Why ??- Mtbr.com

Thread: Why ??

blet drive

... and if we just ... Why ??

Why do people feel the urge to sanitize trails even when the stunt has a go around or is off to the side of a trail and there is plenty of room for you to ride around it. Lake bryan doesnot have that much tech stuff so please stop sanitizing the trails..

Also why are the trails all marked so that that one would ride them one way?? there is plenty of room to ride them both directions.. Is there a reason for this?? If so do they ever change the sings to mix it up a bit.. Other wise it becomes the same old thing over and over again..

Does any know if there is more room to expand the trails out there as well?? If not is there another local that could be used to make more trails, like near the air port??
    thanks
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Many trails are marked one-way for safety reasons. Sure, the trail may be wide enough to allow travel in both directions, but if you were flying around a corner would you be thinking of when to let off the brakes or how much to lean, or would you be thinking about the potential for a kid on two wheels to be coming around the corner, or potentially worse yet, someone else thinking about whether they can make the turn at the speed they are traveling? Regardless of the trail being wide enough, as it's a rare person that sticks to one side of a trail, you seek the best line and sometimes that may involve riding the inside of a left turn or the outside of a right.

As for whether they change it up, I can't say, but that wouldn't be a bad thought. It'd be like having two trails in the same location, just at different times!
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    illegal/unapproved stunts on private property will be removed due to liability issues, period. Also be prepared for do gooder XC types to remove stunts to make themselves feel better. As far as trail direction goes,on the less traveled trails I go any direction I feel but I do pay attention to the blind corners. Here in DFW the local MTB organization reverses the trail direction from time to time on some of the more popular trails. It all boils down to organization a nd legalities. Get your ducks in a row and you can have your cake and eat it too.

if you do not understand any of this dont complain to me because I may either....

blet drive
    thanks i just never lived any were were there are one way trails so was wondering why the fuss.. and the so called stunts are log piles that are less than knee high.. people feel the need to make them selves better and the trail wider..GREAT! We do need more land access that is for sure..

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    I'd say before building any log piles or making any obsticles, consult the local managers of the trails and ask them permission. We have been having a similar problem with our local trails, in that some people want to dig up rocks and make it a speedway. Just make sure you are on the same page as whoever looks after the trails.

blet drive
    all good ideas.. thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0