Where to ride near Garner State Park?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Where to ride near Garner State Park?

Hi all...anyone have a recommendation for where to ride within 10 miles or so of Garner State Park? Thanks.....

mtbr member
    I don't know the area too well, but you can actually ride in Garner State Park (didn't know if you knew that or not.)
    2008 Specialized Safire Comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swthrtsuzy
    I don't know the area too well, but you can actually ride in Garner State Park (didn't know if you knew that or not.)
    This is true, but at 3 miles and only about a tech level of 1, would you really want to if you had other options...such as Camp Eagle, Hill Country SNA, Kickapoo Caverns SP, et al. Of course, none of those are within what I like to refer to as the Brunson 10 (in honor of a friend of mine who all too often refuses to do anything outside of his 10 mile safe zone).
    You can check out our Trails Googlemap to see just how far these other options are.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Dang State Park Handbook doesn't say that! Or, if you're willing to go a little farther, Gov't Canyon in San Antonio, or even Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort are certainly worth a look.
    2008 Specialized Safire Comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swthrtsuzy
    Dang State Park Handbook doesn't say that! Or, if you're willing to go a little farther, Gov't Canyon in San Antonio, or even Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort are certainly worth a look.
    Two very good suggestions, as well.

ridelkagrl >> where are you coming from? Perhaps instead of driving from Garner to any of these, you could maybe hit them on the way in or out or both.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I suggest taking a road bike. Lots of great riding in that area. Camp Eagle is probably closer than HCSNA, but still at least an hour away.

mtbr member
    Last summer I just did a lot of riding on some slicks around all the country roads. We go to Concan every summer for July 4th for about a week and hang out. Beautiful place, fresh cold waters, relaxing atmosphere. There's a lot of private land, so I've never really tried exploring off-road options (within a 10 mile zone). I can't wait to get back there again.

Members who have read this thread: 0