Where are the best wrenches in Austin?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Where are the best wrenches in Austin?

I need to take my bike in and have it overhauled. cleaned, cables, adjustments... I need a few spokes replaced on the wheel and might get the fork serviced as well. I'm new to the city and don't know where to go. Who's good and who should I stay away from?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    BBuch, where are you located? North? South? Central? I've had good service work done at Bicycle World aka Jack Adams over on Barton Springs, I've also had good luck with Bicycle Sportshop (Parmer Lane location). I have not used the Peddler up on Parmer/Avery Ranch, but I've heard nothing but good things about those guys from other riders.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm in Steiner Ranch. Bicycle Sport Shop on Parmer was recommended to me. Curious how all compare on price, quality... leadtime...

mtbr member
    BSS is your best bet.

mtbr member
    Joe at Monkeywrench is one of the best. Better than BSS IMO. He has plenty of tmbra xc racing experience, and is the owner, so if personal touch is important try him. The builds I've had him do come out so smooth, I've named my bike "Butter" because of it. Welcome to centex.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuch View Post
    I'm in Steiner Ranch. Bicycle Sport Shop on Parmer was recommended to me. Curious how all compare on price, quality... leadtime...
    I've had BSS on Parmer do ok work and I've also had them break my bike to the point of it being unrideable. It's a total crapshoot with those guys. I'd go to The Peddler just up Parmer at the intersection of Avery Ranch. I have never had a bad repair from there. Buck's Bikes on 183 and the Oak Knoll exit is good too, but The Peddler North is much closer to you.

Take 620 north to Parmer, take a left going north. Drive right past BSS and the Taco Bell and go to Avery Ranch (the next light north). Take a right and pull into the parking lot. The Peddler is on the Avery Ranch side of the strip mall.