• 07-30-2011
    terrasmak
    Where to ride in Witchita Falls
    Rolled in to Sheppard, and have a day before class starts. Where does everyone go out here ? I brought a cross country bike with me.
  • 07-30-2011
    ArmySlowRdr
    Weechita Trail. Pick it up right in front of Texhoma Bike Shop--or you can pick it up behind the Holiday Inn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
    Rolled in to Sheppard, and have a day before class starts. Where does everyone go out here ? I brought a cross country bike with me.

• 07-31-2011
    terrasmak
    Cool i dropped by and looked today. Still need to unpack the bike. Any other places that people ride?
  • 08-02-2011
    Pedigre
    That's all you really have on this side of the border, as you can see here. The next closest thing is Lake Arrowhead State Park...don't waste the gas if it's just for biking.
  • 08-12-2011
    terrasmak

Wichita Falls riding
    What a great ride this afternoon, i started the trail head at 6;30 , nice and cool. Had a blast. This is my 3rd time here, 96 for Tech School, 03 for 7 level school and now NCOA.

BTW these trails are fun.
  • 08-12-2011
    Waltah
    i feel your pain. i went through avionics tech school there in 05. i wish sheppard afb on no one.

and im an optimist. i always say "it is what you make of it". but that isnt the case with sheppard. the only good thing were the chow halls, loved them. other than that.....yikes.

hopefully you can enjoy the trails and have something to do.
  • 08-13-2011
    ArmySlowRdr
    I just had (over Easter) had a great nephew go through munitions tech school there. I rode the weechita and he got a pass and we took him up to my old stomping grounds of Ft Sill/Wildlife Refuge/Meers.

He didn't have anything bad to say about the AFB at all; sounded like he enjoyed it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
    i feel your pain. i went through avionics tech school there in 05. i wish sheppard afb on no one.

and im an optimist. i always say "it is what you make of it". but that isnt the case with sheppard. the only good thing were the chow halls, loved them. other than that.....yikes.

• 08-13-2011
    terrasmak
    What a nice day, heading over to the Trailhead now.
  • 08-21-2011
    JetTeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Waltah View Post

Which airframe? I was the element chief for F-16 avionics at that time. Been with F-22 Program Management since 2007.

Holy crap...I have been at Sheppard for 21 years. Came here as a young SSgt in 1990. Been here ever since.
  • 09-06-2011
    terrasmak
    Well a couple more days till i head back to Vegas, i finally got under and hour on the trail. 59 minutes, 30 seconds to be exact.
  • 09-06-2011
    ArmySlowRdr
    trail is awesome; 1st half of the vid is of the trail...
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28504675?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" frameborder="0" height="225" width="400"></iframe>2011 Hotter N Hell 100 Weekend from Pete K on Vimeo.
  • 10-20-2011
    Creavis81
    Rode the trail for the first time. It was a blast. Almost bit it a couple of times but made it out safely. It took an hour and 37 min. I am going to try to get back out couple more times before my boy gets his first mountain bike in two weeks, then I will get him out there.
  • 11-10-2011
    terrasmak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Creavis81 View Post
    Rode the trail for the first time. It was a blast. Almost bit it a couple of times but made it out safely. It took an hour and 37 min. I am going to try to get back out couple more times before my boy gets his first mountain bike in two weeks, then I will get him out there.

Thats about how long it took me the first time, i got down to 57 minutes before i left in 6 weeks.
  • 11-11-2011
    phatdub9
    Definitely going to check this out when i go to NCOA in jan. I just picked up a bike, and want to bring it with me.
  • 11-14-2011
    terrasmak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by phatdub9 View Post
    Definitely going to check this out when i go to NCOA in jan. I just picked up a bike, and want to bring it with me.

I bought my bike about 2 months before i went out there for NCOA, having my bike with me made all the difference.
  • 11-18-2011
    Creavis81
    Just got done with a good ride this morning. Seen a bobcat in the middle of the trail waiting on me I guess then he got scared. Was able to do it in an hour and ten minutes. Now time for a nap and get ready for four night of work.