OneUp EDC- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OneUp EDC

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

OneUp EDC

I installed my EDC from OneUp last night. It's pretty awesome! I also drilled a small hole above the CO2 cartridge area and tapped it to hold a Dynaplug insertion tip. In the bottom storage area, I have a Park TB-2 emergency boot and 2 zip ties.

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/prod...dc-tool-system

Last edited by RancidSLP; 07-06-2017 at 06:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Pretty sweet! I wouldnt mind the pump version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member

OneUp EDC

does the tool itself rust?

what is the pointed nail like thing at the end?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

Keyboard Warrior SuperModerator
    Apr 2016
    One Up recently sent MTBR an EDC tool for testing. I have the tap, but didn't want to put threads in a review bike....so I'm running the pump version. So far, I couldn't be happier.

Here's some photos.

OneUp EDC-one-up-edc-tool-100cc-pump-2.jpg

OneUp EDC-one-up-edc-tool-100cc-pump-3.jpg

OneUp EDC-one-up-edc-tool-100cc-pump-6.jpg

You can check out a full review (plus dorky video) here on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post

Dynaplug tire plug.

mtbr member
    the only gripe here is that if you don't have the 1up pump, you'll have to carry a separate co2 dispenser as it does go in the steerer tube.
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

Keyboard Warrior SuperModerator
    Apr 2016
    I've heard that complaint from a number of people and I find it surprising. A C02 is pretty small. It takes up no room. Why not just duct tape one under your saddle?

Considering how handy this tool it, I think writing it off because it lacks a C02 head is a mistake.

mtbr member
    please don't get me wrong - it's a great kit from 1up. the lack of the co2 cartridge is trivial and can easily be worked around, but having the option for it be included in the steerer would be great.
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have a tube, CO2, and CO2 head on my seat with a Backcountry Research strap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I received mine today, the large oumo version. I'm quite impressed with it, a lot of thought went into the design to package it all in there. I have an extra quick link, small length of chain, chainring bolt, spare valve, 2 x park glueless tube patch and 1 x park tyre boot in the storage area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    This tool is absolutey ingenious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLBuEfnDjFg

mtbr member
    OP can you re-post your photos with the Dynaplug tap?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Debating between this and the All In multitool. The thing thats got me concerned with this is that a nasty drop may send it lose from my steertube, and the problem with the All in multi is the lack of a chain breaker.

DECISIONS...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw55 View Post
    OP can you re-post your photos with the Dynaplug tap?
    Here's a direct link: https://i.imgur.com/Q3yMdBO.jpg?1

Hopefully that works, not sure why the embed isn't working.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Done a couple rides with mine and as an exercise worked on my bike with it. I got the 70cc pump version, 100cc out of stock. Was a little concerned with having the tool pop out of pump or pump come out of bottle cage clip. So far no problem, survived a good crash too. The retaining rings and clips are pretty tight. The tool itself is nicely designed and constructed. The allen keys are quite tight tolerance, if the fastner is rusted it has a hard time going in. The 2.5mm is pretty useless though, the 2 & 2.5mm is combined doing a Devo hat thing. I don't think any fastener with 2.5mm hole is deep enough for the tool to work. Doesn't on my grip clamps. The tire lever actually worked. If you have a really tight bead then it might be difficult, but I had no problems with my tire. Didn't try the 8mm but verified that it does fit. It'd be pretty difficult to get amount of torque required for that size, but it might work for emergency. Didn't try the chain breaker or quick link breaker yet. Did improvise jamming a bunch of the tools in to undo SHimano crank preload cap. I wish one of the spoke wrenches fit presta core, but just a little too small, I might take a file to mine as I don't foresee using the largest spoke wrench size for spoke.
    The pump is likewise nicely designed and made. It trips people out how small it is, where the tool just fits in it, but still functions as a pump with the tool still in it. Not going to get a tire up to road pressure, I tried pumping up tire I had reduced pressure for trail and it was quite difficult. I'm sure taking a flat or soft tire to rideable trail pressure would be ok. The pump and tool storage are nicely sealed with O-rings and plugs. I'm sure will keep most trail crud out. If you immerse I'm not sure though. As extra insurance against crud and for tool retension, I put inner tube condoms on it. Yes, it covers up its nice machined and anodized aluminum bits with ugliness, but for a $100 piece of kit just clipped onto bike that might not be a bad thing.
    I'm probably going to mod clip a little so I can put a removable zip tie through it for insurance too, I don't trust the thin rubber "strap" thing to do any retaining in any condition that would make it try and come out of clip.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

