Yeti is recruiting for AS-R Carbon XC Team- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Yeti is recruiting for AS-R Carbon XC Team

Yeti Cycles is looking for xc riders/racers of all levels for the AS-R Carbon XC Team. We have a strong following in Colorado but are looking to branch out. Texas is one of the key markets we've identified and would like to build a team to get exposure for the AS-R C by identifying and sponsoring influential riders in the area. This team will have access to below pro-deal pricing on the Yeti AS-R C. The goal is to showcase the racing prowess and versatility of the Yeti AS-R C. team members will also receive pro team management and deals on other cycling products.Contact Team Manager if interested
    Nick Ramey- Yeti AS-R C Team Manager
    [email protected]

Big Boy
    do you really mean "riders/racers of all levels" ? There has to be some kind of requirement. right?...
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!! :cornut:

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    do you really mean "riders/racers of all levels" ? There has to be some kind of requirement. right?...
    Yep- all levels. The commitments for this brand ambassador program are more about getting positive exposure for this bike and the yeti brand through participating in group rides, posting frequent blogs on the team site, and helping grow the team in your area by referring people who enjoy xc riding/racing. There are some specific rider demographics that are ideal but your racing level isn't one of them.

mtbr member
    AS-R Carbon XC Team ≠ 29"

Get with the program Yeti

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    AS-R Carbon XC Team ≠ 29"

Get with the program Yeti
    Looks Like we have a Hater Here ? I Think it's because he rides a canofale and cant hang with the Big Boys from Colorado !!!

This is awesome for Yeti to do in TX ,There are only a few bike shops that can get then or even carry a bike or 2 in there shop.. Good JoB Yeti for doing a great job !!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    Looks Like we have a Hater Here ? I Think it's because he rides a canofale and cant hang with the Big Boys from Colorado !!!

This is awesome for Yeti to do in TX ,There are only a few bike shops that can get then or even carry a bike or 2 in there shop.. Good JoB Yeti for doing a great job !!
    Right on, Chris! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The interest in the team from the TX/TMBRA riders has been amazing!! My inbox is flooded. Having a great time talking to some strong riders and great people out in TX!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nramey View Post
    The interest in the team from the TX/TMBRA riders has been amazing!! My inbox is flooded. Having a great time talking to some strong riders and great people out in TX!
    rock On nramey Dont Mind Hall9000 he is just a hater !! I told hime to come up to Colorado to ride with the big boys a few months back and he got his granny panties all tight !!

mtbr member
    Nick Ramey does Yeti have any aspirations of making a full suspension 29” bike?

Just a suggestion perhaps you should attend a TMBRA race and then realize that 99% of Texas CAT 1 racers are on 29” bikes and a majority of CAT 2’s is on them along with CAT 3’s therefore if Yeti wishes to break into the Texas market they better come up with something other than the bigtop 29r.

Just sayin’…

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nick Ramey does Yeti have any aspirations of making a full suspension 29” bike?

Just a suggestion perhaps you should attend a TMBRA race and then realize that 99% of Texas CAT 1 racers are on 29” bikes and a majority of CAT 2’s is on them along with CAT 3’s therefore if Yeti wishes to break into the Texas market they better come up with something other than the bigtop 29r.

Just sayin’…
    Hey There, Hal 9000. Yeti has all kinds of plans, let me just say that They are always on top of the latest and greatest. I'm sure you will like the 2013 line. That said, I can't stand 29" wheels! Sorry, just me. They seem like overkill with full suspension, too heavy for xc racing, and a real pain for my old, fat ass to get around switchbacks quickly enough. Nothing to do with Yeti, of course, just my opinion. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

I think the play on the word Cannondale would only be funny if you implied it were to be a failure to ride one, therefore, calling it a Cannonfail would be much funnier than the butchered word you used.
    Hal9000 has an excellent point. Yeti has been a top brand for years, and the fast that they have next to no offerings for 29er riders(Or 27.5 for that matter) is a bit of a shame.
    Gotta say thanks to nramey though, because offering riders other than the upper echelon the chance for a "sponsorship" is rare and incredible.
    Hammerheadbikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nramey View Post
    Hey There, Hal 9000. Yeti has all kinds of plans, let me just say that They are always on top of the latest and greatest. I'm sure you will like the 2013 line. That said, I can't stand 29" wheels! Sorry, just me. They seem like overkill with full suspension, too heavy for xc racing, and a real pain for my old, fat ass to get around switchbacks quickly enough. Nothing to do with Yeti, of course, just my opinion. Thanks!
    Sorry when I think of “modern” Yeti Cycles XC racing doesn’t come to mind same goes for Ellsworth, Foes and Intense cycles.

