Park BBT-9 Star fitting/preload adjuster XT 760 Fix- Mtbr.com
    jrm
    mtbr member

Park BBT-9 Star fitting/preload adjuster XT 760 Fix

I bought a BBT-9 and it works fine exceptt for the star fitting that adjusts the preload of the non driveside crankarm of my XT 760 cranks. When i tried to loosen the preload adjuster to remove the crankarm the screw just backed out fo the star fitting.

I finally go the crank arm off. I had to remove the star fitting assembly from the BBT-9 and tighten bolt and nut through it in order to make it work. Is there a revised version of this star fitting available from Park? because the design of the onle on my BBT-9 is junk. Thanks

Who are the brain police?
    Try your LBS, and see if they have the separate plastic piece for tightening/loosening the preload.

I got my saint crank before the bbt9 was available, but the two tools for installing the crank were the same ones that are used on the xtr..
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

jrm
    mtbr member

So you got the shimano BB & preload tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Try your LBS, and see if they have the separate plastic piece for tightening/loosening the preload.

I got my saint crank before the bbt9 was available, but the two tools for installing the crank were the same ones that are used on the xtr..
    that was in the packaging of your crankset? i was wondering about those. Do you have the shimano part number for the preload adjuster? meanwhile i think im going to call park and see what they have to say..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We have update the BBT-9. Write us at info@parktool.com for the updated part.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Jones-Park Tool
    We have update the BBT-9. Write us at info@parktool.com for the updated part.
    Thanks Calvin. I have the BBT-9 and emailed for the part. Received it in the mail within a couple of days.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0