The Woodlands- Mtbr.com

Thread: The Woodlands

Drinking the Slick_Juice

The Woodlands

i doubt there would be any here or in spring but i gotta ask, is there any and if so any riders?
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    that name cracks me up ! lol

i am, therefore, i ride
    Plenty of riders up in the Woodlands and Spring area. Trails around Woodlands area? You got it! I'm surprised you're not familiar with them if you live around the area.
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    yea the spring zip i have is 77380 and i dont know of any riders here or in the woodlands
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

i am, therefore, i ride
    Your zip is Spring/Woodlands area. Carl Barton Jr Park and Flinridge trail is right on your doorstep. The Woodlands Cycling Club is a great place to start. They also have a good racing team. Get hooked up with GHORBA and you will find plenty of riders. In short, get involved and you will be surprised to find out what you've been missing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm just visiting here, and rode cypresswood park at Airline-Stuebner & Cypresswood yesterday. I thought it was pretty good for the convenient location, though I didn't get much past the TC Jester construction area as the trails were pretty trashed up there. I hit it on a CX bike though since that's all I have with me. I'll be bringing an SS next time I'm in town.

i am, therefore, i ride
    Arkadi, thanks for visiting our trail. The Collins side trail is good, the Black Diamond is clear and rideable, the West side trails has just been opened and re-routed. Unfortunately, the trails East of TC Jester to the bowl area still needs to be cleared. The crew worked on it today and should be finish and open up by next weekend. We're having a work party next Saturday, Oct 18th. Sun & Ski will provide lunch after the work party. They'll have a grill going at Collins Park and hand out swags to everyone who shows up and help out.

Hit me up next time you visit and we can give you a tour of the entire trail system.

mtbr member
    There are tons of riders in your area. Just show up to one of our group rides in Huntsville every other Sunday or talk to Ken at BikeLane on FM1960.

Another option would be to check out the website of the Woodlands Cycling Club.
    I'm Confused . . . Wait a Minute, No I'm Not . . .

Members who have read this thread: 0