West Texas/Hill country- Mtbr.com
    ram
    May 2010

New question here. West Texas/Hill country

Im moving to san angelo in august and i am coming from the dallas area with alot to ride around at. I have looked up trails on google but I was wondering if there were any trails specifically anyone might recommend or that I must ride. Anywhere within 60 or so miles of San Angelo is fine so distance isn't really a problem.
    "I'm gonna show you a hill that would choke a mule."

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005

Rohloff

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TWS32
    Im moving to san angelo in august and i am coming from the dallas area with alot to ride around at. I have looked up trails on google but I was wondering if there were any trails specifically anyone might recommend or that I must ride. Anywhere within 60 or so miles of San Angelo is fine so distance isn't really a problem.

X Bar Ranch

http://www.xbarranch.com/activities/cycling/

And San Angelo State Park

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f...ks/san_angelo/

Both are great fun. However you will need slime/stans.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Rohloff
    Just a note about XBar. I was just out there about a month or so ago. It's a really awesome trail but it needs a little help. With all the rain, the back section was grown over with grass. I think it needs someone local to help keep it going. You might be able to trade a little trail maintenance for free trail access.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TWS32
    Check out my friends blog of multi sport activities in San Angelo. Until last year, I've lived there on and off for 15yrs. Bill is also the one that created most of the trails at Middle Concho and the Spillway area. Those are great trails to ride, right in town (near the airport, along the Nasworthy and the spillway to the reservoir that is mostly empty). His blog has links to all of the clubs around. http://bcullins.blogspot.com/

Bill is pretty outspoken about the state park (notice his last post). It's not very friendly. Trails at the spillway are good too and free, no problems with the rangers.

Have fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0