I imagine all the hardened stuff will eventually rust since they're steel. The bits though look like they are a bead blast finish with plating so should resist rust for a while.

mtbr member
    r u sure the 2 and 2.5 is combined? saw some review mentioning they have 2, 2.5, 4 and 6. on the other side 3 and 5 (8 with link tool)

mtbr member
    No nasty drop will send this thing flying. It fits so tight on mine it's a struggle to pull it free with my fingers alone when seated tight.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    Here's a direct link: https://i.imgur.com/Q3yMdBO.jpg?1

Hopefully that works, not sure why the embed isn't working.
    That is F#%king awesome. How did you attach it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yes the 2 and 2.5 are combined, it does a step thing, but the 2mm top part is about 3mm long. Im debating trying filing down the 2mm to where can just barely use the2.5, but i dont know how well that would work.

mtbr member
    here's the video I saw the guy showing the different size keys, that's what got me puzzled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_C...t=494s?t=7m20s

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well nuts, i stand corrected! I wasnt paying attention, there is a seperate 2.5mm. I guess they did the Devo hat thing to fit the 2mm in the space needed. So in fact, this tool has no flaws, lol!
    So my only suggestion is to make the largest spoke wrench loose tolerance so you can use as presta core remover. They made the tolerances so tight you cant. Although seperate core tool is so light its not much to carry. Also there does exist valve caps with built in removers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Well nuts, i stand corrected! I wasnt paying attention, there is a seperate 2.5mm. I guess they did the Devo hat thing to fit the 2mm in the space needed. So in fact, this tool has no flaws, lol!
    So my only suggestion is to make the largest spoke wrench loose tolerance so you can use as presta core remover. They made the tolerances so tight you cant. Although seperate core tool is so light its not much to carry. Also there does exist valve caps with built in removers.
    I can tell you one flaw... its green!

mtbr member
    Also there does exist valve caps with built in removers.
    recently saw that enve has one cap/valve core tool, but I can't find that anywhere to buy except the one that comes with their tubeless kit

Richie Rude Yeti SB6C Whistler EWS 2017 - Mtbr.com

mtbr member

OneUp EDC

can the dynaplug cap/cover thread into the edc tool?

the one on the right side that looks like a revolver...

Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    can the dynaplug cap/cover thread into the edc tool?

the one on the right side that looks like a revolver...

I doubt they are the same size in diameter. Even if it could thread in, the EDC doesn't have the shoulder to accomidate those tools protruding out. Your best bet would be to wrap those tools/plugs in tissue paper and stuff them into the OneUps tube.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I really should pay attention. If you go to EDC's site they list Presta core tool, and after some fiddling discovered you can use the gap for the chain breaker pin as a presta core wrench. So really the only thing left that I can complain about is the storage hole for the quick link is a little loose and every time I take it apart I drop one. I can see losing it in the grass, I've lost a 4mm bit in the grass with my other tool setup.

I really should pay attention. If you go to EDC's site they list Presta core tool, and after some fiddling discovered you can use the gap for the chain breaker pin as a presta core wrench. So really the only thing left that I can complain about is the storage hole for the quick link is a little loose and every time I take it apart I drop one. I can see losing it in the grass, I've lost a 4mm bit in the grass with my other tool setup.
    A small piece of black electrical tape laid over the edge of the pin hole keeps them solidly in place until you need to pull them out.
    I'm installing a Dynaplug tire plug in the CO2 spot and can still fit all my extra parts. This thing is perfect and I can't think of another thing I need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    A small piece of black electrical tape laid over the edge of the pin hole keeps them solidly in place until you need to pull them out.
    I'm installing a Dynaplug tire plug in the CO2 spot and can still fit all my extra parts. This thing is perfect and I can't think of another thing I need.
    did you find a good place to carry the co2 head? in case you have yours on the fork instead of pump.

mtbr member
    anyone ridden the steerer version out in the rain? how wet/dry were the tools inside?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Which dynaplug will fit in the co2 spot?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    On Instagram, Dynaplug teased an attachment for the EDC.

I plan on drilling a hole down the center of a spent CO2 and threading it to match the Dynaplug. Then I'll cut off the tip and install it at the base of the EDC. Instant solid adapter that can be removed for CO2 storage if necessary.
    I order this kit from amazon last week.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit don't order that kit it's labeled wrong.
    Last edited by alexbn921; 08-22-2017 at 06:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    On Instagram, Dynaplug teased an attachment for the EDC.
    i didn't see that... link pls?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    i didn't see that... link pls?
    me either!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It was in their stories (they disappear).