If you are trying penetrate the XC racing market in Texas I strongly suggest you drop the anti 29er rhetoric this is Texas not Colorado.

I highly doubt Yeti 2013 lineup is going to beat the benchmark for XC racing the S Works Epic 29er

Just trying to help…

Livin' the Dream
    My Scalpel 29er Carbon 1 is over 2 lbs lighter than the Yeti ASR-C I sold to buy it. Just sayin'. Having said that, this is a cool idea from a cool company. Best of luck to you Nick.
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

mtbr member
    Sorry when I think of “modern” Yeti Cycles XC racing doesn’t come to mind same goes for Ellsworth, Foes and Intense cycles.

If you are trying penetrate the XC racing market in Texas I strongly suggest you drop the anti 29er rhetoric this is Texas not Colorado.

I highly doubt Yeti 2013 lineup is going to beat the benchmark for XC racing the S Works Epic 29er <=== Joking right?

Just trying to help…
    Um you tool have you seen the SB-95 ? I bet not cuz your a Poser.. Come to Colorado and ride them funny wheels here and see how fast you have it handed to you with the Bog Boys !!

mtbr member
    Um you tool have you seen the SB-95 ?
    Why would anyone need 5" of travel in Texas?

mtbr member
    Why would anyone need 5" of travel in Texas?
    Umm 5 is the Norm Why would you want any less? Unless your a Poser Then Yes you can use only 2 just to show off !! I take it that you have not been out to Walnut Creek and Bluff Creek Ranch , Oh wait real men would ride here VS Posers !!!

mtbr member
    Umm 5 is the Norm Why would you want any less?
    XC racing boils down to who can climb faster and corner better than your competition more or less a XC race is a time trial on dirt with a mass sprint start.

Therefore having the lightest most efficient bike helps just look at the XC rigs of the world cup racing teams I just don’t see the Yeti SB-95 even coming close to what is out for XC racing from Specialized, Scott, Cannondale, Trek and Giant.

It’s been decades since Yeti has had a XC team they are known more for Downhill, freeride and trail bikes. So I find it somewhat odd that Yeti is now trying some grassroots program in Texas for XC racing when the vast majority of “fast” racers are already on teams such as Bicycle Sports Shop, PACC and Bike Barn etc...

Who exactly are they gonna recruit other than mid-pack CAT 2’s or the casual CAT 3 racer?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Texas is a 29 game

I highly doubt Yeti 2013 lineup is going to beat the benchmark for XC racing the S Works Epic 29er

Just trying to help…
    While HAL is know for trolling, he is making very valid points here. Texas XC riding & racing is a 29er game and that fact is inarguable. Anyone that believes otherwise has either been asleep for the last 3-5 years of Texas racing or has a very different dog in the hunt.

Since this is a Texas forum and Nick is trying to break into Texas riding/racing with his bikes then HAL's suggestions that Yeti offer Texas style XC bikes is perfectly valid to this thread.

Personally I was going to email Nick to see about his offering, but after checking out the bike I decided I'd be unwilling to spend money (however great the deal) on another 26 bike for Texas. If next year's offering includes 29 XC bikes and Nick returns with his offer he'll get an email from me for sure
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    ^what he said...
    Hammerheadbikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    HAL just got a boner
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How is that any different than any other single pivot design EVER created?
    Hammerheadbikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
    How is that any different than any other single pivot design EVER created?
    its closer to VPP than single pivot which is why Santa Cruz is suing Yeti....

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've been telling Rickard at ORP to get back into mtb's and sell yeti. Yeti should call that *** and map out a business plan.

You can send me a frame, but buying its not happening. I'm that fast.
    :thumbsup: believe in yourself! I believe in you! :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    I've been telling Rickard at ORP to get back into mtb's and sell yeti. Yeti should call that *** and map out a business plan.

You can send me a frame, but buying its not happening. I'm that fast.
    I'm not empirically fast, but my potent skepticism lends me speed.

=====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm slow as hell. But i'll buy that badboy used, break it and cry over not having warranty.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I love you guys getting so butthurt you have to leave negative feedback.
    Hammerheadbikes.com

Wanderer
    I would only be interested if the frame was a sealed titanium filled with super helium thus giving it a weight of -.5 pounds.

Actually just make the inside of the tubes a total vacuum! Now it will be down to a -1 pounds! I like it!

Members who have read this thread: 0