual adapters myself, these particularly. The whole set will set you back $28 shipped and they are superior to the Park IMHO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by parktool View Post
    My personal choice is the TS-2TA's. They allow for much quicker install and removal. They do require a heavier hand on the upright adjustment knob to securely hold the wheels. The TS-TA is handy as well just not as quick when it comes to truing, cleaning and other adjustments.
    TS-2TA is what I use on my TS-2 stand. I've never had any issues with my TA hubs, though it's a bit of a squeeze to get my 142x12 rear hub in. I suspect if I had a TS-2.2 it wouldn't be an issue at all.

DOOM
    FWIW I have the TS-2TA and the mtnbiker4life sets from Ebay and hands down the mtnbiker4life is a better piece of gear.

The TS-2TA seem like a good idea but they don't sit flush on my truing stand against the arms and as a result the hubs are always off which drives me krazy (that's right).

I have a set of TS-2TA I will send you for free if you want to try them - I'm done with them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    What do you mean your TS-2TA does not sit flush against the stand? Pictures?

DOOM
    The mating of the slot in the TS-TA adapter is persnickety with respect to sitting well in the V-channels on the arms.

The highlighted part here:

Name:  IMG_20190210_153939974.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  38.7 KB

Doesn't always like to stay put in the V here:

Name:  IMG_20190212_203650440.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  49.3 KB

This is with respect to the adapter being just right - back it out to X and then position it to Y and it is fine as far as being flush and straight in a vertical plane.

If you aren't paying attention or are in a hurry it won't be just right and in my experience it isn't always straight and is more hassle than the benefits.

The smaller head style on the adapter shown in the second/lower picture above is simpler to keep in place when I'm futzing around with a wheel - say working on dishing the wheel and taking it in and out of the stand a whole bunch.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Huh, We have not had this complaint before. Most find that the TS-2TA's are faster and simpler to use than the style that you plug int the axle.