Quasi-Moto or Super-Moto- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

Quasi-Moto or Super-Moto

The longer I look and wait the more confused I get.

I am looking at the Quasi or the Super Moto. I want to set it up with either Talas front
    and rear or 4 way Swinger and Minute 3 or Sherman Firefly.

I cannot find either bike anywhere around to ride so I need some feedback.

mtbr member
    I can't comment on the Super-Moto but I own a Quasi and I love it. It's a heavy duty trailbike that can climb like a MoFo as well as handle the big stuff. This bike has really good accelleration, it feels very torque-like when you start from no speed. I would go with the Super if you were to do much larger drops (8' range) and downhill stuff. You need to look at 95% of your riding and decide around that type of riding. Since you're looking at a Swinger and a Talas I'm going to assume you want this bike for trailriding.

I have my bike built up with a Talas and an 04 Vanilla RC on the back. This gives the bike excellent balance and it's not that heavy. I have mid-weight components on the bike and it runs around 31 lbs. or so. I haven't tried the Swinger but I'm sure any SPV shock will work fine on this bike.

Titus makes an excellent bike and they back it up. There service has been top notch for me and I'd recommend a Titus to anyone interested. Give [email protected] a call. He'll give you the honest scoop to help you decide which bike is right for you. Do it fast because there's often a lengthy wait to get a Titus.

No Titus anymore...

here you go.

All of the pics I have of my supermoto are too big for this site but here is a whole bunch of the super being put to work in Moab. Look for the photos that say "Shaine" something-scroll down a little.

http://kirkmetz.is-a-geek.com/moab_032004/

Jan 2004

thx for the supermoto pics!

been looking for info on the supermoto, visited the forums and poof! cool stuff.

i'm looking to build a supermoto with a manitou nixon on the front and the 7" option on the back.

cool, huh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by titusguy
    All of the pics I have of my supermoto are too big for this site but here is a whole bunch of the super being put to work in Moab. Look for the photos that say "Shaine" something-scroll down a little.

how does that super-moto climb and accelerate with the 6/7 rear?

Tonight we ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by titusguy

Nice photos, I'm using "shaine_bartletts.JPG" as my wallpaper. Glad to see there's actually someone riding a SM. I guess there's just not too many out there yet. Looks like you have the Quasi rear end and a Swinger? Can't tell which shock.

mtbr member

first week of riding the Quasi

my buddy demo'd a Supermoto last week at FFTF. After just riding it a bit on the pavement, I am convinced I made the right decision in getting the Quasi. As you see, it's set up with a Swinger 4Way and Minute 1, which has been a great combo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People don't think it be like it is, but it do - Oscar Gamble