mtbr member

This a good work stand to start with?

I am looking to get a Park PCS-10 work stand (found one new for $125, but $30 shipping ). Wondering if you would recommend this or something else for this price range?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i picked up a feedback sports sport mechanic stand for 135 shipped

mtbr member
    Work well? Where did you get it?

mtbr member
    Thats the same one I have, it was $170 at REI but I got some discount or sale because the box was opened or something.

I like the clamp its easy for one hand and solid, the stand leans forward so I have plenty of room the bike pedals to clear the tool tray, its plenty solid to work on a 40 plus pound bike, and it folds up nicely.

Now that I can keep it set up permanently I would probably not bother to buy the tool tray and just use small table or nearby work bench to set bolts and tools down on, and even though its sturdy (as sturdy as something on tripod legs could be) I think I would go for one that mounts to a heavy base plate or bolts to the floor and maybe a hair taller (that is if I could get one for $250-$300... but I think they are a fair amount more)

I saw your works area pictures in another thread and because you have solid work bench you could buy the park bench mount clamp

http://www.parktool.com/products/det...&item=PCS%2D12
    http://www.parktool.com/products/det...em=PRS%2D7%2D1

Could be less money especially with shipping and would be more solid than any leg system, but it would be fairly low to the ground and you cant walk around it as you work.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo.
    I am looking to get a Park PCS-10 work stand (found one new for $125, but $30 shipping ). Wondering if you would recommend this or something else for this price range?

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0