Here's To Me. Here's To You.... Here's To Me!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 85 of 85
  1. #1
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    Here's To Me. Here's To You.... Here's To Me!

    All Mnt 1 SL Baby!!!!

    And the the skulls are still rockin it on the Moto after all this time.

    Oh! and sorry about these GAWD AWFUL pics, I'll be getting a new camera soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,190
    holy crap!!! - that white fork looks phenomenal!!!

  3. #3
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,011
    Zoinks!!!! Looks great. Can't wait for a ride report.

    Now, that bike looks ripe for a trip to Whistler.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  4. #4
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Awesome, did you retire your original Italian mistress.......
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cavitykilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    218
    Looks nice. You gonna take her out for a spin this weekend???
    Truffle Shuffle

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    996
    Nice . . looks great. Why the skulls? Just Curious.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    gawdamnitohellandbackandthreehailmarrysholyshityou meanbusinesscanihaveyourleakylowersmateandyounowha vemoretravelthanmesoiamjealous


  8. #8
    searcher
    Reputation: kovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    874
    That looks great BA! Hopefully the ride will be as great as the bling factor!
    That saddle looks to me being in a funny angle though..
    Kovi

  9. #9
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    All Mnt 1 SL Baby!!!!

    And the the skulls are still rockin it on the Moto after all this time.

    Oh! and sorry about these GAWD AWFUL pics, I'll be getting a new camera soon.
    Very, very neat...... A ride report will be apreciated

  10. #10
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Reputation: barelylegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Get that thing in the air in no time BA

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Looking forward to the pics with the new camera. Hope it has a timer so you can bikezilla some shots for us. Who could resist this:
    Last edited by All Mountain; 09-20-2007 at 10:26 PM.

  12. #12
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    Thanks Brotha's!!!

    If I'd have known I'd get this reaction, I would have got it a long time ago "LOL"!

    It was incredible luck. Here I was pissing and moneing all night about my leaky fork. I looked around on the web and e-bay for a while and saw some pretty good deals on assorted flavors of Pikes and what not, but all I could find on an 07 AM1 SL was 785.00, everywhere I looked. And the more I looked around at Pikes the more I wanted the AM1 SL! I just needed to give Zoke one more shot.

    So I awoke again this morening, and decided to give e-bay one more run. Well what do ya know this fork at a resonable price... oh waite dangett! it's not got a "buy it now" and theres still 6 day's left. Than just as I'm moving on, I notice Bghm Ala. WHAT!!! I shoot the seller a Q' and the guy email's me back and say's is this Jason with the ML. Turns out it's a guy from my LBS selling it for a customer! BAM! all but brand new condition SMOKING PRICE!!!! "you know local buyer.

    Only small issues though are when I met him for the fork, he had forgotten the QR20. So I just jerry'ed my standard through axle in there for the pics, and to push on it a little. It feels nothing like my AMZ1 but this was also an issue I saw in the review section which is supposed to feel completly coil like once on the trail. The last thing is I'll need to pick up some post mount adapters at the LBS... hopfully they'll be in.

    Oh and JT! I put those skulls on there prob two months after I got my ML. I got them with an issue of MBUK I bought and just thought they looked cool.

  13. #13
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    All right here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    That looks great BA! Hopefully the ride will be as great as the bling factor!
    That saddle looks to me being in a funny angle though..

    Ok, what's funy about my saddle angle!

  14. #14
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,886
    Low profile, uh?!

    You did never mentioned this makings...

    BIG CONGRATS!!!!

    Now you can dump that leaky POS...

    Now, keep reading, and I'm being dead serious... Remove the leaky one, inflate it to max stated by Zoke and dump it in a bucket of water... Grab a beer and spend an hour or two watching out where bubbles are coming from.

    No water will go in, especially if you activate the ETA, so you can pressurize the other side too, but I understand your problems should be in the TST side which is the one with preload.

    Solve the issue with the old one and sell it for a good price to finance a High Volume sleeve.
    Check my Site

  15. #15
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Good luck on it!

    It sure looks nice, now I know how my ML will look like! I wanted to ask you about the QR20, but I think I'll have to wait. I hope you like the Zoke!

