Updated Titus EG in On-one UK and pre order $999 EG in Titus shop USA the same?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Updated Titus EG in On-one UK and pre order $999 EG in Titus shop USA the same?

Im confused now. According to On-one UK web site Geometry based on 150mm fork:
    The head angle will be 68 degrees. So is this an updated geo frame, completely different from the pre ordered $999 frame? Because if the On-one UK EG is different I will just have to order the EG from UK as I will slap a Rev 150 into my next EG build.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    Im confused now. According to On-one UK web site Geometry based on 150mm fork:
    The head angle will be 68 degrees. So is this an updated geo frame, completely different from the pre ordered $999 frame? Because if the On-one UK EG is different I will just have to order the EG from UK as I will slap a Rev 150 into my next EG build.
    They are the same frame
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I'm confused.. the 2010/11 EG had a 68 HA measured with a 160mm Talas. Titus had that stated on their website. So has the HA been changed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I'm confused.. the 2010/11 EG had a 68 HA measured with a 160mm Talas. Titus had that stated on their website. So has the HA been changed?
    There is no geometry change as I have said before. UK site is wrong in this case as I was sure with the external cup thats where we are.

But no. The head angle with 150mm Revelation with an external lower headset cup is 68.5deg. Measured.

J:
    There was a pic somewhere that I can't find now, tapered headtube looked to be located lower than the pics I'm seeing now.

Anyway, that new powder coated rig looks sweet!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    There was a pic somewhere that I can't find now, tapered headtube looked to be located lower than the pics I'm seeing now.
    located lower?

mtbr member
    Well I remember when the 68 degree HA was announced for the 09 model, it's spec with a 36 Fox Float ( ie A-C 545mm) and zero stack reducer cups ( which is ~5mm stack)
    taking out the A-C difference from a 150 Rev but add back the bottom stacking of cup in use..I would think there is hardly a difference.

Mine was initially spec with a 36 TALAS and the zero stack headset-- measurement was 68.3-68.5 from an iPhone app.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    There is no geometry change as I have said before. UK site is wrong in this case as I was sure with the external cup thats where we are.

But no. The head angle with 150mm Revelation with an external lower headset cup is 68.5deg. Measured.
    Brant, could you also measure the actual BB height with the Revelation on there?

J:
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    located lower?
    Maybe it's funky perspective of the pic, makes the bottom cup seem lower

just found this one