who rides at Bluff Creek??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

who rides at Bluff Creek??

just curious who rides at this camp up in Warda.

what are some of the times turned there for this 10 mile loop?

who has the fastest time?

Aug 2005
    2004 race results it was a dry course this should give you a good idea

http://www.tmbra.org/results/spring_...a/tresults.htm

Got Mojo?
    Austin Bike just did a little blurb on it....

http://www.austinbike.com/mtb/warda/index.asp
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Get your cameras ready...

this SS riding fool from the flat lands of Pasadena/Houston area is going to be making appearances. Trying to convince some friends to come along. My wife's grandmother lives just down 71 from there, so free place to camp (or crash out).

Warning... picture taken of me in hills might turn out like pictures of Bigfoot... blurry.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMike
    this SS riding fool from the flat lands of Pasadena/Houston area is going to be making appearances. Trying to convince some friends to come along. My wife's grandmother lives just down 71 from there, so free place to camp (or crash out).

Warning... picture taken of me in hills might turn out like pictures of Bigfoot... blurry.
    There are no significant hills at Warda, though after several laps, what elevation they do have will be amplified a bit. And I guess, compared to Houston, the climbs will be...something you might not be used to.

D

mtbr member
    I'll be heading out this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
    "Time wounds all heals." - Unknown

Mtc
    mtbr member
    12 hr race next weekend, come test yourself. My first endurance race was there. By the end I was done with that place a week later I couldn't wait to get back.
    Support TX racing, its starting to dwindel.

Later,
    James

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    it's a nice trail espically for 12 hour racing, here are my splits from last year. I only got 5th

:59 :56 :59 1:05 1:06 1:07 1:13 1:10 1:06 1:09 1:10

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    my spilts were exaclty 12 hours the winners was 14 laps in 13 hours

:50 :49 :52 :53 :52 :53 :53 :57 :58 :58 :56 :56 1:09 1:06

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    me and three of my friends will be out there this weekend for the 12 hour race.aught to be fun.

i turned a 53 minute lap last time but i hear they take out the climb and turnaround the donkey trail.should still be fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    me and three of my friends will be out there this weekend for the 12 hour race.aught to be fun.

i turned a 53 minute lap last time but i hear they take out the climb and turnaround the donkey trail.should still be fun.
    the trail should be the same it's just run in the normal direction so the climb is down a descent.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    no the part i am talking about is after the gas pass and after you go through the field on the lower part.thats when you take the long uphill that at the top does a 180 then you go down the donkey trail(the one that is stepped).

i talked to the guy and he said they were cutting this part out but adding some to the upper pasture.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    no the part i am talking about is after the gas pass and after you go through the field on the lower part.thats when you take the long uphill that at the top does a 180 then you go down the donkey trail(the one that is stepped).

i talked to the guy and he said they were cutting this part out but adding some to the upper pasture.
    ah! Mule Trace they add about a mile of open paster along a fence line instead of MT.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the toninator
    ah! Mule Trace they add about a mile of open paster along a fence line instead of MT.
    I hate when promoters dumb down a course like that. They did it the year my five person team won our category....2001, I think.

D

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    I hate when promoters dumb down a course like that. They did it the year my five person team won our category....2001, I think.

D
    What a fun trail, just checked out Bluff creek today after work and am happy to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Rocky Hill. I can't believe that they take out the donkey section, I was just thinking a couple of hours ago how I can't wait to race this coarse...Wussy promoters SUCK!!!

(58min.) Can't wait to return and beat that time!
    Hydrate or Die Trying

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

wow

yes doc's place is nice and all but I never imagined I'd hear anybody say it was better than RockyHill---maybe it's just becoz outside of BLORA I've likely been to RHill more than any other venue. But I really like Rocky Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    What a fun trail, just checked out Bluff creek today after work and am happy to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Rocky Hill. I can't believe that they take out the donkey section, I was just thinking a couple of hours ago how I can't wait to race this coarse...Wussy promoters SUCK!!!

Got Mojo?

The TMBRA XC race is coming up soon.... March 4-5.

More info check out TMBRA.org
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

mule trace is usually in the regular XC race course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the toninator
    mule trace is usually in the regular XC race course.
    Good to know, thanks!
    Hydrate or Die Trying

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    yes doc's place is nice and all but I never imagined I'd hear anybody say it was better than RockyHill---maybe it's just becoz outside of BLORA I've likely been to RHill more than any other venue. But I really like Rocky Hill.
    On that note, I still preffer Austin's trails to BOTH of these Ranches. Do you ever make it to Austin??

Being from Pennsylvania, I preffer fast, steep, long, rocky, rooty trails with ledges to launch off of. I always appreciate a new trail though, its been such a rush moving to texas and having all this new terrain to explore.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Got Mojo?
    On that note, I still preffer Austin's trails to BOTH of these Ranches. Do you ever make it to Austin??

Being from Pennsylvania, I preffer fast, steep, long, rocky, rooty trails with ledges to launch off of. I always appreciate a new trail though, its been such a rush moving to texas and having all this new terrain to explore.

RHR and Bluff Creek are 'fun singletrack'. And in no way compare to much of anything in Austin except perhaps Walnut Creek or Muleshoe.

Austin/Central Texas riding is supurb. Don't be afraid to venture down to the San Antonio area...
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    RHR and Bluff Creek are 'fun singletrack'. And in no way compare to much of anything in Austin except perhaps Walnut Creek or Muleshoe.

Austin/Central Texas riding is supurb. Don't be afraid to venture down to the San Antonio area...
    I've never ridden San A., if I was to make a weekend out of it, what are the 2 best places you can reccomend for technical singletrack.
    -Rob
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Got Mojo?
    I've never ridden San A., if I was to make a weekend out of it, what are the 2 best places you can reccomend for technical singletrack.
    -Rob
    The best of the best is probably found at the Hill Country State Natural Area, Bandera. We were talking the other day, that we are overdue for a ride out there...

Again I reference
    Austin Bike

Also in SA there is the recently openned Government Canyon State Natural Area. Fun, but not overly technical.
    Last edited by BikeMojo; 02-03-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    The best of the best is probably found at the Hill Country State Natural Area, Bandera. We were talking the other day, that we are overdue for a ride out there...

Again I reference
    Austin Bike

Also in SA there is the recently openned Government Canyon State Natural Area. Fun, but not overly technical.
    Lets pick a Sunday and we can all shoot down to Bandera! This Sunday or next are good for me.
    Last edited by PAINpusher; 02-03-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Got Mojo?
    Lets pick a Sunday and we can all shoot down to Bandera! This Sunday or next are good for me.

Lemme work on it.... Next Sunday would be the one for me.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Got Mojo?
    How's Sunday the 12th, around 11am?
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    That sounds cool, we'll watch the weather and see what happens.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004

Wink

Alan,

Do you mind if I join you? I might be available that weekend and itching to ride...away from Austin.

D

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    Alan,

Do you mind if I join you? I might be available that weekend and itching to ride...away from Austin.

D

DeWayne, you are always welcome.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Got Mojo?

17 peeps out for the ride.

aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Members who have read this thread: 0