Finally got my Dyna plugs in. Spent 20 minutes making the adapter and installing it.

OneUp EDC-20170828_184158.jpgOneUp EDC-20170828_185851.jpgOneUp EDC-20170828_190035.jpg

mtbr member
    I have one as well, and love it! Ive used it a few times and its well worth the price to have handy right in your steering tube.

I dont carry a pack or any bags on the bike, so it was a no brainer!

mtbr member
    from yeti factory mechanic yetipolarbear instagram!

They sent me a picture of that prototype yesterday. From a usefulness perspective, my hack is 100 times better. I used almost no room and can store all my normal items. Plus mine is lighter.

mtbr member
    They sent me a picture of that prototype yesterday. From a usefulness perspective, my hack is 100 times better. I used almost no room and can store all my normal items. Plus mine is lighter.
    agree using the co2 thread while being able to use oneup storage seems a much nicer solution! dynaplug seems just too big for what it does!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    from yeti factory mechanic yetipolarbear instagram!

i'm guessing orange is a team issue?

they only sell green or black.
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    i'm guessing orange is a team issue?

they only sell green or black.
    yeah! unfortunately! maybe they will release in the future like they did with the chain guide, but apparently team issue is a thing now in the bike industry!

I want gold! How about a me issue.

mtbr member

OneUp EDC

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    yeah! unfortunately! maybe they will release in the future like they did with the chain guide, but apparently team issue is a thing now in the bike industry!
    the bike industry 'has a lot' of issues lol
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice, although it seriously makes it looks like a love toy.

mtbr member
    Finally got my Dyna plugs in. Spent 20 minutes making the adapter and installing it.
    Nice work,

We might have something coming for you soon...

OneUp EDC-edc-fork.jpg

Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quick update, had some difficulties initially using the quick link chain breaker. Turns out it matters which way the link is installed. One way it's very hard to break with the EDC, but the other it pops easy. Doesn't work with Eagle 12spd, their weird curved plate quick link doesn't fit into the EDC groove.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    Nice work,

We might have something coming for you soon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDC FORK.jpg 
Views:	1976 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	1155057

Jon @ OneUp
    Any chance this will fit in the 70cc pump?

Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab View Post
    Any chance this will fit in the 70cc pump?
    my dynaplug mod would. this will be close.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    OneUp EDC-bacon_injector.jpg

Thanks for the inspirations guys, I went the cheap af route. Hacksawed the standard bacon injector and it threads right in to the EDC. Fits my 70cc pump like a glove. I was considering epoxy, but it isn't necessary. It's in there good and tight.

mtbr member

Name:	bacon_injector.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	1158343

Thanks for the inspirations guys, I went the cheap af route. Hacksawed the standard bacon injector and it threads right in to the EDC. Fits my 70cc pump like a glove. I was considering epoxy, but it isn't necessary. It's in there good and tight.
    Nice work!

We appreciate a well executed hack...

Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member

Name:	bacon_injector.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	1158343

OneUp EDC-takemymoney.jpg

Alright, so if I run the 70cc pump/tool combo and this hack I am 50% there. What is everyones thoughts on the specialized swat seat mounted tube/co2 carrier? Are there better options out there? My reasoning is if the plug does not fix it, I can always drop in a tube.

OneUp EDC-aneeke-beerten-06381-810x540.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker607 View Post

Name:	takemymoney.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1159932

Alright, so if I run the 70cc pump/tool combo and this hack I am 50% there. What is everyones thoughts on the specialized swat seat mounted tube/co2 carrier? Are there better options out there? My reasoning is if the plug does not fix it, I can always drop in a tube.

Name:	Aneeke-Beerten-06381-810x540.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	1159934
    i prefer mounting the tubes in the front triangle rather than behind the seat unless itís covered.
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    i prefer mounting the tubes in the front triangle rather than behind the seat unless itís covered.
    What are you using to mount it?

mtbr member
    What are you using to mount it?
    http://backcountryresearch.com/muthe...unt-strap.html
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

OneUp EDC

Name:	takemymoney.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1159932

Name:	Aneeke-Beerten-06381-810x540.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	1159934
    I donít like carrying stuff on my saddle for a couple of reasons.

I donít like the way a heavy saddle feels. I can feel the extra weight when the bike is moving from one side to the other eg when going through corners or standing up to pedal. I prefer to carry any weight like this as low and central as possible, I donít notice it at all then.

