waco camron park ride pics- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

waco camron park ride pics

thought id try and take a little day trip while i still had some of my xmas break left. so me and my friend took a day trip from houston up to waco and rode camron park. first time there and i really liked the trails they had. they are some nice little down hill sections and it was nice to really use my fs bike to its ability.

here are some pics

now this is a down hill to jump that my friend did and i was taking the pics and well you can see in the second that he bottomed out his fork and then in the last he took me out.

over all it was a great time and i would like to go back there some time.
    Last edited by Merkyworks; 01-14-2007 at 03:51 PM.

In exile
    Here's some of my pics from there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    fun place i though, it was a little steeper than i was use to. nice pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey, in my defense...I told you to get further behind that berm and not be in the middle of the dang trail...

ALX
    BLANK
    Aug 2006
    WOW that's in waco, I might have to make a road trip to check it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think it's definitely worth a road trip. We went up there from College Station just for the day, Grab some lunch and then went out and hit the trails for a few hours. I didn't expect that kind of elevation change in Waco, so I was pretty surprised. My only complaint is that the individual trails are kind of short, but as a trade off there are tons of different routes that you can make through the park. As a side note though, the maps you can find online aren't entirely accurate, they will get you around if you good at figuring maps out, but not everything is perfect and you might end up a little bit off from where you expect to be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad06ag
    I think it's definitely worth a road trip. We went up there from College Station just for the day, Grab some lunch and then went out and hit the trails for a few hours. I didn't expect that kind of elevation change in Waco, so I was pretty surprised. My only complaint is that the individual trails are kind of short, but as a trade off there are tons of different routes that you can make through the park. As a side note though, the maps you can find online aren't entirely accurate, they will get you around if you good at figuring maps out, but not everything is perfect and you might end up a little bit off from where you expect to be.
    I second that, it's a surprisingly fun and challenging network of trails, I had a great time riding it. I need to get back there when I have a free day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Owler
    Do not dispute right of way with a tree.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    But loco never calls any rides. Maybe in march when I am back in the country for a while I can get a caravan going up there.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by brad06ag
    im a local and actually live in the park (in the residential section by the root canal trailhead, not in a van down by the river) and would be more than happy to show anyone around any time. well, after i heal from being taken out by a ditzy broad in a car while on my road bike a couple of weeks ago.

the network of trails is great, and the maps have been updated. you can find one at https://www.keepwacowacko.com/2007racecourse.jpg which has the outback blowout race course for this year, but has all the other trails and is pretty dang accurate.

because its a network rather than epic trails there are endless varieties of routes, and you can ride for hours without doing the same thing twice in the same direction.

we just finished a lot of maintenance on the trails and theyre riding really sweet. be sure to check out vortex next trip out. a great little section is to start at mixmaster (which is a location, not a trail) head up cliffs cliff, then go cedars to outback to powder monkey to webers run up torquer and down vortex and then youll be right back where you started. and no trip to the park is complete without doing highlander!

anyway, ill update here when im on two wheels again if anyone wants a guide. riding with a local is the best way to learn the park.

oh yeah, theres also a club ride that leaves from the redwood shelter every sunday at 2pm. we break up into ability groups so you can ride with a group of folks at the pace you want from beginner to expert. try to get there 15 minutes early.

enjoy the park!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Members who have read this thread: 0