  16. #16
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Good luck on it!

    It sure looks nice, now I know how my ML will look like! I wanted to ask you about the QR20, but I think I'll have to wait. I hope you like the Zoke!

    Yeah man, I almost titiled the thread "Rzoz you might be interested in this"... for real!

    Sorry about my crappy pics, it looks really good in person or with a descent cam I SWEAR!


    Warp great idea, and thanks for the heads up on it not taking in water, that will make me feel alot better about it.

    And shoot if all else fails, I'll just send the lowers to my good buddy AM down in Tas. I'm sure all it could possibly be, is the seals. But I GOTTA KNOW!!! Thanks for the advice Warp!

  17. #17

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    280
    dude. Seriously sweet fork. I was eyeing this myself, as it's the only fork right now I would replace the AM1 with.

    Very nice.

    Please, though can we get some quality pics that give that bike justice?

  18. #18
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah man, I almost titiled the thread "Rzoz you might be interested in this"... for real!
    ....
    I think that both our bikes will end up looking pretty much similar, same frame colors, polished aluminium stays and black and white fork.

    Customs takes forever this side of the border! It was xmass season, usually stuff goes by a lot faster during the year...

  19. #19
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    For Real Doe!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrath
    dude. Seriously sweet fork. I was eyeing this myself, as it's the only fork right now I would replace the AM1 with.

    Very nice.

    Please, though can we get some quality pics that give that bike justice?

    but last time I didn't post pics "for that reason" I was nearly thrown off the Titus board.



    Edit: Another thing on insalling this fork I hadn't considered was that you've got your nice brand new fork with white lowers "which I for one love" and your hands are getting a bit dirty from the process and it get's ALL OVER the white lowers, and the more you try to wipe it off with a clean part of your hand the dirtier it get's until of course you grab a towel.
    Last edited by blackagness; 01-10-2007 at 11:51 PM.

  20. #20
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,465
    Good gawd man! Hawtness!

    Love the skulls too....

    Hey if you need an adaptor, might consider going for an 8" rotor in front while you are at it. Pretty much all brands are the same size and thickness so buy whatevers cheapest.

    That fork's whiter than the snow dumping outside my window right now.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    but last time I didn't post pics "for that reason" I was nearly thrown off the Titus board.
    naaah, you've got rating 1 for life on this board.


    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness

    Edit: Another thing on insalling this fork I hadn't considered was that you've got your nice brand new fork with white lowers "which I for one love" and your hands are getting a bit dirty from the process and it get's ALL OVER the white lowers, and the more you try to wipe it off with a clean part of your hand the dirtier it get's until of course you grab a towel.
    I get in trouble for using towels. I use my really old clothes with holes, and I still get in trouble.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Good gawd man! Hawtness!

    Love the skulls too....

    Hey if you need an adaptor, might consider going for an 8" rotor in front while you are at it. Pretty much all brands are the same size and thickness so buy whatevers cheapest.

    That fork's whiter than the snow dumping outside my window right now.

    Hey, it's sunny calm and 25 degrees here .

  23. #23
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Hey, it's sunny calm and 25 degrees here .
    yeah it's 25 degrees here too... FAHRENHEIT.

    Hopefully I can make it out snauxboarding tomorrow night. I need to ride something. Even the pets are starting to look good!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    yeah it's 25 degrees here too... FAHRENHEIT.

    Hopefully I can make it out snauxboarding tomorrow night. I need to ride something. Even the pets are starting to look good!

  25. #25
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    Uuuh? Thanks for clearing that up...

    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    yeah it's 25 degrees here too... FAHRENHEIT.

    Hopefully I can make it out snakeboarding tomorrow night. I need to ride something. Even the pets are starting to look good!

    For a second there I was totally confused.... it being summer in Australia!

    Man, I should probably get out more....... CELSIUS!!!!!!!!

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    For a second there I was totally confused.... it being summer in Australia!

    Man, I should probably get out more....... CELSIUS!!!!!!!!
    My blue.... I just don't think sometimes... I forget about yank units

  27. #27
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    If I'd have known I'd get this reaction, I would have got it a long time ago "LOL"!

    It was incredible luck. Here I was pissing and moneing all night about my leaky fork. I looked around on the web and e-bay for a while and saw some pretty good deals on assorted flavors of Pikes and what not, but all I could find on an 07 AM1 SL was 785.00, everywhere I looked. And the more I looked around at Pikes the more I wanted the AM1 SL! I just needed to give Zoke one more shot.

    So I awoke again this morening, and decided to give e-bay one more run. Well what do ya know this fork at a resonable price... oh waite dangett! it's not got a "buy it now" and theres still 6 day's left. Than just as I'm moving on, I notice Bghm Ala. WHAT!!! I shoot the seller a Q' and the guy email's me back and say's is this Jason with the ML. Turns out it's a guy from my LBS selling it for a customer! BAM! all but brand new condition SMOKING PRICE!!!! "you know local buyer.

    Only small issues though are when I met him for the fork, he had forgotten the QR20. So I just jerry'ed my standard through axle in there for the pics, and to push on it a little. It feels nothing like my AMZ1 but this was also an issue I saw in the review section which is supposed to feel completly coil like once on the trail. The last thing is I'll need to pick up some post mount adapters at the LBS... hopfully they'll be in.

    Oh and JT! I put those skulls on there prob two months after I got my ML. I got them with an issue of MBUK I bought and just thought they looked cool.

    Awesome catch, BA!!!

    Congrats!

  28. #28
    Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Reputation: Bikerbob.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,841

    Bomber at Sunrise

    Looks like the Italians are making a comeback on Titus bikes. After several years of a feeding frenzy at Fox, and the rebirth of RockShox, Marzocchi is cool again.

    Just got this 10th Anniversary Bomber. So retro with the orange color, raised-letter graphics, and bolt-on stanchions. But completley modern with ETA, RC2, and QR20.

    That's the good news. Bad news-it's a being mounted on a Santa Cruz Heckler.

    Hmm. Wonder how it would look on a new green Motolite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  29. #29
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Looks like the Italians are making a comeback on Titus bikes. After several years of a feeding frenzy at Fox, and the rebirth of RockShox, Marzocchi is cool again.

    Just got this 10th Anniversary Bomber. So retro with the orange color, raised-letter graphics, and bolt-on stanchions. But completley modern with ETA, RC2, and QR20.

    That's the good news. Bad news-it's a being mounted on a Santa Cruz Heckler.

    Hmm. Wonder how it would look on a new green Motolite.
    That Anniversary Bomber looks awesome!! Gotta love that orange

  30. #30
    Fo' Bidniz in da haus
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,281
    great forks guys! the marz AM forks rock!

    I also dig that new orange marz.....killer

  31. #31
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    great forks guys! the marz AM forks rock!

    I also dig that new orange marz.....killer

    Yeah I'm lovin the novalty "to me" of haveing a white fork, but I'd love to get my hands on those orang lowers to slap on there.

  32. #32

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,348
    good looking fork BA. you'll love it. and be doing the environmentalist wacko's a favor with no air leaks and oil spills

  33. #33
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    480
    Sweet dude! Good fork choice I've got the same thing on my bike.

    What front brake do you have? If it's an Avid, you don't need an adaptor for 165mm, just take the IS mount off and bolt the brake on. If you go with a larger rotor, you will need an adaptor. I had to call every bike shop in town to find one.

    What are you using for a front wheel?

  34. #34
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by funkle
    Sweet dude! Good fork choice I've got the same thing on my bike.

    What front brake do you have? If it's an Avid, you don't need an adaptor for 165mm, just take the IS mount off and bolt the brake on. If you go with a larger rotor, you will need an adaptor. I had to call every bike shop in town to find one.

    What are you using for a front wheel?
    Funkle is right! it seems you are running a 160mm rotor? (are we assuming wrong from the pics, BA?) If your caliper uses a IS-to-PM adaptor, just remove it and you should be good to go.... however upgrading to a bigger rotor might be a good idea too (185mm... maybe 203mm )

  35. #35
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    My blue.... I just don't think sometimes... I forget about yank units
    I much prefer metric personally!

  36. #36
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I much prefer metric personally!
    I second that... but I have always used it anyway... however in CR most tools and hardware use the English system

  37. #37
    searcher
    Reputation: kovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Ok, what's funy about my saddle angle!
    Ok, ok , nothing. Did not mean to hurt you!
    Kovi

  38. #38
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Oh and JT! I put those skulls on there prob two months after I got my ML. I got them with an issue of MBUK I bought and just thought they looked cool.
    Blacky
    Here's a shirt to go along with your skulls:

    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/154...rew-Jersey.htm
    Extreme stationary biker.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I much prefer metric personally!
    I think fishing and beer is the best system personally

  40. #40
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I think fishing and beer is the best system personally
    Don't know about the fishing, but beer for sure... specially Weizen

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Don't know about the fishing, but beer for sure... specially Weizen
    All those who do not like fishing please leave the board.

  42. #42
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    All those who do not like fishing please leave the board.

    I literally DON'T KNOW about fishing.... only done it a couple of times... doesn't mean I don't like it (with beer... ummm... beer...)

  43. #43
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    All those who do not like fishing please leave the board.
    I'd fish, but I'd need an exo fishing road..... Can I attach one on the ML?

  44. #44
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I'd fish, but I'd need an exo fishing road..... Can I attach one on the ML?

    I know there are carbon fishing rods... but exo.. that would be bling!

  45. #45
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I much prefer metric personally! :thumbs up:

    How very "Seattle progressive chic" coffee shop hanger outt'er of you FM... she she!.



    In the middle of this fork business guy's... be right back!

  46. #46
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I'd fish, but I'd need an exo fishing road..... Can I attach one on the ML?
    Now that I'm thinkin' bout it... if I can't find the exo rod... can I substitute fishing for beer?

  47. #47
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Now that I'm thinkin' bout it... if I can't find the exo rod... can I substitute fishing for beer?

    That does it.... Roberto and I are in charge of the beer department while you guys fish.. how does that sound?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Now that I'm thinkin' bout it... if I can't find the exo rod... can I substitute fishing for beer?
    Just get a handline and fish away whilst you drink beer.

    Any estimates on the arrival of the package ?~?

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    That does it.... Roberto and I are in charge of the beer department while you guys fish.. how does that sound?

    I'm may be giving up low level bling on my bike for a new reel. Too bad SRAM ain't into reels yet.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    That does it.... Roberto and I are in charge of the beer department while you guys fish.. how does that sound?
    Die zwei von dir können nicht mit Octoberfest vertraut werden

  51. #51
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Die zwei von dir können nicht mit Octoberfest vertraut werden
    Warum nicht?? Wir lieben Weizen, was fehlt noch?


    (Why not? We love Weizen, what's missing? )

  52. #52
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I'm may be giving up low level bling on my bike for a new reel. Too bad SRAM ain't into reels yet.
    So you want a 1:1 ratio reel

  53. #53
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I'm may be giving up low level bling on my bike for a new reel. Too bad SRAM ain't into reels yet.
    It's been a looong time since I have fished.....

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    So you want a 1:1 ratio reel
    LOL, yeah and the klunky action to go along with it

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    It's been a looong time since I have fished.....
    ahhhh, your not married yet !~!

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Warum nicht?? Wir lieben Weizen, was fehlt noch?


    (Why not? We love Weizen, what's missing? )
    ok... Solange es nicht das amerikanische ist, piss Bier

  57. #57
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    ahhhh, your not married yet !~!
    Classic!

  58. #58
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    ok... Solange es nicht das amerikanische ist, piss Bier
    ok.. Alles klar!

  59. #59
    Tonight we ride.
    Reputation: fonseca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    holy crap!!! - that white fork looks phenomenal!!!
    I don't know, there's something about an all black fork. . .

    Take a 2007 All Mountain SL, get some black lowers and a coil spring, and you have an All Mountain 1 (Und mein Gott! Was fuer schlechtes Deutsch hier!).
    Attached Images Attached Images

  60. #60
    Tonight we ride.
    Reputation: fonseca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    769
    Oh, and Marzocchi is still tall as Hell in 2007.

    Axle-corrected height comparison vs an '06 Nixon Super:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    I don't know, there's something about an all black fork. . .

    Take a 2007 All Mountain SL, get some black lowers and a coil spring, and you have an All Mountain 1 (Und mein Gott! Was fuer schlechtes Deutsch hier!).
    All Blacks are the best (disclaimer: Whafe and his merry kiwi's you know Wallaby's are really the best, and this only applies to forks)

  62. #62
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Ok... I had a couple "this and that's" with my fork install, hey I've only installed mabye 6-7 forks in my entire life, and I remember mabye a half of the last one. Anyway I thrashed it in and around the drive and street as best I could, and well it felt like an air fork... but a really great air fork so far! A world of diffrence really. I've over the past 2-3 months run about 3 1/2 diffrent forks on my bike, so I don't think I'll be getting any new fork beer goggles or anything. holding the two forks in my hands yesterday I couldn't feel any "real" wieght diffrence, but riding around it felt WAY LIGHTER! I don't know it just feels TIGHT! and ON! It sure peddals infintley better. At least around the street... and I had it in the DS setting.

    Thanks Geo for the heads up, much apprectiated!

    Also I put the AMZ1 and AM SL1 side to side before instaling, and the AMZ1 was taller, but I may not have had the travel at exaclty the same setting. I was pretty excited at the time and didn't even think about it.

    Anyway I'm gonna be working my ass off tomarrow so I can finish, to get her out on the trail come heII or high water, so be on the look out for anything I might be able to dissern from a first ride imppresh.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Ok... I had a couple "this and that's" with my fork install, hey I've only installed mabye 6-7 forks in my entire life, and I remember mabye a half of the last one. Anyway I thrashed it in and around the drive and street as best I could, and well it felt like an air fork... but a really great air fork so far! A world of diffrence really. I've over the past 2-3 months run about 3 1/2 diffrent forks on my bike, so I don't think I'll be getting any new fork beer goggles or anything. holding the two forks in my hands yesterday I couldn't feel any "real" wieght diffrence, but riding around it felt WAY LIGHTER! I don't know it just feels TIGHT! and ON! It sure peddals infintley better. At least around the street... and I had it in the DS setting.

    Thanks Geo for the heads up, much apprectiated!

    Also I put the AMZ1 and AM SL1 side to side before instaling, and the AMZ1 was taller, but I may not have had the travel at exaclty the same setting. I was pretty excited at the time and didn't even think about it.

    Anyway I'm gonna be working my ass off tomarrow so I can finish, to get her out on the trail come heII or high water, so be on the look out for anything I might be able to dissern from a first ride imppresh.
    Can you please try 160 travel just for me..... and point your self down a steep hill ?~?

    Best way to break in a new fork is fast and hard

    Rockit dooood and enjoy

  64. #64
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360

    Good job! I Agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Can you please try 160 travel just for me..... and point your self down a steep hill ?~?

    Best way to break in a new fork is fast and hard

    Rockit dooood and enjoy

    But if I run the thing at 160mm, the ML will engage it's self distructruct mechanism, and I'll be ejected from the the bike.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    But if I run the thing at 160mm, the ML will engage it's self distructruct mechanism, and I'll be ejected from the the bike.


    I can't see you come a cropper cobber !~!

  66. #66
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain


    I can't see you come a cropper cobber !~!

    That's just what I was thinking.

  67. #67
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    Was fuer schlechtes Deutsch hier!.
    Was meins du als schlecht???


  68. #68
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Was meins du als schlecht???


    Took the words right outta my mouth!


    Ok, when did the Titus board become the U.N?

  69. #69
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Took the words right outta my mouth!


    Ok, when did the Titus board become the U.N?
    I guess whem AM starting posting in German (or maybe he discovered Babelfish.. AM, is that you or babelfish?)

    BA, don't complain too much, or Warp, Rzoz and I could start posting in Spanish too

    J/K
    Last edited by crisillo; 01-12-2007 at 01:49 AM.

  70. #70
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by funkle
    Sweet dude! Good fork choice I've got the same thing on my bike.

    What front brake do you have? If it's an Avid, you don't need an adaptor for 165mm, just take the IS mount off and bolt the brake on. If you go with a larger rotor, you will need an adaptor. I had to call every bike shop in town to find one.

    What are you using for a front wheel?

    I meant to "thank you" man! Anyway, so what do you think of the fork??? Lets have it brah... share!


    Geo! you'll oh me one in whistler.... since I thanked ya and all, ya might as well do somethin?

  71. #71
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360




    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I guess whem AM starting posting in German (or maybe he discovered Babelfish.. AM, is that you or babelfish?)

    BA, don't complain too much, or Warp, Rzoz and I could start posting in Spanish too

    J/K

  72. #72
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness


  73. #73
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,886
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    But if I run the thing at 160mm, the ML will engage it's self distructruct mechanism, and I'll be ejected from the the bike.
    Don't worry... Marzocchi already knew people wanted the AM on ML's and that's why the ATA winds itself down while riding....

    (Nevermind, Blackey... Just pulling your leg in jealousy... as Whafe would say, "it's all good"... or are you going to join to the list of people who want to kill me? )
    Check my Site

  74. #74
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Don't worry... Marzocchi already knew people wanted the AM on ML's and that's why the ATA winds itself down while riding....

    (Nevermind, Blackey... Just pulling your leg in jealousy... as Whafe would say, "it's all good"... or are you going to join to the list of people who want to kill me? )

    Has there been a problem with the travel adjust's already, on these forks???

  75. #75
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Has there been a problem with the travel adjust's already, on these forks???
    OneBikeGuy has reported problems with his AM SL 1 in this thread and also in the 66 SL ATA 1 setup thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259905
    Extreme stationary biker.

  76. #76
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,886
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Has there been a problem with the travel adjust's already, on these forks???
    In the thread Geo mentions, they also mention the XC series has had this issu also.

    However... not everybody is getting those glitches. It looks like it was a bad batch (a large one, but just a batch).

    Anyway, that wouldn't sway me away from Marzocchi.

    Just keep an eye on that one.... and follow CAREFULLY inflation instructions for the fork. Check Zoke page for that one.

    Your PAR chamber MUST be 30PSI (ok... 28.8PSI or 2 Bar) higher than positive pressure always and it should be inflated BEFORE any other chamber. Not doing so, will cause you problems as the PAR pressure sets the position of the PAR Piston inside the cartridge and that determinates how big the other two chambers will be.

    Don't panic... jut keep an eye on it and at the slightest problem, call Zoke and get'em working on your fork.

    I'd keep "Leaky" (your "old" ZAM1) a couple weeks around, just in case.
    Check my Site

  77. #77
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Your PAR chamber MUST be 30PSI (ok... 28.8PSI or 2 Bar) higher than positive pressure always and it should be inflated BEFORE any other chamber. Not doing so, will cause you problems as the PAR pressure sets the position of the PAR Piston inside the cartridge and that determinates how big the other two chambers will be.
    Thanks for elaborating on that. The manual sort of glazes over this, but doesn't get into much detail.

  78. #78
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I meant to "thank you" man! Anyway, so what do you think of the fork??? Lets have it brah... share!
    OK, I finally took some pictures, which I'll post in another thread, along with my first impressions.
    Last edited by funkle; 01-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.

  79. #79
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    In the thread Geo mentions, they also mention the XC series has had this issu also.

    However... not everybody is getting those glitches. It looks like it was a bad batch (a large one, but just a batch).

    Anyway, that wouldn't sway me away from Marzocchi.

    Just keep an eye on that one.... and follow CAREFULLY inflation instructions for the fork. Check Zoke page for that one.

    Your PAR chamber MUST be 30PSI (ok... 28.8PSI or 2 Bar) higher than positive pressure always and it should be inflated BEFORE any other chamber. Not doing so, will cause you problems as the PAR pressure sets the position of the PAR Piston inside the cartridge and that determinates how big the other two chambers will be.

    Don't panic... jut keep an eye on it and at the slightest problem, call Zoke and get'em working on your fork.

    I'd keep "Leaky" (your "old" ZAM1) a couple weeks around, just in case.

    Well F%K me!!!!!! I hate Marzocchi!!!!!! I'm sure I prob did that. I was tierd after work, and I remembered something about one being more than the other, but I did not consider the possability that making an error would result in it being A BIG PIECE OF SH!T THAT I'm SURE I WILL NO DOUBT HAVE TO SEND BACK TO MARZ FOR WHAT COULD BE MONTHS/WEEKS ON END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't even want to go check. I'm really not kidding around right now. I could not be more upset, at this moment... I.... I.............. well.

  80. #80
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Your PAR chamber MUST be 30PSI (ok... 28.8PSI or 2 Bar) higher than positive pressure always and it should be inflated BEFORE any other chamber. Not doing so, will cause you problems as the PAR pressure sets the position of the PAR Piston inside the cartridge and that determinates how big the other two chambers will be.

    Don't panic... jut keep an eye on it and at the slightest problem, call Zoke and get'em working on your fork.
    If you mess it up, is it simply a matter of deflating and starting over, or will you actually damage the fork? That would be pretty careless of Marzocchi not to mention that teeny tiny little detail in the manual, wouldn't it?

  81. #81
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well F%K me!!!!!! I hate Marzocchi!!!!!! I'm sure I prob did that. I was tierd after work, and I remembered something about one being more than the other, but I did not consider the possability that making an error would result in it being A BIG PIECE OF SH!T THAT I'm SURE I WILL NO DOUBT HAVE TO SEND BACK TO MARZ FOR WHAT COULD BE MONTHS/WEEKS ON END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't even want to go check. I'm really not kidding around right now. I could not be more upset, at this moment... I.... I.............. well.
    I've also heard that it is not the end of the world if you don't follow those directions...I think it is also discussed in the 66 SL ATA 1 setup thread...here's the link, I'm too busy (read lazy) to look it up specifically, but I remember a post calming a very worried Renegade when someone informed him what Warp just told you.

    Basically, let all the air out and start again. Calm down...you should be good to go. Go for a ride and enjoy that sweet fork!
    Extreme stationary biker.

  82. #82
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    480
    What pressures are you guys running in your AM1s? I had initially set it up with 170psi in the PAR, and 140psi in the top for my 175 lbs. Today I dropped the main chamber down to 120 - sag and ride quality improved. As I understand it, the PAR chamber only affects bottom out, or "progressivity" (a word the Italians made up for the manual) at the bottom of the stroke.

  83. #83
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by funkle
    What pressures are you guys running in your AM1s? I had initially set it up with 170psi in the PAR, and 140psi in the top for my 175 lbs. Today I dropped the main chamber down to 120 - sag and ride quality improved. As I understand it, the PAR chamber only affects bottom out, or "progressivity" (a word the Italians made up for the manual) at the bottom of the stroke.

    Yes the bottom is only for bottom out. I'll post my psi's directly.

  84. #84
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,886
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well F%K me!!!!!! I hate Marzocchi!!!!!! I'm sure I prob did that. I was tierd after work, and I remembered something about one being more than the other, but I did not consider the possability that making an error would result in it being A BIG PIECE OF SH!T THAT I'm SURE I WILL NO DOUBT HAVE TO SEND BACK TO MARZ FOR WHAT COULD BE MONTHS/WEEKS ON END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't even want to go check. I'm really not kidding around right now. I could not be more upset, at this moment... I.... I.............. well.

    As Geolover just said... Don't panic... it's repeated usage in this manner that could f&ck up the fork.

    Deflate, and start over again. You should have no probs. You haven't been hucking the thing (yet)

    It's too long now to read it all, but go through all that 66SL thread. There's tons of info. The data about how to set up the fork was released by Zoke now, but it was indicated to Renegade on the phone first and to some italian forum.
    Check my Site

  85. #85
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I've also heard that it is not the end of the world if you don't follow those directions...I think it is also discussed in the 66 SL ATA 1 setup thread...here's the link, I'm too busy (read lazy) to look it up specifically, but I remember a post calming a very worried Renegade when someone informed him what Warp just told you.

    Basically, let all the air out and start again. Calm down...you should be good to go. Go for a ride and enjoy that sweet fork!

    Thanks for the life line Geo... I really appreciate you! I just started it over and BOY! do I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE it works!!!

    Sorry for the meltdown, but after what I've gone through for the past couple MONTHS! with my AMZ1, and the day I've had...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.