Where should I ride?- Mtbr.com
    CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Where should I ride?

I had planned to go spend a night at Pace Bend park with my wife and ride the trails this weekend. The weather should be excellent for camping/riding. She's bailing out on me so I'm looking to take either a day trip...or decide if camping alone isn't as weird and depressing as it sounds and just go for it.

Are Pace Bend's trails worth the 70 mile drive or should I give Flat Rock Ranch a try for a day trip? I'm not sure I could do the tougher trail at FRR. From what I've read it may be too much for me. I've never road either place, just around San Antonio for the most part. I'm open to other suggestions also if anyone has one.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'll be watching.
    My wife and I make periodic trips south to the hill country from North Texas to ride new to us trails. Have not ridden either of these trails, however, we drove to Fredricksburg for an over-niter to ride FRR a couple of years back and it poured down rain late that night killing that plan...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Pace Bend is well worth the camping trip as the park is top notch. Plus the entrance fee gets you into Reimers Ranch which is about 15-20 minutes away.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Pace Bend is good. If you're going to camp I would recommend Colorado Bend State Park - fantastic trail network and beautiful campsites, but check availability. Reveille Peak is another popular spot. I'd rank them both above Pace Bend but they are a bit further out.

I can easily spend all day riding and enjoying CoBend and RPR. Pace Bend is more like a long morning or maybe a half day. All three have really great trails.