z boaz park- Mtbr.com

Thread: z boaz park

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

z boaz park

Hey guys, just had a quick question regarding the trails at Z Boaz Park around FW. I'm currently out of the country and have plans on coming back to the states in a few weeks and going to spend some time back home in Flower Mound before I head back to SD. I have a DH bike and I was hoping to get on and log some miles and knock off some the webs and I came across this park that has a few little sections with some drop-offs and jumps. I did some reading on-line and some of the stuff is dated, so I was curious if there is any up-to-date information on this trail system and what your thoughts were? And any pictures would be fantastic. I'm no huge hucker or anything, just want to get the feel for the bike again. Thanks for your help, have a good one guys.

Z

mtbr member
    I believe there is some rather recent info re: Z-Boaz; however, I think it's on the FWMBA forum, which is unaccessible at the moment.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    FWMBA's back up...here's the latest as far as I know:

http://www.fwmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3762

and a little more info:

http://www.fwmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3754
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Z-boaz got dozed this weekend:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=488107

Sansom park is my favorite trail in the area, but be ready for some climbing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPhisher
    Z-boaz got dozed this weekend:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=488107

Sansom park is my favorite trail in the area, but be ready for some climbing.
    ya' beat me to it. That's weak! (The dozers, not you posting up first. )
    Pedigre

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    hate to say it but looked like a bunch of yahoos without helmets hucking and cr%p. i'd say FTW did the conciousanable thing before someone killed his or herself.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    hate to say it but looked like a bunch of yahoos without helmets hucking and cr%p. i'd say FTW did the conciousanable thing before someone killed his or herself.
    pfffftttt. What a goob. They should plow all the single-track trails everywhere then--you see helmetless riders on them all the time. That was a sweet DJ spot. If you ain't got the skillz to ride it--stick the the paved hike-n-bike trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    zmtthw- Shoot me a message when you get in town if your lookin' for jumps. I know of a couple good spots in the area, one being one I had a hand in building. Theres quite a few DJ'ers around here. I ripped on a 26 inch urban/dj bike for awhile, and recently went back to a 20 inch.
    Livin' the dream.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Oldskool,
    Thanks for the invite. I will totally look you up. Still have several weeks in this hell whole but soon enough haha. I really wanted to get into the DJ scene before I left. I think its insane how yall can rip that stuff. Ill be on a Dh bike, Bighit with a 40 up front. So I'm going to need tons of teaching to say the least. I'm totally up for helping build or fix anything. Over the years I have realized the different social bikes crowds. Some say its stupid but I have to disagree. I think each different group has to respect the other but at the same time, some people will come to a FR/DH spot and wont understand how to rip it, or same at a DJ spot, some people will come and start jumping at a local spot who aren't local and jack everything up, not cool. I think its a big deal in the DJ world, and I don't even come from that back ground. I think there is to much work that goes into building jumps for someone to just show up and expect to thrash. I have scene xc guys ride up a hill two by side just so a DH guy cant come ripping down. I enjoy riding xc but to be honest, they are some of the worst ever. XC is what I started one and I'm building up a new XC rig, but there are so many jacka$$'s on the trail that I just shake my head. I think all the groups can get along but there really needs to be respect and the desire to understand the other groups mind set. But enough of that soap box, but like I said, thanks again for the invite Oldskool and hopefully you and your crew wont mind me crashing all over the place. I have about zero skill when it comes to DJ'ing. But I will help build and re-build haha.
    Thanks guys for the info on that park, thats blows that they took it town. At the end of the day, people have to be safe and not stupid. Even though it blows at times to get padded up, in the long run its the smartest move. But I think cities have to realize that the old world of football and baseball and classic sports are starting to get dated and the new school of sports is coming with full force. And that statment is coming form someone that has played classic sports since day one in texas where football is everything. Alright, this post is getting long enough. Have a good guys, and thanks again.

Z

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hey man, its all about having a good time. The group I jump with was the same group I dug with 8 years ago, and before that it was the group I raced BMX with. We have kids come around all the time, they fall left and right, but they are learning and having fun at the same time. They pick up a shovel and help dig when need be, and I respect that. I hear ya' on the different kind of crowds out there. I'm mainly an XC'er nowadays. Still get funny looks when I stop on a trail because I found a good lip or something I can rip off of and play around on for a bit. You can sell all your dirt jumping bikes, hell get out of it completely, and all in all, your still going to be a dirt jumper, haha. I respect all kinds of riding, because after all, your all doing just that, riding. Its pretty laid back here though. Get with me when your down here for sure.
    Livin' the dream.

Members who have read this thread: 0