Who's doing the Southern Enduro Tour?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Who's doing the Southern Enduro Tour?

Just curious to see who else was planning on doing part/all the Southern Enduro Tour. I signed up for the Tyler race later this month, and my plan is to go to Dino Valley and definitely the race at Sansom since that's my home trail.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Man the Texas board is dead lately.

I'm figuring on doing the Dino Valley race, it was a blast last year in its first (and mine) venture into the Enduro racing format. Trying to get my wife to do it with me...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I only did the Tyler race last year, and was out of town for the Dino Valley race. I had a blast as well, and this year I saw that they also have the "enduro experience" class where it's not timed if someone wants to ride the trails along with the racers.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yeah, I also noticed they changed the class categories... Not that I'm going to be winning any classes. They just don't have amateur in my slow, old, beer drinking group. Definitely think I'll do Dino again, not sure about Samson...?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sansom will be fun. There is the Klunkytown Klassic the day before, so if you don't do the enduro race at least come out for the Klunkytown.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The Tyler Enduro is this sunday, and from the schedule it sounds like it's going to be a blast.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Are you in? I'm waiting for the Dino registration to open...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm registered and just waiting for my wheels to finish getting built at the shop. I may be wrong, but i thought registration was already open for all the races in this series.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm a little confused cause when I was on bikereg.com to register for the Dino, the cart page that came up next showed the Tyler event at the top of the page...?? No worries I have plenty of time! Guess I'll try again and call someone if it still isn't clear.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm in for the Dino. race in a little less than 3 weeks! 5 stages this year with 2 new courses... How was the Tyler race MatadorCE?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The Tyler race was tough. Long transfers, and there were 5 stages that we did twice so a total of 10 stages for a total of about 20 miles. I'm going to play it by ear for the Dino race. With all the rain this week, I'd rather not be trying to race on wet rocks at a place I've never been before.