Work Party - Memorial Park Houston TX Sat. 11/20 0830-1200- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Work Party - Memorial Park Houston TX Sat. 11/20 0830-1200

Cross post from the GHORBA forums - we are going to be doing trail work at Memorial Park in Houston this weekend. If you're interested I encourage you to come out and help. If you've never done trail work, we have people on hand who are experienced and will teach you. We will also have some extra tools.

We finally have some moisture in the soil to do some of the badly needed trail maintenance. This work party is going to be focused on deberming the green trail. As you know, things have been very dry lately and this will have caused the soil to loosen up and it ends up forming berms along the side of the trail. This keeps water on the trail which means that when it rains, the trails erode more and get muddier. This keeps the trails closed for longer sooooooo, if you want the trails to be open sooner after a rainfall, this is a good way to help.

We are going to meet at the double gates just off Memorial Drive near the trailhead for the green trail. Google 6501 Memorial Drive if in question.

Good tools to bring will be gloves, flat blade shovels, water, and possibly bug spray if those nasty little guys don't get killed off by then.

If there are any weather questions, check here for updates.

Any other questions, please ask.

GHORBA Forum Thread: http://www.ghorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2175

Big Damn Hero
    Was out there riding this AM, didn't see any work parties on the green trail. What time were you all out there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRsteve
    Was out there riding this AM, didn't see any work parties on the green trail. What time were you all out there?
    830 AM - Noon

And we succesfully debermed a significant portion of the trail, corrected many long standing drainage issues, etc. End result: trails should be open sooner after a rain.

Big Damn Hero
    Huh, well we must have just missed you one way or another.

From one rider to another, thanks for the work on the trails! I just joined GHORBA this week myself, so I hope to make it out to some of the future events and meet some new faces.

Members who have read this thread: 0