What style trails would you like to see more of in Texas?- Mtbr.com

Poll: What style trails would you like to see built in Texas parks?

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008

What style trails would you like to see more of in Texas?

This is a poll and it is being used in conjunction with the other polls I have posted. Please vote than explain why you want that type of trails. If you have time, maybe include how areas offering your chosen type of ride would benefit.

I am using these polls for demographics being presented to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department in association with the San Marcos Greenbelt Alliance in San Marcos, TX. We are working on this because we have the majority of the hiking/cross country trail done and myself and a group of my friends want to expand to build more technical routes to include 'North Shore' style riding.

This IS the same project that I had mentioned before, just now the TPWD wants to see numbers and benefits to the community for offering such types of advances trail systems alongside standard mountain biking trails. If we can overcome this hurdle THIS time, who knows what it could lead to as to the progression of the whole sport!

In reference to:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=508364
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

DrQ
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I think a freeride park in San Marcos would be awesome, but I'd also like to see more xc/am trails around. Most people in Tx ride xc, but I think most of us would be interested in giving this freeride thing a look if there was actually somewhere to do it. Either way it will definitely attract more people to the sport and increase the opportunities for those of us already involved.

mtbr member
    most people in TX ride xc because that seems to be all there is to ride around here. Sure it can get pretty technical, but a fast, gravity driven spot with lots of flow and fun could potentially draw a lot of people from the hill country and throughout the state IMO. I am slightly ignorant to mtb in texas since I am new to the state, but it seems that the only way to get that type of experience would require getting out to el paso or the panhandle. If i am wrong and there is somewhere closer please tell me, I'll go there tomorrow.
    anyway, I have read your threads xterrain and I give my complements. These are exciting things. I will look often for updates

wheelie king
    Quote Originally Posted by jrocket
    a fast, gravity driven spot with lots of flow and fun
    I totally agree with jrocket. I'm from So Cal and miss that kind of riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I definitely would like to see more freeride trails be built. Different levels of traills from begginer to expert.
    Damn,
    This would be a great thing to happen. I am going to be moving to the Dallas area soon.
    Let me know when and where this stuff is.
    Thanks,
    Mctigre
    Last edited by MCtigre; 04-18-2009 at 10:49 PM.

mtbr member
    freeride/downhill !!!!!!!!!!
    I love Texas except for the lack of lift-serviced trails. www.classictattootx.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I voted for the harder technical any of the above, but only cause I couldnt vote for more than 1 choice. Id like to see some downhill, freeride, and technical trails with jumps. Some people like smooth easy stuff, but I like fast trails with near vertical drops to pick up speed with the potential for inury! lol lol

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Keep them coming, these are great starters to help get our survey built. Tell your friends to log on and vote then explain why they voted the way they did. Thank you all for helping us!
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

Dec 2008
    I want to ride some northshore stuff.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Look everyone, we as a group of riders really need to unite on this to get it done right. We are really looking for 200+ votes/responses, PLEASE get your friends, family, co-workers etc. involved. Thanks in advance for the extra effort I am asking for, I promise to give you something incredible if we can get this done!

Pedaler of dirt
    I want to see some downhill trails in Houston! First we need a hill.............
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Voted freeride because theres is very little to any of it out here and it seems more feasible to build features on the existing land rather than creating more elevation to consider a trail a DH trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    WCPT...'nuff said.

MyBikeStand.com
    What no dual slalom or 4X? Great racing and you dont need too big of a hill to run it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    One more for freeride, with progressive trails from green to double black diamond. Using more natural elements and some wooden features too.

Members who have read this thread: 0