Yeti Texas Demo Tour! March 7-15- Mtbr.com

Sep 2008

Yeti Texas Demo Tour! March 7-15

Saturday, March 7th. Tyler State Park 9a-2p

Sunday, March 8th, Rocky Hill Ranch, Smithville, TX 9a-2p

Friday, March 13th demo/happy hour. University Cyclery, Austin, TX 3p-7p (beer!)

Saturday, March 14th, Flat Rock Ranch, Comfort, TX 9a-2p

Sunday, March 15th, Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park, Austin, TX 9a-2p

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I know where I will be on the 15th! Thanks for posting this!
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

Pedaler of dirt
    I may need to plan a trip to Rocky Hill on the 8th.

What's the list of bikes included in the Tour as I'm sort of interested in the Arc?

Plus, will there be anything to fit the lanky rider, 6'5"?
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Been wanting to check out Rock Hill Ranch anyway! Looking forward to it! What would one expect from this Yeti Demo Tour as I've never experienced this type of thing?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    They usually have an array of the ASR, 575, and a few years back they brought some ASX's but that's obviously replaced by the Seven now. I recall a DJ too! I did get to ride a 303 they brought to Mad Duck in Grapevine 2 years ago, it was sick.

They had most of the models in different sizes and out on a rack in front of the truck and you just ride them.

One would assume that it will be the same format again maybe even have a 4X bike and the BMX/Jared Graves bike, at least one could hope. I am no longer a part of the Tribe, but Seth and the guys there at Yeti are great and it should be a fun weekend regardless.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yeticycles.com
    Saturday, March 7th. Tyler State Park 9a-2p

Sunday, March 8th, Rocky Hill Ranch, Smithville, TX 9a-2p

Friday, March 13th demo/happy hour. University Cyclery, Austin, TX 3p-7p (beer!)

Saturday, March 14th, Flat Rock Ranch, Comfort, TX 9a-2p

Sunday, March 15th, Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park, Austin, TX 9a-2p
    Heya!

The Tyler demo has changed from at the State Park to at Elite Bicycles, 610 Shelley Dr., Tyler Texas.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Was thinking of making the 2+ hour trip to Tyler State Park for the demo and riding. Now that it has moved to a shop does that mean no test riding of any significance??

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    bump, see you on sunday
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey guys,

I'm not exactly new to the sport, been riding for about 8 months and I love it, but I'm definitely not as seasoned as most of you are. I'm interested in coming out Saturday to Flat Rock and checking out some of the bikes. I have never been to demo days before and I'd like to know what should I expect? What should I bring? I just want to set my expectations right and not make an arse of myself.
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

I DON'T avoid rocks.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckshotJones
    Hey guys,

I'm not exactly new to the sport, been riding for about 8 months and I love it, but I'm definitely not as seasoned as most of you are. I'm interested in coming out Saturday to Flat Rock and checking out some of the bikes. I have never been to demo days before and I'd like to know what should I expect? What should I bring? I just want to set my expectations right and not make an arse of myself.
    Bring your usual ride stuff and PEDALS. If you ride clip in pedals, they will mount them up for you.

I sure hope comfort holds up in the rain!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Bring your usual ride stuff and PEDALS. If you ride clip in pedals, they will mount them up for you.

I sure hope comfort holds up in the rain!

Awesome man...thanks!
    Last question, is there a deposit when you demo a bike?
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

I DON'T avoid rocks.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckshotJones
    Awesome man...thanks!
    Last question, is there a deposit when you demo a bike?

I believe that you will need your drivers license and a credit card.

No worries though, anthonys is a top knotch guy.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Jan 2004
    I just talked to the land owner, Sadly 'tis too wet to do the demo at Comfort.

Walnut Creek on Sunday should still be a go though.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Walnut Creek trails are still going to be soaked, I hope the sun comes out on Sunday!
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Todays ride was awesome......WTF Yeti? No-show at Walnut Creek. We got there at noon and the parking lot was deserted. Sun came out 20 minutes later and it turned out to be a gorgeous day! Thanks for the update and my huge waste of time and gas...luckily my friends and I are all optimists and made the best of our day and rode for 7 hours.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrain
    Todays ride was awesome......WTF Yeti? No-show at Walnut Creek. We got there at noon and the parking lot was deserted. Sun came out 20 minutes later and it turned out to be a gorgeous day! Thanks for the update and my huge waste of time and gas...luckily my friends and I are all optimists and made the best of our day and rode for 7 hours.
    Was the trail dry?

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Dry enough. There were about 20 other riders out there.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Dry enough. There were about 20 other riders out there.
    Dry enough? WC is pretty black/white when it comes to dry. Yeah, after 3 days of rain (and WC got a shower at 9am sunday), only you and 19 other people were hopeful enough that it was dry.

WC doesn't drain well and the mud turns to bugglegum in lots of spots.

Look, I don't care if you rode there when it is wet, I might ride there once a year, but out of respect for the work that ARR and other riders put into the system, try and keep your impact to a minimum.

Go ride CP if you want to ride a trial that is wet.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Keep your liberal BS to a minimum. I am my own judge of whether a trail is ridable in soft conditions [snow, rain, dew] I've been building trails long enough to realize that riding in slosh is not only crappy riding, but pisses the trail builder(s) off.

What the hell is wrong with people thinking they are a fukcing official and that what they know, no one else does? Were you there on the same day I was? Were you sampling soil density that day? If not, GTFH CZ and stop counting posts and attributing it to someones knowledge of the sport.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Good god almighty we was panning for gold...down at the banks of the mighty Colorado!!!!!!!
    _CLUTCH_

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Keep your liberal BS to a minimum..
    [I]What the hell is wrong with people thinking they are a fukcing official and that what they know, no one else does? Were you there on the same day I was? Were you sampling soil density that day? If not, GTFH CZ and stop counting posts and attributing it to someones knowledge of the sport.
    Old lighting-wit strikes again, usually when someone makes a revision to a post, they tone down their self righteous and insulting tone, not the opposite.

Like I said, I don't ride there. I ride trails that offer something more suited to my inclination.
    OH, counting posts...seems you are the one paying attention to that. They can eliminate that stat fwiw.

The demo was canceled because the trails were muddy. Yes, they should have notified you in this thread, but it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to happen...due to trail conditions.

Even over at another board, they state that just today the WC trails are
    Quote Originally Posted by ilike2bike View Post
    WCP is NOT too wet to ride. Nice and tacky. Back wheel not spinning out nearly as much as usual (yes I do realize proper riding technique can also fix this issue).
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 03-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0