Medium Motolite owners, I need your help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Medium Motolite owners, I need your help!

Hey all,
    Am contemplating getting a medium Motolite. Was wondering if a medium Motolite owner can do me a favor. I need the distance from the center of the crank to the plumb line from the tip of the seat.

I got a bike fit for my Switchblade from Andy Pruitt up here in Boulder, CO. He set my bike up so I wouldn't get knee pain I was experiencing when I went to clipless pedals. He also showed me the dimensions I should use to set up my road bike and future bikes that I might purchase.

Here is how you get the measurement. Position the seat as far back in the rails as you can and parallel to the ground. Adjust the seat so the tip is 25.5 inches from the center of the cranks. Drop a plumb from the tip of the seat and measure the distance from the plumb line to the center of the cranks.

On my Blade the measurement is about 3.5 inches (with my Talas set at 100mm). I have experienced no knee pain when having this setup. I have been experimenting with a medium 575 (distance is more like 2.0") and although I love the bike it is causing knee pain. Am using a gravity dropper, wish they made one with a laidback seatpost.

Any help appreciated,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0