Where to find Five Ten Impact 2 Highs in Houston?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where to find Five Ten Impact 2 Highs in Houston?

I've been calling around and searching the internet trying to find a retail store in Houston that stocks the Five Ten Impact 2 High (or hell even the lows). REI shows they carry them on the website but neither store has them or seems can get them (backorder status). These are the shoes I really want to get, but I simply refuse to buy shoes without trying them on first; shoes sizes and fit can vary so much. Anyone know where I can find some locally?

mtbr member
    Have you checked with these guys:

http://wholeearthprovision.com/
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Yes, I talked to them today - they only carry the Five Ten climbing shoes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

five ten shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Squirrel
    I've been calling around and searching the internet trying to find a retail store in Houston that stocks the Five Ten Impact 2 High (or hell even the lows). REI shows they carry them on the website but neither store has them or seems can get them (backorder status). These are the shoes I really want to get, but I simply refuse to buy shoes without trying them on first; shoes sizes and fit can vary so much. Anyone know where I can find some locally?

You go to www.zappos.com. order 2 sizes (they usually run small), so if you normally wear a 10 then order a 10.5, too. The shipping is free and there is no tax, You simply return the pair that doesn't fit via there free return-shipping and then you thank me later.
    Oh yeah, they usually get there in 2 days or less!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de
    You go to www.zappos.com. order 2 sizes (they usually run small), so if you normally wear a 10 then order a 10.5, too. The shipping is free and there is no tax, You simply return the pair that doesn't fit via there free return-shipping and then you thank me later.
    Oh yeah, they usually get there in 2 days or less!
    I'll keep an eye out and see if they ever get any 10.5's in. I guess I could try an 11 and see if they work, then send them back if they don't... Thanks for the link.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Squirrel
    I'll keep an eye out and see if they ever get any 10.5's in. I guess I could try an 11 and see if they work, then send them back if they don't... Thanks for the link.
    Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. Too bad there out of your size. Zappos is top notch. Use it and you'll see what I mean. Five-10s do seem to run a tad small. I have the high and low versions. The high-tops don't get used that much really as I'm usually running the low top versions. The high-tops can get in the way if you're wearing shin armor. Something to consider. Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0