Moto-Lite Frame Size Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Moto-Lite Frame Size Help

I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Moto-Lite and am not sure about the frame size. I test rode a Medium and it felt good (about 1/2" shorter top tube compared to current bike) but different from current bike. I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. Local shop said I could go Medium or Large (but more stronglt suggested Large) and the Wrench Science sizing system puts me on a Medium. I am leaning towards the Medium since the Large is quite a bit bigger and about 1/4" longer then current top tube. I know it has been said before but I don't know why the medium to large has such a big jump. The large ML is longer TT then Racer X? Thanks.

Let's ride
    You're a med.
    We just sized a friend on a med. with same dimensions. he is a touch taller, and is all torso.

The ML large is way longer in the TT, so it is a huge jump if you're inbetween sizes. Titus fitted him on a med while at Sea Otter this year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. You confirmed what I was thinking.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by truberski
    Thanks for the feedback. You confirmed what I was thinking.
    I'm riding a med, I'm also 5'11" and 32 or 33" inseam. I really like it. I went with a 110mm stem, but I'm really thinking to change it to a 90mm, other than that the size is pretty good

lover of trees
    Oct 2005
    Hi guys,

I'm also thinking about getting the Moto-Lite. I'm 5' 7.5" weighing about 150 lbs w/gear. I ride all mountaing primarily aggressive xc w/lots of ups and downs w/some light freeriding thrown in for good measure. I thought this might be the best all around mtn. bike but am not sure about the sizing. Thanks for any imput/help.

Cheers,
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0