I donít like carrying tubes exposed to trail shite and uv on anything more than a temporary basis (eg a race). I know if several instances when folks have gone to use a tube and itís been fubared

Iíve been using a SWAT box and itís been ideal. Fits lightweight tube, CO2, levers, tyre patch, spare brake pads and some duck tape. Weight is right down low so I donít notice it at all

You can see pictures of it on my Canyon Strive here https://seekerbikes.com/2017/05/14/d...esearch-notes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iggs; 09-27-2017 at 11:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iggs;13356619

You can see pictures of it on my Canyon Strive here [url
    https://seekerbikes.com/2017/05/14/ditching-the-mtb-backpack-research-notes/[/url]

Wow, awesome write up on storage options. This gives me some material to work from. I am planning an upgrade soon and was looking at the 429sl and the element. With the element I think it might fit 2 bottles, swat box, and the one up pump/tool.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Name:	20170828_184158.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	1154706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170828_185851.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	1154707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170828_190035.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	1154705
    Nice!! What size tap did you use on the Co2 cartridge?

I used a 10-24NC [#25]
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I used a 10-24NC [#25]
    Awesome, thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Boom! Thanks again man, so easy!

OneUp EDC-caac6105-9626-48f7-922e-8a2a04439b4f.jpg

mtbr member
    I have had the tool and 100cc pump for a while, and wish I had bought when it was released. Something that is overlooked by people in drier climes is the way the EDC is sealed from the wet. I used to use plastic bags to keep stuff clean and dry, now it's secure except for my tube. That I strap to the saddle rails, wrapped in a nitrile glove.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quick update on my EDC:

Love it, use it loads. Fantastically handy having the tool under the top can. Even when riding with a backpack it means my multitool is right next to my hands.

I have had one small problem. The tool started to jam getting it in and out of the top cap. Initially I thought it was dirty or the o rings had become dry. It became a big problem when it jammed in just as I needed to pack the bike into a bag for a flight which required taking the stem off. Had to lever it out with a screw driver.

Turned out the bolts holding the tool together had started to loosen so was easy to solve once identified (used my wifeís edc). Iíve just taken the bolts out of each end and added more loctite and reset the tension on the tool. Hopefully this will prevent the problem happening again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by iggs View Post
    Quick update on my EDC:
    ...use it loads...
    you have a lot of on trail issues?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by literally View Post
    you have a lot of on trail issues?
    Reasonable amount

But also my fox 36 forks require an Allen key to remove the front wheel

Also keep some trail cash in the canister on the bottom and thatís proving super useful for post ride coffee ☕️ and beer

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    few words about* @oneupcomponents EDC Tool .

This was a present from my wife for the new year - otherwise I would never spend so much money for a tool/pump combo even though it is very functional and has significant cool factor

The Pump.

Pump is 100CC but OneUp offers you smaller 70CC version . 100cc inflates* 27.5 2.35 wheel in less than 100 strokes - impressive performance. 100cc does look bulky somehow.

The Tool.

Tool offers you a set of Allen keys but no Philips and flat screwdrivers so you need to borrow one from your trail mate* if need to adjust your rear derailleur . Storage compartment for missing-link is loose and always gets detached when you get the tool out.

There is an option for CO2 cartridge or storage compartment for small bits like money, patches* or a spare Presta valve core .

The tool is well designed and has best options on the market. It can substitute many other separate tools that you'd need a backpack for. OneUp says that you are able to unlock a missing link using your EDC tool, however I could not. Chain breaker is small and looks like it will not able to brake anything besides itself however I have yet to try it when things go wild with my chain .

#oneupcomponents #edc #tool #service #mtb #trailside #enduro #backpackfree #biketool #everydaycarry #ditchthepack #getoneup #worklessridemore

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfOp-MyAyQ_/

Отправлено с моего SM-J710F через Tapatalk

A small piece of electric tape in the hole for the quick link secures them nicely.
    The tool also has a flat head screwdriver. The quick link separator is kind of funky, but does work on 11 speed and lower chains.
    If you need a Philips and flat won't work you could swap out the bolts to hex or carry a small bit/holder in the storage area.

mtbr member
    I tried the chain tool and it does work.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    A small piece of electric tape in the hole for the quick link secures them nicely.
    The tool also has a flat head screwdriver. The quick link separator is kind of funky, but does work on 11 speed and lower chains.
    If you need a Philips and flat won't work you could swap out the bolts to hex or carry a small bit/holder in the storage area.
    Great point about changing Philips bolts to hex, electrical tape already on thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I tried the chain tool and it does work.
    Need to try it on my old spare chains .

mtbr member
    May 2011
    anyone know if you thread your fork, but then one day decide to go back to a star nut instead of carrying the EDC tool (or sell your fork to someone who doesn't use EDC tool), does the star nut go back in easily (with the threads)?

