Where to ride in Austin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Where to ride in Austin

I will be traveling through Austin in early January to watch cross nationals. Looking to get a few recommendations for the best trails that Austin has to offer this time of year. I enjoy both rocks and flow.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    I will be traveling through Austin in early January to watch cross nationals.
    I can't help you.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If you ping me with enough time, I can show you the trails. Need to know your technical skill level. Our trails are rocky and technical but a lot of fun. Take a look at my site to see what it is like here.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike View Post
    If you ping me with enough time, I can show you the trails. Need to know your technical skill level. Our trails are rocky and technical but a lot of fun. Take a look at my site to see what it is like here.
    Thanks for the response. I looked over your site, which has a lot of info and seemed great to connect people with their level of riding. However, I am an experienced rider (2o years) looking for the best of Austin at any level. I am recently retired and was hoping to see what different areas have to offer. Austin was listed as a top city for retirement. I live in northern NJ where the trails are very rocky, so rocks are familiar to me. However I am open to experience new things. Jan 9 and 10 are looking like the most likely days that I may be able to spend time riding.

Also, are there any mountain bike trails within riding distance to Zilker Park where cross national are held?

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    The trail head for the crown jewel of Austin MTBing, Barton creek greenbelt, IS Zilker park.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Bring a full squishy bike and let a semi-retired 50 year old show you what our biking is all about. Make sure you have a big camelback because there are plenty of miles to ride out there. You can ride to the greenbelt from zilker (that is one end of the trail). I'll ride down from my house (about 5 miles north) and meet you at the trailhead.

You will see rocks. You will see ledges.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike View Post
    Bring a full squishy bike and let a semi-retired 50 year old show you what our biking is all about. Make sure you have a big camelback because there are plenty of miles to ride out there. You can ride to the greenbelt from zilker (that is one end of the trail). I'll ride down from my house (about 5 miles north) and meet you at the trailhead.

You will see rocks. You will see ledges.
    Sounds great! I may take you up on a tour. I'll post back a few days before I get there.