• 02-04-2012
    CLMcLovin
    What's dry enough to ride in/near Austin today?
    It doesn't look like NW of Austin (RPR, etc) got much rain if any. What about other places? Anything in town dry enough to ride?
  • 02-04-2012
    greenblur
    I live at the Spyglass entrance to the BCGB, it rained quite a bit last night. I'd say its a no-go.
  • 02-04-2012
    Camel Toad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by greenblur View Post
    I live at the Spyglass entrance to the BCGB, it rained quite a bit last night. I'd say its a no-go.

Man I miss living there. I lived on that street across from Taco Deli for a few years.

It poured in SW Austin too, so I would have to assume Slaughter Creek is closed.
  • 02-04-2012
    sooner518
    i was up til midnight and while it rained some, it didnt pour by any means. it may have poured after i went to bed though. I live in north Austin, about 2 miles from Walnut. Its possible Walnut may be ok, but dont be mad if you get there and its all wet

EDIT - according to weather underground, we got 0.04 inches of rain yesterday, and 0.13 so far today. I would guess Walnut would be ok (mostly dry with some muddy spots) later this afternoon....
  • 02-10-2012
    CLMcLovin
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I have a feeling this may be a weekly post, lol! All of the trails in Houston are wet again so I'm trying to convince the girlfriend we need to make another road trip. We ended up making the trip to Reveille Peak Ranch last weekend and loved it. It was sort of like BCGB and RHR combined...rocks and hills!

How are things looking this weekend? Where are the locals headed tomorrow?
  • 02-10-2012
    ARCHAIC
    Subscribed
  • 02-10-2012
    Camel Toad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Looks like tomorrow may work for some places. I am going diving at the lake though... 40 degree air, 50 degree water...good times ;)

I hope the rain that I see in the forecast for Sunday afternoon actually holds out long enough for an early ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARCHAIC View Post
    Subscribed

Post-whore!

:p just kidding :cool:
  • 02-10-2012
    greenblur
    Bikemojo is another good resource to check for trail conditions. From what I'm reading there, it looks like Reveille Peak or Pace Bend are safe bets. City Park also tends to dry quickly, however, that place is a different animal compared to RPR or PB. Super technical and lots of ledges.

BCGB had puddles before the rain Thursday night, so I doubt it will be OK. Walnut Creek is probably too wet as well.
  • 02-10-2012
    ARCHAIC
    I know how to use the thread tool. Just felt like actin like a noob
  • 02-10-2012
    austin_bike
    CP will always be good. I would guess pace bend and RPR would be good tomorrow. GB should be fine by sunday.
  • 02-10-2012
    Mr Bacon Jr
    Pace Bend is in great shape for tomorrow according to the trail steward. Be out there at 9 tomorrow morn.
  • 02-10-2012
    kaneman
    is the city motorcross place good to ride at? it rained a bunch in san antonio and me an a few other people want to head up to austin and ride.

any other places around austin good for very aggressive riding? as close to downhill as possible in texas anyway :)
  • 02-10-2012
    greenblur
    City Park generally drains well after rain. It stopped raining early Friday morning and was sunny and windy most of the day. Should be OK, however, I haven't been out there to confirm/deny. Just going on what I know about the trail.

If you have never been out there, it will definitely satisfy your itch for aggressive, technical riding.

Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnett has a dedicated Super D course that is pretty impressive. They also have a pump track, if you're into that sort of thing. Overall it is second only to City Park in terms of technical challenge.
  • 02-11-2012
    kaneman
    thanks, ive been to city park a few times and i have been wanting to try reveille peak ranch for a few weeks, so ill see what the people im going with are up for.
  • 02-13-2012
    CLMcLovin
    1 Attachment(s)
    RPR was perfect on Saturday. They really have some great views there!