You can get an extra top nut to tread in or put a star nut in. It will go in just like the threads weren't there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

OneUp EDC

Quote Originally Posted by monts View Post
    anyone know if you thread your fork, but then one day decide to go back to a star nut instead of carrying the EDC tool (or sell your fork to someone who doesn't use EDC tool), does the star nut go back in easily (with the threads)?
    Iíve just wacked in a star nut to sell a bike

Last edited by iggs; 04-21-2018 at 05:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Finally got found to installing a tubeless repair insert tool into the bottom of my EDC

Using a dremel I cut the threaded section of a used CO2 cartridge and butchered a cheap weldtite tool to expose the metal shaft then epoxied them together.

I cut a tyre on Saturday and could have done with this then but at least itís ready for the next time.

I stitched the tyre instead when I got home

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I guess they are making them now:
    https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/On...r-Classic,2309

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monts View Post
    Yeah and if I was ordering a system I would definitely add one in. This took 20 minutes to make though and I had the parts handy anyway.

Just made a little cover for the Ďbacon bití insert as I keep beer/coffee tokens in the canister

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BjnQMsDHYnF/

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...lug-pliers-kit

mine mine MINE! They posted this up two hours ago. Nice little problem fixer to see in the production line OneUp!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OneUp EDC-oneup-components-plug-plier-pro-kit-iso-966_ab7145ed-39bf-4fa7-8a75-85e8d9ff918e.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abomofo View Post

mine mine MINE! They posted this up two hours ago. Nice little problem fixer to see in the production line OneUp!
    Pliers are neat

Used my Ďjabberí on Sunday. Gawd damn awesome, super handy and easy to use in the base of the one Up system

I wish the had a mod so that the built in link pliers worked with eagle, or eagle used a regular Fing link.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Anyone have both the EDC plugger and the dynaplug racer and can decisively say one is better than the other. Both are similar in price. I have no use for the link pliers and probably won't carry it but I do like that I can put two bacon strips with the EDC if I had wanted to and it's integrated in to the pump. The dynaplug is neat self contained solution.

mtbr member
    Heads up, attempted to remove a set of pedals with the EDC multi-tool, it did not go as planned. The first one came off easily enough, broke the tool on the second one. We were on a bike trip to Colorado and I only brought my EDC for tools. Luckily a buddy had a Crank Bros multi-tool that was stronger.

OneUp EDC-img_20180817_093223675.jpg

uuhhmm Yeah. This is not the best tool to remove anything with a torque over 70-80.
    Not really it's intended use though.

mtbr member
    I don't tighten pedals down that hard, mostly just snug them up. So it made sense to me that the 8mm would be able to handle it. Lightweight tool or not it shouldn't have broken so easily. Oneup took care of me and is sending a warranty replacement.

방랑외국인
    Would this work with the Trek Knock Block stem/headset?

mtbr member
    I also have the EDC installed in my steerer tube. It's a fantastic piece of kit and although it works very well, my only gripe is the tab on the top that you use to get the tool out. Having it on one side only makes it difficult to get out so perhaps OneUp should have put tabs on both sides to even out the load....
    2011 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Jules View Post
    I also have the EDC installed in my steerer tube. It's a fantastic piece of kit and although it works very well, my only gripe is the tab on the top that you use to get the tool out. Having it on one side only makes it difficult to get out so perhaps OneUp should have put tabs on both sides to even out the load....
    You read my mind. Another issue is that you really need to make sure the o-ring seal stays in good shape. My EDC got seriously stuck in my pump after ignoring it for a couple of weeks (still can't believe I didn't need it all that time!). Couldn't get it out on the trail, and ended up mangling the o-ring getting it out.

