An EG All Mountain Vacation- Chiang Mai, Thailand- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

An EG All Mountain Vacation- Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice weather, awesome trails and tons of riding friends up there too... this is the time of the year for anyone heading out to Thailand for some serious riding.

The uplift-- local taxis converted from trucks, brings up bikes and riders to highest point ~3000+ ft for a couple of bucks if you do your bargaining right before starting off.

View alone next morning was enough to forget the budget airline hiccups causing arrival at some ungodly timing just a few hours before...

Was mulling if all the gears are needed.... Definitely- -next year gonna add on some shoulder and chest armor as well...

Sessioning a G-out during a break

Leap of Faith: First time pulling off something like this after 4 miles of downs when the forearms can't even be felt anymore...

Rock Garden: Didn't unnerve my buddy on his DH rig but I definitely need to check it out first...

Nothing beats a good run

End of run 5 @ the DH race trail: Minions DHf would have been great... Side knobs on the Ardent 2.4 got a little sketchy as things got drier & more dusty in the last 3 days...

Aftermath from a week's worth of descents.. totalling ~ 165km in all

a tight kick sound
    Wow, lucky man!
    That looks SUPER awesome
    How did the Guapo hold up?

Thanks

what's that rattle?
    When I was first going through those photos I thought I had spotted an EG with a Fox 40!

Good stuff!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That looks amazing.

mtbr member
    How did Guappy hold up -- Just fine... tore right thru everything and took some hard hits on my behalf when I bailed. Gonna do an inspection on the whole bike this weekend.

Probably not a Fox 40-- but Im looking at moving to a 180 coil next -- sniffing for a bargain deal. For normal riding, my Vengeance 160 air fork now is plenty sufficient but on rides like these, things heats up a bit and the whole suspension feels gets wacky towards the end....

Will try to get some videos up soon... ~30GB to sort through
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Probably not a Fox 40-- but Im looking at moving to a 180 coil next -- sniffing for a bargain deal. For normal riding, my Vengeance 160 air fork now is plenty sufficient but on rides like these, things heats up a bit and the whole suspension feels gets wacky towards the end....
    I liked the EG with my 180 Float. It does give the bike a really slack seat angle and rear weight bias, though. I think the upgrade/downgrade to a 170 made it better for all around riding. Check PricePoint for a bargain 180 coil.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Universal Cycles has 15% off all fox racing shox through 11/30 with foxshox15 code which is the best i could find (as an average joe).

mtbr member
    Thanks guys... yea I've been going to the usual sites too and looking, Got to consider freight and tax as Im in Asia.. A pal got a spare 180 lying around...gonna try hassling him first
    Also looking at what my supplier could get me for the new X-fusion Vengeance coil 170mm. So far the brand is pretty under rated for the price and performance of the components.

mtbr member
    Raw audio and still bad at all these vid editing....

Compilation of the different days and trails out there.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/32334041?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="398" height="264" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>