Titus Motolite 2 carbon seat stay problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Titus Motolite 2 carbon seat stay problem

Hi, haven't been posting here much, but reading it from time to time I know it's the best place to ask questions about titus bikes.

I own Titus Moto Lite II with the carbon seat stay and I was very happy with it until now. Last weekend I've noticed my rear wheel play. My first thought was that my frame is broken but luckily that's not the case. I've found out that the aluminium bridge which holds two carbon seat stays in place got loose on one side. It's not cracked, it just started to move slightly on the right seat stay. I'm not sure how it was put together originally (glue?) and what to do with it now. Any ideas?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by m1sha View Post
    Hi, haven't been posting here much, but reading it from time to time I know it's the best place to ask questions about titus bikes.

I own Titus Moto Lite II with the carbon seat stay and I was very happy with it until now. Last weekend I've noticed my rear wheel play. My first thought was that my frame is broken but luckily that's not the case. I've found out that the aluminium bridge which holds two carbon seat stays in place got loose on one side. It's not cracked, it just started to move slightly on the right seat stay. I'm not sure how it was put together originally (glue?) and what to do with it now. Any ideas?

m1sha-

There is no reliable way to fix it. Please contact us at [email protected] and we can get you sorted.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    m1sha-
    There is no reliable way to fix it. Please contact us at sales at titusti.com and we can get you sorted.
    That's a bad news. Have you heard about this problem before? Is it typical? I'll contact titus directly then (M1sha was just writing on my behalf).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilnikk View Post
    That's a bad news. Have you heard about this problem before? Is it typical? I'll contact titus directly then (M1sha was just writing on my behalf).
    Never heard that before. The very earliest carbon stays had some problems (very rare) but nothing else that I have seen.

one sick puppy
    I just had the same thing. I replaced it with the new carbon triangle. I'm thinking of trying to put a rivet in my old one to use as an extra. (hopefully won't need it) I noticed the cable routers were riveted to the stay so thought it might be possible to anchor that bracket in place. Or maybe some JB weld?
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.