That said, I love the tool and the pump. One of the best multi-tools I've owned.

mtbr member
    I have since discovered that applying a small amount of grease to the o-ring does help getting the tool out of the steerer tube. Whether that actually translates to a situation where I WILL need to get the tool out remains to be seen :-)
    2011 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yup, clean the o-ring and apply tiny bit of silicone/plumbers grease. As mentioned by another poster, keep your eye on the pivot bolts loosening, hasn't happened to me, I run the pump option, but it happened to my friend who runs the steerer tube mount.
    That 8mm, I would use only in an emergency, having delt with removing pedals, even ones I installed myself that I know I didn't over torque, I know will become hard to remove and would most likely be over the capacity of the EDC. The pedals threads are done in direction to tend to be self tightening.
    The quick link separator works better in one direction, flip around if its not working.
    For bike trips I pack a separate micro ratchet and one large allen for the pedals for assembly/disassembly. WHile the EDC is good, it is way nicer to use discrete tools when you can.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Anyone have issues with the 100cc pump?

I've tested it out on a tube and I get no air. It's either pumping the smallest amount of air, or nothing at all. I feel like I can hear air coming out of the handle area when I'm pumping. If I pump it really fast, 1 out of 20 or 30 pumps will pump air into the tube, like it catches and actually pumps air. Either I'm missing something really simple, or it's broken.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rhdins View Post
    Anyone have issues with the 100cc pump?

I've tested it out on a tube and I get no air. It's either pumping the smallest amount of air, or nothing at all. I feel like I can hear air coming out of the handle area when I'm pumping. If I pump it really fast, 1 out of 20 or 30 pumps will pump air into the tube, like it catches and actually pumps air. Either I'm missing something really simple, or it's broken.

Any ideas?
    Sounds like your pump has blown a seal. One Up are usually pretty good with warranting faults.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by abomofo View Post

When would one require a set of chain breaker pliers on the trail?
    Just trying to choose the stuff I need, but nothing I don't.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
    When would one require a set of chain breaker pliers on the trail?
    Just trying to choose the stuff I need, but nothing I don't.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Valid question. For me the kit sells itself with the tire plug. The quicklink tool is nice to have for the paranoid Boy Scout in me. A shoe lace can accomplish the same thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Sounds like your pump has blown a seal. One Up are usually pretty good with warranting faults.
    Yup, my 100cc pumps like a champ.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by iggs View Post
    I donít like carrying stuff on my saddle for a couple of reasons.

I donít like the way a heavy saddle feels. I can feel the extra weight when the bike is moving from one side to the other eg when going through corners or standing up to pedal. I prefer to carry any weight like this as low and central as possible, I donít notice it at all then.

I donít like carrying tubes exposed to trail shite and uv on anything more than a temporary basis (eg a race). I know if several instances when folks have gone to use a tube and itís been fubared

Iíve been using a SWAT box and itís been ideal. Fits lightweight tube, CO2, levers, tyre patch, spare brake pads and some duck tape. Weight is right down low so I donít notice it at all

You can see pictures of it on my Canyon Strive here https://seekerbikes.com/2017/05/14/d...esearch-notes/

Your page with all the tips is really nice. However, I'm left with the realization that I still need to carry my mobile phone and car keys and therefore I'm not certain anything short of a frame bag, or a pack will ever work well for me personally.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    They've gotta do something for those who might be interested in both the pump and the top cap. EDC tool in the pump and then something new for the top cap.... Large (long) storage canister... Storage canister plus CO2... New tool that has a small knife...

Thoughts?

Edit... It looks like they sell just the plastic from the tool, so you can use it as extra storage:

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...tool-frame-kit
    Last edited by dduk; 12-21-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    Pivot Mach429

mtbr member
    Agreed! dduk!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Anybody know if the EDC pump mount will fit on a carbon-framed Trek Fuel EX?

Bike has a 68mm wide downtube which has a pretty squarish profile cross section.

(I can't find any photos of the OneUp pump on a Trek. Have seen photos mounted to a Santa Cruz Hightower, which also has a square section downtube, but I'm not sure how big that tube is.)

I have been given the EDC tool and steerer kit for Christmas, and on the tool's packaging the outline of the pump is shown 1:1. It measures 29mm diameter. Using that and the known spacing of standard bottle mounts (64mm) to scale a photo from the OneUp website of the pump in its mount suggests that the fit will be very close, and I can't find enough decent photos of the mount to work out exactly how the transition between the flat mounting area and the section which wraps around the pump is configured.

OneUp EDC-oneup-pump-trek-fuel-ex.jpg

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Its going to be very close. I just measuerd mine on bike, its about 32-33mm of flat section to approx center of max mounting bolt position. There is a curve where it melds into the clamp part. If your fram is super box sectionnlike you drew, it going to be super close. You could maybe run spacers and gain a little clearance. It does fit on my Yeti SB66C which has a pretty broad flat section of downtube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast